[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi /k/, I have a Henry .22 classic. But the question here is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

File: BucketOBullets.jpg (95KB, 640x709px) Image search: [Google]
BucketOBullets.jpg
95KB, 640x709px
Hi /k/, I have a Henry .22 classic. But the question here is about ammo. I've seen pic related at Dick's here in California. Are the rounds decent or shit?
>>
>>31643318
Just get an AR.
>>
File: 1402986532840.gif (193KB, 274x200px) Image search: [Google]
1402986532840.gif
193KB, 274x200px
>>31643365
No range within 70 miles allows them, and poorfag here.
>>
>>31643318
>Henry .22 classic

They'll likely mostly all go off and feed well. Since you have a lever action you're fine. I'd be a bit more wary of using them in a semi-auto since I've had some trouble with those cycling a few times.
>>
>>31643318
fine if thats all you can find but generally, remington is the dirtiest bulk 22lr ive shot and the highest rate of duds (not tons, but more than other brands).
but keep in mind a lot of 22lr bulk gets your gun dirty anyway so whatever.
>>
>>31643796
This is pretty much what I was looking for. I've heard people say they're shit, but others that use it as their go to plinking buy.
>>
There's so much junk on those that by the end of a range day, your hands will look like you jacked off a jew.
>>
>>31643831
>remington is the dirtiest bulk 22lr ive shot and the highest rate of duds

Fits with my experience. I remember when they were 10 bucks.
>>
>>31643831
I don't mind the cleaning, I clean it after every range trip, and a quick one over before if it's been sitting for more than 3 months
>>
>>31643853

People plink with them because they're cheap as shit not because they're high quality. Which has always been the case. Used to buy thunderbolt by the brick and you'd always expect about 4-5% of the rounds to fail.
>>
>>31643318
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVxQOqAdxZ8

make sure they don't short you

> I've never been shorted in Federal bulk packs. They're usually a few rounds over.
>>
>>31643967
Not trying to be a smart ass, but could you just weigh a say 10 rounds, take an average, then multiply by 1400 to get an expected weight, then weight the bullets to get a difference?
>>
>>31643318
Remington bulk rimfire ammo a shit. I get 5% duds or more in every box, and it is inconsistent and dirty. Winchester is not much better. Some production runs of red-box American Eagle are worse.

If you have a choice about what ammo you are using--and we know .22 LR ammo availability is still very spotty in a lot of the US--you will probably have fewest problems with Federal or CCI.

If I have a choice I buy CCI Blazers or Federal "Champion" bulk pack. Or CCI Mini-Mags, or Federal "Automatch." CCI Standard Velocity is also good but not every semiauto cycles it--in a lever gun it would be perfectly okay, though.
>>
>>31644100
I just looked up prices for federal. Its like 2-4 cents more a round, but if it means less duds, it seems like it's worth it
>>
>>31643438
Where the fuck do you live?
>>
>>31643438
>No range within 70 miles allows them
Get out of there.
>>
>>31643365
What if you already have 3 and now you are just looking to do some plinking? Get another AR?
>>
They're decent, not that it matters for a manual repeater
>>
>>31645238
My guess would be Bay Area. I've spent a bit of time there and 70 miles to the nearest rifle range sounds believable depending on where you're coming from.

I'm in LA and have to drive like 40 minutes to get to the closest place I could shoot an AR, or at least the closest place worth doing it. (I think there's an indoor range that allows rifles but is only like a 35yd range or something.)
>>
>>31645382
Yeah why not, I dunno.
>>
>>31643318
bought four buckets of these for when the election comes so I can sell them to retarded fudds. It's decent enough ammo, but dirty as hell and fills your whole face with powder. Will work in most reliable guns, like the lever action you got, but for most typical semi .22s its pretty shit.
>>
>>31645677
Damn that's a pretty good idea, you thinking like $10 for 100 rounds?
>>
>>31645392
not bay area. all the outdoor ranges allow ARs and there's more than a few ranges within 70 miles
>>
>>31645840
Something like that. Maybe throw them in old cci cases I have laying around and sell them for 30, only sell to fudds though lol. For /k/ I'd sell the whole jar for like 100
>>
>>31645238
Probably bay area. I'm in the Fontana/San Bernardino County area and I've never had that problem.
>>
>>31644039
That's what many manufacturers do to fill bulk containers. It's common to add a small overage to ensure you get at least the labeled amount, especially if you sell by quantity instead of weight. Another option is to use an optical counter to count each piece as it falls in. It's slower and more expensive. Again, a few extras are often added to ensure you aren't shorted. The cheap way is to simply fill by volume, but actual counts can vary way more depending on variable packing density.

The jews at Remington either used the latter method, or intentionally didn't account for shortages. Every shekel counts.

> It's a bit like buying a case of beer and only getting 23 cans.
>>
>>31643318
Buy them and go squirrel hunting. You'll be fine.
>>
>>31643318
I use them in my 10/22 and savage mkII. They are dirty, even when you're loading them. I. The ruger I get peppered often with debris as they cycle (I shoot lefty). Unlike others I've been lucky to have a 0% dude rate, but now that I e said it I'll get a ton. At .06cpr I still think it's high but have accepted that to be the new baseline.
>>
>>31643318

stay far away. Golden Bullet is shit. I've used it in a 10/22 and a S&W 22A

>gold flakes all over guns
>guns covered in gunpowder
>10% failure to fire

it's the filthiest and least reliable ammo I've ever used.
>>
>>31648189
Try Blazer then get back to me on that one
>>
>>31647233
"0.06 cents per round"? Are you retarded?
>>
>>31643318
Have same gun and same ammo. The bullets arent very tight in the casing and theyre the dirtiest ammo ive ever shot. But it shoot just fine
>>
>>31643318
golden bullshit is a pile of crap
>>31644100
this guys right out of all the cheap bulk ammo remshit has the highest rate of duds
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.