[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>"just try to grab his wrist with both of your arms,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 9

>"just try to grab his wrist with both of your arms, and just headbutt/kick him to until he drops the knife
is this perhaps the only realistic defense against a knife?
>>
>>31646565
no the only realistic defense is running away or defending yourself with a better weapon
>>
>>31646565
Go for the nuts
>>
>>31646565
You could try shooting him
>>
>>31646565
Or you could just trip and throw him instead of aiming for the knife and it goes through your arm whilst trying to grab it. Your opponent isn't going to be aiming below your torso with the knife is nearly all occasions.
>>
>>31646599
>>31646570
what if you don't currently have a gun?
It happens
>>
>>31646609
if you dont have a chance to run get a weapon longer than his knife
>>
>>31646565
>implying you'll see it coming
>>
>>31646580>>31646565
boot him in the knee, from below is best as it can lift the kneecap. Try not to get slashed too badly at this point.
Once he crumples stamp on his ankle/knee/spine and run like fuck while keeping an eye out for his mates who might be around.
source: been there, done that. I recommend trying to avoid things kicking off if possible (within reason, otherwise they'll just keep coming after you).
>>
>>31646565

I would just teleport behind him and just cut him in two with my just 24 inch folding katana
>>
Running way from a knife weelding attacker is the best option.
>>
File: image.jpg (78KB, 666x502px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
78KB, 666x502px
Pic related is how I would deal with him
>>
Let me just tell you from what I know. ANY time a knife is introduced to a confrontation where both are willing to fight to the death. BOTH people will receive cuts. The best defense is a knife, martial arts training, or revolver. Why a revolver over semi auto? Contact shots son.
>>
Krav Maga top expert spesial ops here.

AMA
>>
>>31647113
N-NANI?!
>>
>>31647082
Not before saying "nothing personal, kid"
>>
Grabbing the attackers weapon or wrist is valid if you are unarmed and he is using the weapon to intimidate you but not actively attacking.
Only try it if you are sure you can gain positive control before he realizes what you're doing and switches from intimidate to attack.
Once you have some control of the weapon the attacker will focus on getting full control back. You use this opportunity to beat the shit out of the attacker until he forgets about the weapon and focuses on protecting himself, then you take full control of it.
>>
>>31647414
H-hayai!
>>
>>31646565
>is this perhaps the only realistic defense against a knife?
Assuming you aren't wearing appropriate equipment (armour, either modern or reproduction) then running away is your only defence. That or a gun.
>>
>>31646565

The best defense against a knife is pulling out your own knife so the attacker thinks "oh fuck, he has a knife" and backs down.
>>
>>31647597

This. Cut up his jacket with it, too, to show him you mean business.
>>
Running away is a good idea. Alternatively I suppose you could completely pretend he doesn't have a knife and go for a falcon punch. At least then you have three minutes or so to pick up the knife, slit his throat And control the bleeding.
>>
File: 1471999413733.jpg (1MB, 698x2875px) Image search: [Google]
1471999413733.jpg
1MB, 698x2875px
>>31647113
>>
>>31647431
>psssh...nothin personnel....kid
>ftfy
>>
You need control of the arm with the knife first and foremost.

Wrist ties or bicep ties (preferred) would work for this if you're already entangled (and also probably already stabbed 2-5 times). From there, use your other arm to get an underhook. You now have a superior position and have several options. Various takedowns are available from this position in order to put him on the ground, or you could get to his back and release him in order to run. You could, of course, also bring your own weapon into play from this point.
>>
File: 1449090170505.jpg (6KB, 268x417px) Image search: [Google]
1449090170505.jpg
6KB, 268x417px
>>31647860
>not deflecting his pocket knife with your broadsword and running him through
>>
>>31646565
I'm convinced that tacticool disarms like this are only realistic in a teaching setting. Like when the instructor is expecting someone to come at him head on with a knife.
>>
>>31646565
Nuts, neck, eyes and knees. This world does not fight fair. Neither do I.
>>
there is no winners in a knife fight. you will get stabbed 20 times before you realize they even had a knife.
>>
File: 1471991219109.png (145KB, 702x397px) Image search: [Google]
1471991219109.png
145KB, 702x397px
>>31648315
I think you would notice a knife upon being stabbed.
>>
>>31648342
Not necessarily. Depends how amped up on adrenaline you are.
>>
>>31646565
>The myth of the one handed knife attacker.
If you try to grab his wrist, the attacker will grab you with the non knife arm and will start stabbing you as many times as he can.
>>
Shoot him or run. Disarms work but there's no reason to put yourself at risk of a knife wound, it's stupid unless you have no other options.
>>
Being confronted with a knife at close range is very similar to having a gun pointed at you from a reaction time point of view.
>>
>>31646565
This situation is pretty unrealistic. The guys hand is white
>>
>>31648278
>>>31646565 (OP)
>I'm convinced that tacticool disarms like this are only realistic in a teaching setting. Like when the instructor is expecting someone to come at him head on with a knife.
>>31648278

