[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Military Enlistment General /MEG/ Trumpenreich edition. Pr

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 317
Thread images: 44

File: 1476144841047.png (2MB, 1680x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1476144841047.png
2MB, 1680x1024px
Military Enlistment General /MEG/

Trumpenreich edition.

Previous thread
>>31604055

>Discord
https://discord.gg/0y3eBT2ji4rHI4TM
>IRC Channel
>implying anyone uses IRC
#MEG on Freenode
If you're on mobile look up AndroIRC for the app. Any questions, ask in the thread to get you set up.

Resources:

>Armyranger.com
For Ranger info, obviously.

>http://www.sealswcc.com/
SEAL/SWCC site with videos and fitness plans and a forum

>Shadowspear.com
All around SOF website. Great info and run by former/active members of every SOF unit. Mentor program. Also has forums for international SOF.

>Professionalsoldiers.com
For all Army SF info.

>http://www.corpsman.com
For Navy Corpsman info.

>http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?115180-MARSOC-Force-Recon
This is an all-inclusive thread for MARSOC/Force Recon stuff. Good site for Marines info too.

>http://www.uscg.org
For Coast Guard info. Good site, lots of vets able to answer questions.

>www.defencejobs.gov.au/
For info on the Australian Defense Force, and how you can shitpost on the world stage.

>https://www.airwarriors.com/community/
Naval Aviator forum with info on Navy OCS as well

OP template
http://pastebin.com/sb5Gv1dW

Before you ask a question, check the FAQ
http://pastebin.com/Rx0nDuga

Which branch are you enlisting/enlisted/considering?
http://strawpoll.me/6764857
>>
>>31630394
stars the wrong side
>>
Joined the Navy a while back, not disappointed. If you do join the Navy, be prepared to hate Chicago with every fiber of your being by the time you leave. If you're an ET or an FC, that'll be a while.
>>
Is it true that not all branches allow enlisted personnel to become Warrant Officers?

Which branches do this so we can know what to avoid?
>>
>>31630436
Air Force dont got em. And in the army its a little different than it is in the navy.
>>
File: U.S. Army Warrant Officers.jpg (570KB, 2250x1500px) Image search: [Google]
U.S. Army Warrant Officers.jpg
570KB, 2250x1500px
>>31630436
Only the Air Force does that. They banned Warrant Officers around the same time they banned enlisted pilots.

Its also the main branch where their E-7s and above are often less skilled than the lower enlisted due to a larger focus on morale events and "bullets".

Also a warning: If you are joining the military to escape "corporate culture" and "PC training", the Air Force is probably the last place for you.

All the other branches allow for Warrants. The USMC requires 8 years of experience in the corps, the Navy requires you to be an E-7, and the Army allows one to become a Warrant on entry depending on their skillset. See Flight Warrants.
>>
>>31630394
I went through Infantry OSUT like 4 months ago ama
>>
>>31630505
>Air Force banned Warrants

Need those F-35 munnies. Its also why the enlisted promote so slowly, its a sound money saving tactic but the enlisted personnel end up looking incompetent in joint environments due to their inability to make rank. You will be making much more money doing similar jobs in the other branches.
>>
>>31630394
hello all say you go active to reserve competent back to home state will they train you for something in home state?
CT here, army officer contract 3 year adso
Problem for me is going armor army my state got no armor, most likely have to go MP.
>>
>>31630529
Stats before you shipped?
>2-mile run
># of pushups; 2 min
># of situps; 2 min

Any special schools? Airborne? What's next for you?
>>
>>31630436
>>31630476
>>31630505
>>31630531

You all got b8'd by the same guy who spam shitposts rhetorical questions on /MEG/ where the answer is always "airforce".

There's some shit aspects of the Air Force, but they have some cool stuff too, like Palace Chase.
>>
>>31630552
2 mile was like 13:40
60 pushups
70 situps

honestly that doesn't really matter man. Unless you are legit fat and shitty. If you put forth your best effort you'll be a machine by PFT 3.

