[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are low recoil JHP rounds for self defense a meme? I mean they're

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5

File: 8667-DEFAULT-l.jpg (87KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
8667-DEFAULT-l.jpg
87KB, 1000x1000px
Are low recoil JHP rounds for self defense a meme? I mean they're obviously going to perform worse than an equivalent +P round, right, so why buy them? 9mm is low recoil enough as it is.
>>
>>31643528
You have a morons understanding of firearms.

That is all.
>>
>>31643528
HST = good
Hydra-shok = bad

Also if you need low recoil 9mm.... I mean dude c'mon. You suck.
>>
>>31643562
How so?
>>
>>31643615
I bet op's the kind of person who would compensate a 9mm pistol, disgusting
>>
>>31643887
>I mean they're obviously going to perform worse than an equivalent +P round
Why?
>>
>>31643562
well c'mon faggot show op your superior understanding of firearms.

drop some knowledge.
>>
>>31643924
If you wanted a lower recoiling 9mm, why not just get a lower grain weight which will naturally recoil less?
>>
>>31644040
I point you towards >>31643937

I'm just curious why you think +P is just inherently better than normal or low pressures.
>>
>>31644316
>>31643937
Because force = mass x acceleration

slower moving things are going to create less of an impact. it's physics 101 you fucking mong
>>
>>31644554
Oh, and why is that more deadly?

Also, protip, if you want to bring up ballistics never use force again, you'll hang for it.
>>
>>31644680
Are you actually fucking retarded?

When comparing EQUIVALENT rounds, IE. one is reduced load 135gr and one is +P loaded 135gr, the +P load is going to cause more trauma.

You can't refute this.
>>
Not all 9mm guns can fire +P...

Especially some of the pocket sized handguns.
>>
>>31644208
Wrong, carry a bigger platform.
>>
>>31644788
>Tfw the ruger you lovingly bought is rated for +P and all you can find are lowgrain fmj
>>
>>31643528
I wouldn't suggest low recoil, if anything just use standard pressure. I don't mind +p, but I don't carry it, I just carry standard pressure 9mm gold dots. That said, why are gold dots so fucking long? I mean, they feed fine, but I was genuinely afraid they would f2f. They're the same length as my .40 rounds for crying out loud!
>>
>>31644745
>You can't refute this.
So when a +P round causes excess stress on the projectile bending the petals back flat against the main body of the bullet, thus interacting with less tissue, it causes more trauma?

Well I can see why you're not actually in the science or medical community. You tried though.

For what it's worth also, when comparing almost any pistol round with small exception, meaning .44 magnum and the like, there is no amount of additional energy or energy transfer rate that will cause additional trauma due to the rapidly expanding cavity.

Welcome to /k/, kill yourself.
>>
>>31644745
I love it when "engineers" come to /k/ thinking they know anything about guns and how rounds perform in real life scenarios.

I'm not even going to correct you. Spend your personal time and money being wrong, by all means.
>>
File: ERbBBfZ.png (441KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
ERbBBfZ.png
441KB, 640x480px
>>31644745
You could not sound more hat tippingly autistic than you do right now.
>>
File: Is This Nigga Even Operating.jpg (150KB, 580x498px) Image search: [Google]
Is This Nigga Even Operating.jpg
150KB, 580x498px
>>31644554
>>
>>31645371
>So when a +P round causes excess stress on the projectile bending the petals back flat against the main body of the bullet
[citation needed]

>Well I can see why you're not actually in the science or medical community
And you are? Let's see your doctorate, faggot.

>>31645384
Samefag

>>31645396
Samefag
>>
File: 1469423321520.png (335KB, 600x533px) Image search: [Google]
1469423321520.png
335KB, 600x533px
>>31645409
You're a dumbass.
>>
>>31645384
Let me throw a rock at you... Now let me pick that same rock up and instead of throwing it at you, I'll put it in an air gun and fire it at you at 500fps.

Which of these scenarios is going to cause greater injury?

I thought so, faggot.
>>
>>31645409

Where's your citation? You do realize you can fucking google ballistic tests on youtube right?

Dumbass.
>>
File: you-re-gonna-need-a-bigger-bait.jpg (45KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
you-re-gonna-need-a-bigger-bait.jpg
45KB, 1000x1000px
>>31645422
>>
>>31645425
Something something burden of proof.
>>
>>31645409
>citation needed
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNFXW9NPWRc

What a dumbfuck tho
>>
>>31645443
>using garbage ass 2nd rate ammo as "proof"

Let's see the same with some Speer Gold Dots, then you can talk. If +P ammo really performed worse, it wouldn't be used on such a large scale.
>>
>>31645464
+P is used because it has slightly worse penetration against Mumbo Bubingo wearing a wifebeater and shorts but makes taking down Jack Steele with his surplus Vietnam-era flak jacket easier.
>>
>>31645464
I don't think you understand what I'm getting at, I'm saying those rounds in normal pressure worked fine. What's interesting is the speer 124s he tested worked like shit, but the +Ps worked wonderfully.

It's not just LEL MORE PRESSURE MORE POWA. Humans don't have a health counter, if the round is low recoil, standard, or +P it doesn't matter, as long as it meets IWBA standards and it expands well, it expands well. There's lots of rounds, not +P which expand to the exact same size, and penetrate to the exact same depths, through variation of bullet construction, +P is a very small part of the big picture.

You can't just buy it and go HUR DUR BETTER CUZ MOAR. That's retarded, and it has no basis in reality.
>>
>>31645484
>LEL MORE PRESSURE MORE POWA

But that's exactly how things work in the real actual, non fantasy world. You still haven't brought up a solid argument against the main point. 2 identical rounds, one moving faster, causes more damage. You don't have to have a "health counter" to understand what the term damage means in a practical sense.
>>
>>31645517
>one moving faster, causes more damage
So when they both destroy the same amount of tissue the one moving faster caused more damage?
>>
No one buys a 9mm to kill people. They're used primarily as a less than lethal option.
>>
>>31645524
The one moving faster will transfer more energy. Basic physics. If you can't wrap your head around this simple concept, there is no further use continuing the argument because I feel like I'm talking to a 5 year old.
>>
>>31645524
Last point before I roll out -

You realize that permanent tissue damage is no the only relevant factor in ballistics? Temporary cavitation is just as important. If you truly think that 2 identical rounds moving at different speeds are going to have the exact same effect on the human body, you're literally fucking retarded.
>>
>>31645531
>http://www.chuckhawks.com/energy_transfer.htm
Welp you learned somethin new tday at least.

>>31645542
I'm talking in relation to pistols. I refer you back to this post >>31645371

>For what it's worth also, when comparing almost any pistol round with small exception, meaning .44 magnum and the like, there is no amount of additional energy or energy transfer rate that will cause additional trauma due to the rapidly expanding cavity.

The only time you're going to see temp cavitation cause wounding is when you get into rifle levels of energy transfer rate.

>http://rkba.org/research/fackler/wrong.html
>The lithotripter, a recent invention that uses this sonic pressure wave to break up kidney stones, generates a wave five times the amplitude of the one from a penetrating small arms projectile. Up to 2,000 of these waves are used in a single treatment session, with no damage to soft tissue surrounding the stone (32,33). It would be difficult to imagine more convincing confirmation of Harvey's conclusions.
>>
>>31645527
Lol, .22lr in 50rd assault mags are also your best hd option
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.