[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sup /k/ommandos. Need some advice. My girlfriend wants to go

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: 1372615356570561.jpg (58KB, 459x343px) Image search: [Google]
1372615356570561.jpg
58KB, 459x343px
Sup /k/ommandos. Need some advice.

My girlfriend wants to go to a gun range, and possibly get a gun of our own in the future for home defense. I shot a lot of guns growing up, but that was limited to rifles and shotguns.

Any advice on taking a girl shooting? Also what sort of pistol should she or I start out on?
>>
File: 1455152566420.png (1MB, 882x1232px) Image search: [Google]
1455152566420.png
1MB, 882x1232px
>>31634059
Has she shot a gun before, and what are you looking to buy?

Best bet would be to go to a gun store, splain what you're looking for, and take suggestions. Write em down. Then do some research on the interwebz to narrow it down a bit. Lastly, go to a range that rents and try em out.

Taking girls shooting is just like taking guys shooting for the first time, sometimes better. Some guys I've taken think they know what they're doing because of Call of Duty or some shit. Patience and practice.

Professional training wouldn't hurt either. It costs some cash, but it's nice to have.
>>
>>31634059
I wanted this to be a gif so bad
:(
>>
File: 754224.jpg (13KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
754224.jpg
13KB, 320x240px
>>31634059
My wife is petite (<100 lbs) and short (5'2") so introducing her to guns was gradual. If your GF is noise sensitive (my wife is) outdoor ranges > indoor ranges. Catch is most outdoor ranges don't have guns for rent, so if you're using an indoor range, get NICE hearing protection for her.

22lr is the perfect place to start. Go to a gun range that has .22's for rent, and start her with a bolt action .22 if you can, or a ruger 10/22.

Once she's comfortable with that, look for a .22lr handgun to try.

Browning buckmark, Ruger mkIII or S&W 22 are great guns to start with. Load only ONE round in the magazine, and use it as a single shot until she's comfortable with the recoil. (I know, I know, "what recoil! It's a .22!" well there is some recoil and if her first experience shooting a handgun is unpleasant she's not likely to ever do it again.)

Have her chew through at least a box worth of .22lr, and then if she's comfortable move up to the 9mm. I recommend a Beretta, CZ, or Sig, but make sure whatever gun she shoots is one she can actually get a decent, comfortable grip on. Repeat the "one shot only" until she's comfortable with the recoil impulse.

This worked for my wife, and she can shoot a handgun decently but she still greatly prefers long arms to hand guns.

Pic related; how NOT to introduce a new shooter to handguns.
>>
I always make females try a 9mm first above all things. If they are recoil shy and to try a .22, explain to them that it is a fucking varmint round and to woman the hell up. Make sure they are not chick leaning. Make sure they have a good stance. Make sure they have a good grip. Also dont forget to offer rewards for good shooting, cunnilingus goes a long way
>>
>>31636476
>.22lr

So much this. Most people who aren't shooters have never experienced something like recoil before. Not being able to physically stop something from moving is not something most people have ever encountered. It's a completely new type of sensation that takes getting used to. Stress that you shouldn't try to stop the gun from moving because of the recoil and to just let it happen (without subconsciously exaggerating it)
>>
File: 2kQogTB.jpg (77KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
2kQogTB.jpg
77KB, 640x960px
>>31636498

and be sure to hold the door for the ladies on the way out good sir
>>
>>31634059
Treat her like a normal adult human being. Don't give her shoot some stupid bullshit .22, give her a proper gun.
>>
>>31634059
Tell her not to fucking lean back. Show her how to properly shoulder the rifle (if you're shooting rifles). Show her what a cheek weld is, and how to NOT get scope eye.

That's the fundamentals really for teaching a girl, the rest is normal shit, safety, breath + trigger discipline, trigger manipulation and teach her the actions of each rifle/pistol. Make sure you go through what each part does (simplify it to bolt, mag release etc) so she knows what she's doing. Have her do dry runs (loading magazines into the rifle, working the bolt ETC) so she gets comfortable with it BEFORE it becomes lethal.
>>
>>31637578
>not to fucking lean back
That'll come with training, they will know what leaning is for when they keep doing it long enough.

Haven't actually had a chance to test it on a real person, but I'm inclined to think that if you ask someone to empty the whole mag as fast as they possibly can without regard to what they hit, the understanding of why you should lean forward and not back will come sooner (as in, "lean into the lead wind or you'll be knocked back").
>>
>>31637549
>"Are you sure, Anon?"
>I'm fucking positive TangoBravo, use your call outs.
>"But CharlieEcho, 50 BMG seems big for a pistol."
>It's a handgun TangoBravo, now act like an adult and fucking expend your brass.
>"Well...o-ok."
>*Gun flips harshly and straight nails her in the head*
>"GUHUUGH"
>Fucking limp wrist libcuck, how can you expect to ever expend brass with the best if you can't even shoot measly anti material rounds.
>"Anon, I-"
>Shut up you crack whore, I expect you to train alone until you can handle it then call me on TeamSpeak.
>>
>>31637797
This sounds like pretty much the ideal date.
>>
>>31634059
Teach her all the safety shit at home before bringing her to a range.
>>
>>31634059
Tell her to keep her booger hook off the bang switch until she's ready to bring the hate
>>
Send her to a girls night at the range.

Try and find a female instructor.

Stay out of her way. Let her make her own gun choice.
>>
>>31634059
Bring a variety of things. Don't assume that just because she is a girl she won't like heavier caliber stuff. My tiny wife (4'9) LOVED my Lebel.

Also, proper form and stance goes a long way to helping mitigate recoil.

Lastly, don't be a condescending dick head.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.