I was a med waiver and they wouldn't give me any cool schools. 3rd ID in Savannah.
>>
>>31630589
So you were pretty much in shape man, good shit.

I hope to be at around your stats before I go.

How was OSUT? Any oldfags? Did you get grilled like crazy?
>>
Lol the last PT test I took was in AIT back in march. I was a total shitbag and went to sickcall all the time to get out of PT and nobody expected me to pass but I did with a 15:20 2 mile, 60 sit ups, and 52 pushups.
>>
>>31630589
what's the hurricane like?
>>
>>31630394
On that subject, who seems to be the popular candidate among the military?
>>
>>31630867

Conservativefags are all over combat arms and support Trump traditionally. Liberalfags are all over the intel/computer fields and would probably vote Hillary...except for the giant security fuckup hits really close to home, so they're all just not voting or voting for Trump.

Gary Johnson is a no-go for anyone who works for the government because he wants to fire everyone his first day in office. Nobody knows who Jill Stein is.
>>
>>31630572
>You all got b8'd
How is a legitimate question bait?
>>
>>31631480

All good b8 is legit questions m8.
>>
I can answer most ROTC related questions.

Any opinions I give outside of factual answers are my own and do not represent the views of AFROTC or the US Air Force.
>>
Any ausfags have any insight into doing an electrical apprenticeship with the adf
>>
>>31631700
I'm almost out of high school and I've been thinking about joining an ROTC program with the primary goal of being a career soldier. The general collage shit isn't a problem, I'm just curious about the program.
>>
ask me about my green weiner
>>
>>31631844
Ok! That's great! Which branch are you considering for ROTC? Also, what in particular do you have questions about?
>>
>>31631908
Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. I am considering either Marines or Army. And probably infantry for both. This may seem like a dumb question but if I graduated collage would then receive a combat commission after basic training? My grandfather did this but that was back in the 60s.
>>
>>31630431
I'm from Wisconsin. I already hate Chicago with every fiber of my being.

I ignored the person in last thread who asked "what's it like being an 0311". It's too vague and general a question, don't want to write a book. If anyone has a more specific question about marine grunt life, I'm here for an hour or two.
>>
Does army get their own rooms? Even those small spaces which are connected with kitchen or bathroom whatever shit? Does army have that?

Need to watch my chinese cartoons in private
>>
File: 1476145366097.jpg (14KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1476145366097.jpg
14KB, 400x400px
>>31630589
Rip
>MFW Airborne physical in the morning
>MFW handed out to anyone who asks
Understaffed Intel MOS a best
>>
>>31632128
Not who youre responding to, but if you graduate with the rotc program complete you have a higher chance of getting a combat career if thats what you put down for your packet. Without rotc or academy, getting infantry is very unlikely. So take that into consideration if you decide to just do college without rotc.
>>
>>31632400
It depends on the barracks. You could have a room with nothing but a fridge and microwave, or one with its own bathroom, or one with its own mini kitchen. For the most part you will have 2-4 to a room. So plan out your jerk off sessions for when your roomates go out at night to hook up with bar sluts.
>>
>>31631844
What unit you with?
>>
>>31632464
Thank you. My goal is to get a combat career, in fact it's why I would to collage. I have no interest in being in the reserves or a non combat role whatsoever.
>>
>>31632534
I'm not sure what you are asking. If it what I think, none as I'm in highschool still at the moment.
>>
File: SNL_1564_03_What_Up_With_That.png (780KB, 920x517px) Image search: [Google]
SNL_1564_03_What_Up_With_That.png
780KB, 920x517px
>>31632534
>>31632591
ROFL. You kids are cute.
>>
>>31632538
Honestly, if you went infantry enlisted, you "could" put in a packet for westpoint if you ever thought about doing academy but couldnt due to not applying during sophmore highschool.