And expecting no resistance
>>
Not having extensive real life experience with hand to hand combat, you will get cut and humiliated
>>
No, the only defense is to shoot him with a gun. If you don't have a gun, just give him all your cash.

Which should be none, who the fuck still carries cash in current year?
>>
>>31646565

fuck knife fights, and fuck you.
>>
>>31646609
Run as if your life depended on it, because it does.
>>
>>31646565
Depends on the opponents skill if it looks like he means business i would run, as bleeding out after he severs your leg artery and you die within 3 mins.
>>
File: ppsh.jpg (242KB, 1200x689px) Image search: [Google]
ppsh.jpg
242KB, 1200x689px
>>31647113
>>31647414
>>31647431
>>31647834
>using scissors
>not using superior weaponry and shoot from several meters away
>ppsh, nothing personnel kid
>>
the only solution is a bigger knife

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01NHcTM5IA4
>>
>>31650357
Excellent post
>>
>>31646565
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37XiSn81oFw
listen to this guy.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_6bmrqIsP8

knives are easily defeated
>>
>>31650500

what the fucking fuck

this is a joke right

there is no way that fat fuck moves 121 feet on a regular basis
>>
Front kicks to the solar plexus or jaw
>>
>>31650633
Pretty sure this video is entirely a self deprecating joke towards himself.
>>
>>31650482
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=II-YsbCLn6o

more.
>>
Two obligatory videos.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37XiSn81oFw

Correction: one obligatory video, since apparently the one with the dancing Filipino isn't on youtube, or at least not where I can find it.
>>
>>31651112
hivemind, and are you thinking of Dan Macierda?
>>
>>31646565
>just try to grab his wrist with both of your arms,
Well it is core concept of defense against knife. You must control hand with weapon everything else comes after.
>>
Go on YouTube and search for 'realistic knife attack'. Watch a few videos. You're not gonna pull off some kind of wrist lock or arm bar when the attacker goes crazy and stabs you 3 times a second
>>
>>31646565
you can always shoot them
>>
>>31651141
Damn if I can remember the name something like Leo Gage Jr or something like that now. Regardless of the name it is required viewing for any knife defense thread.
>>
>>31646565
Pick up a large object. A large swingable stick, brick, fist sized rock, anything. If you think you can outrun them, do it. Fighting someone who has a knife while you are disarmed is a sure way to get killed. I don't care how hollywood you think you are, you will get cut, probably pretty badly, and you will most likely die.
>>
>>31650633
Are you serious?
>>
File: pocket sand.jpg (5KB, 270x187px) Image search: [Google]
pocket sand.jpg
5KB, 270x187px
>>31650937
P R O V E N
R
O
V
E
N
>>
>>31648342
>I think you would notice a knife upon being stabbed.
Try listening to any CO who has ever been stabbed on the job. They will pretty universally talk about how it only felt like they were being punched, and they didn't realize they were being stabbed until they saw blood after the situation was over.
>>
>>31646565
>quickly deploy your cold steel shuriken and a smoke pellet to both take out your attacker and vanish.

nah, you are pretty much fucked. getting away is your best option. the reality is most knife attacks are surprise attacks played out upon expecting victims - and they are going to be violent prison style stabbings and not some guy doing flip knife arts on you. it is going to be brutal stabbings over and over and over again. if you can block(also known as getting stabbed in your arm) it could give you enough space to make an exit route. or using a backpack, briefcase or something to deflect and making a run for it.
>>
>>31654202
I know one anecdote doesn't disprove a point, but I always liked this video. Still wouldn't ever take someone on while they have a knife; the unarmed guy was absolutely huge compared to the knife guy, and knife guy was probably on some sort of drug/withdrawal.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWTsM_YUOrQ
>>
>>31646565
Taking control of the weapon or at least their ability to use their weapon is the only way, but either way, you want something in your hand.

