[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any tips for holding, handling,... a handgun, just need some

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

Any tips for holding, handling,... a handgun, just need some random tips & tricks from experienced users which make shooting alot more comfortable/tactical.
>>
>>31637133
always look down the barrel after reloading to make sure you chambered a round

keep your finger in the trigger guard so you are always ready to go

focus on the rear sights to make your shot

putting one hand under the magazine when shooting helps prevent missfeeds

shoot with your feet together and your shoulders back
>>
>>31637167
There are always these morons who can never answer like normal adults
>>
>>31637187
>leave /k/
>read this place instead

https://pistol-forum.com/forum.php
>>
>>31637187
There are always these morons who can never google like normal adults.
>>
>>31637225
Ain't gonna leave /k/ but thanks for dat link ^^
>>
>>31637133
Pay attention to your stance. Place your feet in a fighting stance, lean forward slightly, and roll your shoulders slightly forward. This will help with recoil and is universal across gun types.

Let the gun recoil, in your hand, just hold firm while it does it's thing.

Realign sights on the target BEFORE releasing the trigger but AFTER every shot. That's called "follow through".

Watch shooting tips on youtube right before going to the range.
>>
>>31637133
OP, keep the arm you're holding the gun with straight, and then use the other arm to support it but also pull back with it so you can manage the recoil better and have better follow up shots. At least that's how i was told.
>>
File: IMG_8718.jpg (43KB, 500x484px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8718.jpg
43KB, 500x484px
Canted
>>
>can choose between USP, glock 17, P226
Which one, /k/?
>>
>>31637133
Keep your finger out of the trigger guard and off the trigger .

Always always point in a safe direction loaded or not. ( 2 usually safe directions are up and down [ about 2 feet in front of you])

Every gun is always loaded.

The safety isnt. relying on it is a bad idea.

Keep a firm grap on the gun.

If you dont know ask for help.

Dont ever spin a gun on your finger. Or flick a revolver closed.

If you point a gunbat it be prepared to kill it.
>>
>>31639224
17 or USP. Would opt for a 19 over 17, but whatever.
SIG has consistently shown that they're incapable of maintaining manufacturing quality or standards.
>>
>>31637603
>Realign sights on the target BEFORE releasing the trigger but AFTER every shot. That's called "follow through".

Uh, no. That's called shooting the gun when you feel it reset instead of shooting the gun when your sights align. Complete waste of time, you prep the trigger when the gun recoils so as soon as you get your sights aligned, you're ready to shoot instead of wasting time getting the gun reset. Look at shooters like Travis Haley, JJ Racaza and Ernest Langdon shooting rapidly.

>Watch shooting tips on youtube right before going to the range.

Seeking credible instruction is better. Youtube is full of retards and misinformation.
>>
>>31637133

I'll just throw random shit out there.

Grip is the second biggest issue with new shooters (the first being sight alignment) ensure your grip with your firing hand is pulling the pistol straight backwards into your hand, there should be no lateral pressure, also don't deathgrip it. In the standard semi auto pistol grip with both thumbs forward/not crossed people tend to not get enough purchase on the pistol with their support hand. The meat of your support hand should almost be up in the thumb groove on the grip. Never place your support hand fingers on the side/front of the trigger guard, it just adds an extra pivot/wiggle point to fuck up your arc of movement, this is counter intuitive to people with big hands, especially on a glock where the trigger guard is flared and sometimes textured in the front.

The NRA offers a lot of good courses and you can easily search their website by zip code to find nearby instructors.

NRA/Winchester marksmanship program has some basic drills you can do at pretty much any range.
>>
>>31637133
When I started shooting handguns, I would always have my support hand over my dominant thumb. Accuracy noticeably increased when I stopped doing it
>>
Regarding grip:
- Grip pistol normally in dominant hand. Look at opposite side of gun. Your support hand should cover as much of this empty space as possible. In a thumbs-forward grip, try rotating your support hand forward (i.e. the direction it would rotate when swinging a hammer) to increase coverage area.
- For grip tightness, squeeze with both hands until the sights shake noticeably. Now slowly reduce grip force until the sights stop shaking. This is how tightly you should grip when firing.
- Rotate your elbows out. This keeps you from creating a natural "hinge point" for the recoil to act through, and replaces it with something more akin to a shock absorber.

Regarding trigger control:
- Place the middle of your first joint on the trigger. Pull the trigger straight back without placing any sideways force on the trigger.

Regarding dry fire:
- Do it every single day. This is the single best way to improve your pistol shooting fundamentals. Everything is exactly the same as on the range except for recoil control. Google "Bruce Gray Dry Fire Package" and read it. Some people recommend trying to balance a coin on the front sight while dry firing; I consider this to be asinine, it slows down the process way too much. Just make sure you don't blink & your sights don't move.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.