My buddy went in as intel enlisted, then on his one year mark, did the westpoint packet, and came out of academy as an infantry officer. Westpoint sends an email to new guys every couple of months to put a packet in(at least my peer group got them).

Tempting as it was to go there, i already had an airborne packet approved around that time, and then put signing up for academy off because new job assignment made me feel special. Then i was too old by the time i felt i had time to do it. And right now i have a pending lima reclass in the works.
>>
File: 1456257788489.jpg (215KB, 666x590px) Image search: [Google]
1456257788489.jpg
215KB, 666x590px
>>31632513
>bar sluts

anyways, I really want to do something combat related, but heard it's shit right now since no war and stuff and such
>>
>>31632538
You can always trade more time to get active duty and the role you want
>>
>>31632699
my advice to all people wanting to join mil, is pick a job you cant do normaly on the outside civilian world. Dont come into this to learn a basic job skill. In the real world all they care about is a degree. You can have 5 years experience doing intelligence analyst, and you will be competing for a civ/gov job against either people with a degree and no exp, or when applying for above mid level, masters degree and no exp.

You have the gi bill to use after you had your 3-5 years of fun, use that for future job. Join the mil for the memories, not the resume.

>5 years in intel
>cant get a mid level position(equivalent to what i was doing) without bachelors
>currently 1 year from earning degree
>>
>>31631844
go in enlisted and then do green to gold. Smartest way to do it. If you have great grades you can apply for a service academy while you are in and West Point has upped it's numbers of active enlisted that they admit each year so if you could get in that way you;d be golden. Having ht little bit of enlisted experience would give you a huge advantage. Just don't be a retard that get's married at 18.
>>
>>31632460
Intel is literally the best career field for schools
>>
>>31632538
>>31632786
Unfortunately I'm not as familiar with Army and Marines ROTC protocol. Sorry about that, anon, and best of luck in college!
>>
>>31631700
I'm a transfer student next Fall majoring in electrical engineering. I want to do AFROTC to become a Fighter Pilot (don't meme on me). What's the best way to ensure I get a slot by the time I graduate?

What are day by day operations as an ROTC candidate?
>>
If Hillary starts WWIII with Russia over some stupid shit I'm gonna turn 360° and moonwalk away.
>>
>>31633005
If you're the same EE guy from last thread, hello again!

While it's hard to 100% guarantee a pilot slot, enthusiasm for flight, good grades, and good ratings by your senior cadets and cadre are what the review board look at the most. AFOQT scores also come into play so make sure you're familiar with the format of the test and are wholly prepared - you may only take it a maximum of two times.

As a transfer junior just starting ROTC, the cadre will ask you if you're sure - this is not to dissuade you, but because you likely need to do the 3-year ROTC program. While there is catching up to do in terms of knowledge, it depends on if you're willing to be a 5th-year senior. It can give you time to pursue a minor, or take lighter courseload over the years to ensure a better GPA, but that is up to your own deliberation.

Daily life in ROTC is pretty standard. You will be guided through the basics. Be polite, respectful, and prompt with suspenses (deadlines).
>>
>>31632876
>Spending 5 years in intel and not getting a degree

Bruh I got my four-year degree and finished grad school in that time. What the fuck were you doing?

But, sure, tell everyone to spend an entire enlistment mopping to "build character" or somefuck.
>>
>>31630867

The military times hasn't done a newer poll, but overall the trend is

Marines > Army > Air Force > Navy

in descending order of trump approval.

As you go up the ranks, you get more Clinton approval. Trump is most popular with enlisted, less so with NonComs, even less with officers.

That said overall Trump has more military support as of a month ago, but it's not a lot more, was like 60 to 40 or something, and among non-marine officers and Navy noncoms Clinton was ahead.
>>
File: 1475088732926.png (437KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1475088732926.png
437KB, 600x600px
>>31631632
>All good b8 is legit questions m8
pic

>>31631873
In the last thread so said batt are the best shooters or something along those lines. They really better than SF?
>>
Fuck it, im pulling an all nighter, ill be checking every so often.