Wrapping a coat around your left arm to use as a shield also would help.

Look up scholagladiatoria's vids on knife defence.
>>
>>31646565
>grab one hand with both hands
This still leaves him with another hand, how fucking stupid. Take a fucking judo class.
>>
>>31646609

Then you fight to the death with what you have on hand

Pretty simple, senpai
>>
>>31657009
having to kill a man with a pocket comb and a handfull of certs, bad situation all around
>>
>>31646565
KMG fag here.

This is Eyal Yannilov and he's performing a defence against a close passive knife threat.

Someone slips in front of you and holds a knife angled upwards towards you from waist height, as if they're trying to conceal the fact they're threatening you with a knife.

Process is as follows.
>Close passive stance, hands open and at your side.
>Simultaneously rotate your body off the centre line of the attack, grab their wrist with your close hand, to pin it against their body and strike them with your free hand.
Note: If they are threatening you with their right hand, you will pivot on your left foot, whilst stepping away with your right leg.
>Here is where we branch.
If you are CCing:
>Strike them with your free hand until you have them stunned or off balance enough to draw your weapon.
>Draw weapon and fire until they are no longer a threat.
>Move off from target and check surroundings.
If you are not armed:
>Strike them until they are off balance for you to grab the top of their fist with your other hand - those familiar with Judo will recognise this control.
>Use the control to drag them towards your off stance leg, bringing them off balance.
>Knee strike/kick to groin or solar plexus depending on their height.
>Slide close hand to their elbow and pull hard.
>Use top control hand to slam the knife into their chest repeatedly.
>As soon as they are no longer a threat, kick them away as hard as possible, check your surroundings and run the fuck away.

This is honestly a last minute, oh fuck defence, when you're being threatened by a tweaker who you think will kill you even if you hand over your wallet.

The best defence is to not let crazy people get that close and to conceal carry.
>>
>>31657802
Forgot to add, until you add the second control you need to press their knife arm against their body as hard as you humanly can, stepping off to the side allows you to be in a proper stance and place your body weight behind it.

The trick is that the muscles you would use to raise your arm from being pressed flat against your front are not strong enough in most people to prevent even a generally weaker opponent from pinning it - but you need to commit to it, failing to commit will earn you a knife to the gut.
>>
File: Imi-Eyal-1988.jpg (27KB, 462x547px) Image search: [Google]
Imi-Eyal-1988.jpg
27KB, 462x547px
>>31657802
>>31657819
Here's Eyal with Imi Sde-Or himself.
>>
>>31657802
>>31657819
Another note:
The original follow on for this was a disarm - again Judo practitioners will recognise it.
>Shift your close hand up to their wrist.
>Top control hand presses HARD leveraging on the knuckles, which causes sudden sharp pain and stretches the tendons to their limit, loosening their grip on the knife.
>Top hand shifts immediately afterwards and rakes back their fingers and scoops the knife handle.

It was changed about three years ago because there was nothing to really gain from attempting a disarm, but it increased your risk of getting stabbed and increased the time you had to spend focussed on the one attacker, leaving you vulnerable to a second person.
The disarm is still taught in countries with questionable defence laws, as teaching people to stab someone in reaction to being threatened with a knife can be grounds for legal action.
>>
>>31649878
I do, anonymous currency is best currency.
>>
>>31647626
and make sure you have a REAL knife
>>
File: 1472106388507.jpg (18KB, 252x233px) Image search: [Google]
1472106388507.jpg
18KB, 252x233px
>>31646565
best defence
>running away
second best
>shooting him
------POWER GAP-------
>full retard mode
trying to hung kung fooey him like you see in your chinese cartoons
Thread posts: 73
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.