[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why haven't we perfected rifles yet? The AK has been around

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

Why haven't we perfected rifles yet?

The AK has been around since the 1970's (and I imagine conceptually for many years prior) yet for all its reliability its still seen as inaccurate. The AR platform has been around since the 1950's and is still known to be unreliable. Add to that the countless other rifles produced over the years and the abundance of technology compared to the 50's, 60's & 70's, why is it that after more than half a century we haven't produced a rifle that is both the most reliable and the most accurate ever?
>>
>>31647622
Accuracy, reliability, cost. Any two will come at the expense of the third.
>>
>>31647728
I should add, small arms aren't really a big deal in the grand scheme of war. They only need to be good enough. A better radio, MRE, tank or plane will make more of a difference in a conflict than a better rifle.
>>
>>31647622
>Listening to fuddlore
It's your own fault honestly. AKs aren't inaccurate. ARs aren't unreliable. Anyone who's used either in any serious capacity will say the same.
>>
>>31647739
This.

If you gave the US troops invading Iraq Korean war vintage weapons, BARs, Garands, M1 carbines and Thompsons, the outcome would change very little.
Maybe a few hundred more casualties, but Iraq would still have been stomped.
>>
File: 1380439983910.jpg (21KB, 200x294px) Image search: [Google]
1380439983910.jpg
21KB, 200x294px
>>31647622
>AK
>a product of the 70's
>>
>>31648415
kek
>>
>>31647622
>A. K. 47
>Automatic Kalashnikov 1947

It's in the name, for fuck's sake
>>
>>31647756
second, but why fall for the b8?
>>
File: image.jpg (338KB, 2349x1119px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
338KB, 2349x1119px
>>31647622
>implying perfect rifles don't exist
>>
>>31649907
Shh... he's suppose to be misinformed. It's been a long running joke.
>>
>>31648415
Maybe they meant the ak-74 and modern akm variants?
>>
>>31647622
>The AK has been around since the 1970's

DERP
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.