Ask a former army intel guy anything
>7 years TIS
>joined as a 35W, went P, got rolled then dropped from semester 3 korean at dli, then reclassed to N, then became the s2 ncoic for a shit unit, and then reupped and reclassed to F.
>never deployed due to paperwork error. Was literally packed up and days from boarding plane, and found out orders got mixed up with someone else in unit with same name, rank, and last 4 of social, and got sent to a new unit
>only been stationed in california, virginia, and hawaii
>after year 4 I learned how shit worked, and said fuck it and went cruise control for the money
>got out last year as an E6 because army got real weird real fast in 2014
>age 25

I will admit that my career is not typical. It was full of retarded mix ups and horrible units. I swear the only good thing that came out of it was meeting the best bunch of degenerates our country had to offer. I have met so many fucked up people, that I could literally work with any type of person. Rapists, gang members, child molesters, etc...And these were guys in intel units. ill post some stories in a bit.
>>
File: 1475980889585.jpg (81KB, 924x571px) Image search: [Google]
1475980889585.jpg
81KB, 924x571px
>>31633330
Let me get this straight, you were a
35W-35P-35M-35F?
And what do you mean
>>only been stationed in california, virginia, and hawaii
Thats 3 places in only 7 years, isnt that a lot?
>>
File: 1434884449153.png (125KB, 922x882px) Image search: [Google]
1434884449153.png
125KB, 922x882px
>coast guard has 36 votes
>last time I visited meg months ago we were at 3

f-feels good man
>>
>>31633389

Different anon here, but 35W isn't really an MOS. It's what they used to use as a placeholder for people that were either going 35P or 35N, depending on whether they could learn a language. They abolished the idea years ago.

Basically anon here tried to join as a linguist/analyst (P), bounced off linguist school, went analyst instead (N), and finally reclassed to F.

>Thats 3 places in only 7 years, isnt that a lot?

If you count training commands, I was in like 8 places in 5 years for at least 6 months apiece. If you reclass or have multi-part pipelines you end up in a lot of places that aren't really permanent duty stations. If anon up there went 35N and 35F, he also spent some time in Texas and Arizona for training, and probably one other state for BCT.
>>
>>31633116
I was working......

The only person in my last unit who was able to do her degree, did so only because 1)she was female, and 2)she was so retarded she couldnt be trusted to do work, and 3)she was medboarding for 2 years.

First year and half I was getting drunk every weekend, and had cq or did BN driving during the week in addition to office work. 2nd year army tuition was stopped. When it came back, unit commander wouldnt sign off on anyone using it. year 3-5 I was working night shift for the most part, either office or staff duty. I was able to do a couple of classes here and there, but I was only at AA degree level by the time I ETS. My degree takes longer than the standard 4 years full time. I had to retake a bunch of shit the past 2 years to meet the reqs for my major. Plus I wanted to use my GI bill since I had the kicker bonus to add an extra thousand a month to my monthly housing.

Congrats on you getting a degree. You were lucky enough to have the free time and access to do so. Shit if you had that much free time, why didnt you put in a packet for rasp or airborne? Do you even use the GI bill?

Who said anything about building character? I said memories.

The average civ will never ride in a tank or fire a mortar, or use artillery, or rappel from a helicopter, or do squad/unit movements, or breach a building/room.
>>
>>31633577
>Unit commander won't sign of anyone using [tuition assistance]
That's illegal, Army anon.
>>
>>31633577

>Shit if you had that much free time, why didnt you put in a packet for rasp or airborne?

Why would I go subject myself to innawoods bullshit when I could be working on college?

A good half my credits were earned on the job though, including a bunch of my grad school credits.

>The average civ will never ride in a tank or fire a mortar, or use artillery, or rappel from a helicopter, or do squad/unit movements, or breach a building/room.

