[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've been reading this and it has gotten me thinking. Assume

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

File: i am a hero2.jpg (24KB, 220x312px) Image search: [Google]
i am a hero2.jpg
24KB, 220x312px
I've been reading this and it has gotten me thinking. Assume you are stuck in a place with extreme anti gun laws, someplace like glorious Nippon where guns are incredibly hard to get. What is the ideal way to defend yourself from zombies, or (more realistically) other people without a firearm?

>I know I'm a weeb
>I know zombies media is for autistic people
>>
Take your dildo, and put a razor on it. Swing it around screaming ma rites, ma rites.
>>
>>31643456
>look for someone with a tattoo
>team up and get a free gun
>>
Do what I tell Eurocucks and those who live in LA/NYC/Chicago and who can't get pepper spray or knives:

Take a bandana and wrap it around the holding bar of a lock. It can be hid in your pocket, looks in conspicuous, and can be quickly drawn to be used as a club.
>>
File: MR-25410-748890-12.jpg (151KB, 728x1046px) Image search: [Google]
MR-25410-748890-12.jpg
151KB, 728x1046px
get a truck and send zombies on isekai adventures
>>
>>31643535
Do the Yakuza even have guns? They don't seem like proper criminals anymore. More like corrupt businessmen.
>>
>>31643564
>Do the Yakuza even have guns?
Yes.
>>
>>31643564
That's cause they are smart. They only sell firearms, rarely use them themselves attracts too much attention. They don't kill cops, rarely kill innocents so authorities tend to leave them alone. If violence has to be taken, they make sure only the low level people get involved and it doesn't lead back to leadership.
>>
>>31643456
try hong kong
pretty much only bank guards and police have guns
the most triads can get are smuggled chinese TT copy and those rare
>>
I AM stuck in a place with extreme gun laws.
>>
>>31644193
I'm sorry anon. Come to Texas
>>
pepper spray
a sword, or more likely a machete
a buckler

You could make a garage gun but ammo would be difficult to get and it not nearly as easy to make without buying components that are likely restricted.
>>
>>31643456
Katana obviously.

I too live in a place with extreme gun laws (Philippines.) Good thing we disobey laws and there's some backyard gunsmith in every corner anyway.
>>
Quarterstaff
Just an unassuming piece of wood dowel that can do a lot of damage with minimal training
>>
>>31644260
Not Japan Tier though. Japan literally doesnt want people to have guns.

Philippines meanwhile just has licensing and caliber/action limitations.
>>
Also, a roll of quarters/nickels is always useful in a pinch situation.
>>
File: because of crime.jpg (45KB, 416x346px) Image search: [Google]
because of crime.jpg
45KB, 416x346px
>>31643456
I read a few chapters and wondered that same thing. I guess you'd have to wait until things got so bad that law enforcement was too busy fighting the end of the world to enforce gun laws.

Gotta say, I was happily surprised with the author's stance on firearms.
>>
>>31643456
How much prep time do you have?

If you genuinely believe there is some sort of collapse coming soon where the amount of time and money spent making guns instead of working part time and stockpiling gold and non perishable food stuffs and fuel there is nothing stopping you from learning the basics of gunsmithing and spending a couple weeks making guns and ammunition along with learning some basic chemistry.
>>
>gook land

>every family has a katana

>bring a pike
>>
>>31643456

garage guns, shit pieced together from pipes and assorted metal scrap with homemade gunpowder
>>
>>31644366
Is there a weapons board on 2channel?
>>
>>31644412
this

even if you don't think you have the time for that on top of normal prepping stuff, do it

simple plumbing pipe matchlocks are easy, four winds style slambangs are easier. the only limit if your imagination
>>
>>31645324
If you are going to be making guns in a place as isolated as Japan I would probably invest in something with more finesse than wasting time with things as rough as a matchlock.
>>
the more restrictive your land, the harder it's going to be to get stuff we take for granted here in the states like mercury fulminate based primers, slambangs are probably not even going to be viable in a SHTF japan

the day somebody gets schematics for a nice flintlock breech-loading rifle is gonna be the day we have the most practical SHTF gun, which'll serve you long after we run out of primers and brass
>>
>>31643456
I actually live in Japan and have considered this a few times. Thankfully though I'm US military and base security at that. I'm armed every other day with atleast am M9.
If I were off that fateful day however and the entire base was wiped out before I could get recalled I'd still be okay. Still have a good kukri and a dozen more quality knives. I'd just hole up for a couple days til chaos dies down then scavenge what I can. Every other Nip cop has a .38 and I'm 10 minutes from my base and 20 from a JGSDF base. Would be rough but I'm sure I could manage.
>>
>>31645383
As a famous youtube chemist once said
>'I don't care what happens, I can make anything; just would take more steps'
>>
>>31643564
They have guns but they hang onto them and don't let their low-level thugs have them. Unless someone actually HAS to die they just don't bother. Beating someone's ass into the pavement with fists and baseball bats for crossing you pretty much gets ignored as long as A) That person isn't important and B) They don't die from the beating.

And don't underestimate them. They ARE criminals. The government just allows them to exist because they're so widespread and the alternative would be collapsing the economy, spending billions and a lot of people dying when, at least right now, they only tend to kill other criminals and oust their own members who fuck up and kill innocents.
>>
>>31645383
fortunately blank cartridges are available in many countries. The japanese guy who made the Zigzag revolver (who got arrested) had it firing .38 Spl blanks. If blanks are available you're fuckin golden
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.