The average civ doesn't want to do all that bullshit, and the average enlistee wouldn't trade a cushy life with time to do college for any of it...which is why most of them don't when given the opportunity.
>>
>>31633577
>Plus I wanted to use my GI bill since I had the kicker bonus to add an extra thousand a month to my monthly housing.
You talking montgomery? Cause that doesnt exist for post 9/11.
>>
>>31630867
Trump is popular with Enlisted, Clinton is more popular among Officers.
>>
>>31633389
Ya, I enlisted as a 35W which at the time was a placeholder to go P or N. I got P, then semester 3 of korean school I was pulled out of class to roll back to an earlier class since I was doing good but not great( was getting the equivalent of B+ when I needed an avg of A to continue on), but when they pulled me, the new battalion commander decided roll backs shouldnt exist anymore and stopped them for all languages. I got reclassed to 35N luckily, because at that point in time they could send you to any MOS they wanted to fuck with your contract bonus. So people who signed 6 years for 30k bonuses would get sent to small arms repair or infantry and still have to serve the 6 years but no bonus. It was really fucked up. After I got done with N, my first duty station ended up being a tradoc unit and I was assigned to the S2 which is the intel/security office. This particular one dealt mostly with personnel security and opsec reg type shit. I ended up doing that for almost a year, then I got sent to hawaii, and was assigned S2 again, due to my ncoic being assigned at the same unit and timeframe(he dragged me into that office). Then our unit was supposed to deploy, and I was all ready to go, but then right when I was about to leave, it turns out my name got switched with someone else, and they had to hold me back until they resolved it so I missed my timeline to leave. During this time in limbo, I got reassigned to another unit and worked in an intel office. By the time all my shit was settled, I was able to reclass and re enlist. Having worked in a F primary field, and experiencing N work during that limbo time, I decided to re up as a F since I knew the ins and outs of the job and I actually enjoyed it. Then I served the last few years at a couple of different bases in those states i mentioned.

I did go to a bunch of different bases while in for training and such, but the majority of my time was in those 3 states.
>>
>>31633108
Yea dude it's me, I assumed you were the dude from last thread... How's it goin! What do you do in the AF?

>You likely need to do the 3-year ROTC program.
That's probably what I'm going to end up doing... I guess I can still try for other pilot slots or if not I will choose a career that is the closest related to my degree (EE)... Which could that be?

>Daily life in ROTC is pretty standard.
Do you wear uniform everyday? Lot's of PT? Is it a tremendous commitment on top of your major's workload? Any time to socialize (in your experience)? Is it true you compete with all ROTC + Academy graduating classes for slots?

Thanks a lot for taking your time in here helping people out, your efforts are appreciated sir.
>>
>>31633653
Im talking post 9/11. It even says so on the approving letter. I think they only offered it during the 2007-2011 time frame. I got it with a 24k bonus for my MOS.

>>31633612
Unit commanders sign off on whether you can use the TA or not. At least in the army thats how it works.

>>31633623
Youre telling me you have no regrets not being able to do cool mil shit being out now? I got to do cool intel shit, but never any tactical type stuff. Now that im into guns, I now have to attend courses to learn shit I could have in the mil. Im not talking operator type shit, im talking movements through environments, ranging, tracking, etc. It just would have been cool to blow shit up, and rappel from helicopters or static line jump.
>>
>>31630436
That Diving Officer device is cool as fuck, with the seahorses and shit.
>>
6 Days until I leave for Parris Island
last IST was 11:24 run, 9 Pull Ups, 93 crunches, 67 ammo can lifts (we do them on IST days even when they're not part of the IST)
Looking for any and all advice for going in.
>>
>>31633790
>Im talking post 9/11. It even says so on the approving letter. I think they only offered it during the 2007-2011 time frame. I got it with a 24k bonus for my MOS.
Wtf you better take a pic and show me cause i joined in 2010 and im using the Gi Bill as we speak and i have no clue wtf youre talking about? What did you ahve to do to get it cause you realize an extra Grand a month is a shit load of money
>>
>>31633723
A 3-year ROTC program does not exclude you from being a pilot - you are offered a pilot slot based on class rank (affected by GPA, AFOQT, and cadre opinion), as well as the career fields you indicate you are interested in. A cadet looking for a pilot slot competes with all other cadets from his/her graduating class for selection to be a pilot. If you keep up your good grades and do well on AFOQT and PFT (fitness test), then you are likely going to be offered a pilot slot. "Pilot slot" is a general term and it covers everything from UAVs to large cargo jets, bombers, and fighters; if you are offered one and accept it, you will be a pilot. Engineering majors tend to go into development, logistics, or acquisition roles if they do not (or choose not to) become pilots.

Uniform is worn at official ROTC events and Leadership Laboratory (LLAB). There will be a document published each week that details the events of said week, and the Uniform of the Day (UOD) for the events. PT is pretty light compared to other ROTC branches. That said, it means more personal responsibility and discipline to maintain and improve on your fitness, rather than stagnating. Emphasis will always be placed in academics first. It is not too much work on top of a major, but a lot of it is important and should be committed to memory. There is time provided outside of official instruction hours to socialize with fellow cadets, and cadets are encouraged to attend socializing picnics and events hosted by the detachment.

Let me know if anything is unclear, or if you have any questions!
>>
>>31633330
cont

So heres an example of the people ive met.

One dude raped a chick while in, and his investigation took 2 years. During that time he did meth on the reg, and our company wouldnt report it because "hes already under investigation for something worse"

I had a naty guard roomate while at DLI that wouldnt shower or wear deoderant. And would break curfew every night to stay at his fat 16 year old GF and now wife, because he knocked her up week 2 of him being there. He met her day 2 at the mall. We had bed checks every night because of him, and everynight they asked where he was, and I would answer "at his 16 year old girlfriends house 45 minutes away in the next town." They actually tried to get me and another roomate in trouble because the shit bag wouldnt clean and leave his shit everywhere, but we went up to the PSG and he told us to toss his shit, which we did. The dude never got in trouble beyond area beautification details every morning. And when I brought it up to the PSG on why he isnt getting punished, they said its his naty guards units responsibility and they were sending him back anyway since he was failing trainings and pt. When he was finally being sent back, I asked if they told his unit about him being a shitbag, and they said no it wasnt their problem anymore. That was one of the days i sort of realized how much the army doesnt care about shit.

Another guy I knew was a squared away quiet dude. He was stuck on base waiting for a TS clearance to move on to his next duty station. When we finally contacted OPM about why its taking so long, turns out dude had a wanted poster for rape in his state. Investigator didnt know what to do about it since he was the one who signed off for the guy to have an interim SCI(sort of a temporary TS while you wait for a real one). Guy had to spend a year to wiggle his way into staying in the army and not going to prison.

More stories to cont.
>>
>>31633790
>Youre telling me you have no regrets not being able to do cool mil shit being out now? I got to do cool intel shit, but never any tactical type stuff. Now that im into guns, I now have to attend courses to learn shit I could have in the mil. Im not talking operator type shit, im talking movements through environments, ranging, tracking, etc. It just would have been cool to blow shit up, and rappel from helicopters or static line jump.

I have a cushy civilian job now, and all my limbs and joints still work great. If I want to do that stuff, you can do most of it recreationally (flying, skydiving, shooting) if you have the cash.

Absolutely zero regrets about staying as far away from tacticool dumbfuckery as possible during my time in service.
>>
>>31633816
It was an enlistment bonus offered. If it wasnt in your contract you wouldnt have it.

Heres an excerpt from http://www.military.com/education/gi-bill/the-gi-bill-kicker.html which is the first thing that pops up when you google gi bill kicker.

>The GI Bill Kicker -- also known as the Army, Navy, or Marine Corps College Funds -- is offered by the DoD through each service branch as part of an enlistment or reenlistment contract, or for other reasons they determine. The College Fund is an additional amount of money that increases an individual's basic monthly benefit and is included in his or her monthly GI Bill payment from the VA.

>These kickers can increase your monthly GI Bill payment rate by as much as $950 a month. This means that you can actually boost your regular GI Bill benefit value. The amount you receive is determined by a number of factors including when you enlisted, the length of your enlistment contract, the service you joined, the job you chose and where you chose to serve.
>>
File: f18reddevil_20080322.jpg (497KB, 2000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
f18reddevil_20080322.jpg
497KB, 2000x1333px
Out of curiosity, why does Marine aviation have a bad rep? Saw somebody mention that in the last thread.

Going to enlist before I'm through with college and I'll finish it up while in the service. I want to commission into aviation once I've got the degree and figured I might as well run around with a gun during my enlisted stint just to say that I did.

Marines seemed like a good way to do that, since many of their infantry units don't have (quite as) crazy selective pipelines like SEALs or PJs, but if Marine aviation is a bad way to go I might need to re-plan things.
>>
>>31633815
Jerk it the night before and etch the feeling of cumming into your mind
>>
>>31633967
It is mostly because their planes are "remodeled", but at the core are rather old, like the Super Hornet. They have fantastic pilots and they're a good group, but apart from acquiring F-35Cs I don't believe the USMC has looked for new aircraft, or even allocated enough budget to do so. There's only so much remodeling and maintainence your can do before the equipment can't take it anymore.
>>
>>31633920
I can understand where youre coming from. But not all people come out with that mindset. I didnt.

You were lucky that you were able to work on school while in, I wasnt. I got stuck in shit units that didnt allow it. Im not saying I didnt like my job, I loved it. I was able to work on shit most civs wouldnt understand. But now that im out after working that sedentary job. Im more physically active and more involved in my hobbies. And i am aware now that I missed out on the chance to do some mil only shit. My career pathway now, has nothing to do with mil stuff, so I will never get the chance to learn and experience that kind of stuff. So i am stuck having to teach myself alot of the things only mil can teach.
>>
>>31633967
The biggest issues are budget and leadership.
(but this is both in Navy and Marine Aviation)

Budgets are so thin that junior aviators are hurting for flight time. A lot of guys aren't breaking double digits per month if they're not deployed or working-up to a deployment.
Leadership is a huge issue because JOs are getting slapped seven ways past Sunday for relatively minor infractions. Aviators losing their wings or even commission for a DUI is killing careers for officers with potential. Other JOs see this and bail out as soon as their initial commitment is up for the airlines or something else.

Thats the thing about esprit de corps
If you got no esprit, you've got no corps.
>>
>>31633947
What the fucking fuck. I have seriously never heard of this until right now. So is your BAH through the fucking roof???
>>
>Trumpenreich

Stop that shit. Trump said he LOVES Israel. He is not a friend of the white man and anyone who thinks he is is playing right into the Jewish plan for the total destruction of the United States of America and the white race.

>inb4 "that goes against what I think, must be /pol/!!!"
>>
>>31633270
Not necessarily, they just hold their soldiers to a higher standard than big army. It's stupid to compare who shoots better than who. There's no pissing match between any of them, and they operate with different missions.
>>
File: 1465870487499.png (67KB, 350x407px) Image search: [Google]
1465870487499.png
67KB, 350x407px
>>31634146
>Implying Jews are not super-whites

Think about it.

>Whites have big noses
>Jews have really big noses

>Whites are more intelligent than niggers
>Jews are more intelligent than whites

>Whites fuck with the rest of the world for profit and pleasure
>Jews fuck with the whites for profit and pleasure

Hitler was just assmad that the whitey was getting blown the fuck out at his own game.
>>
>>31633835
>GPA, AFOQT, and cadre opinion
>Emphasis will always be placed in academics first.
I'm going to work my ass off for this.

>Engineering majors tend to go into development, logistics, or acquisition roles if they do not (or choose not to) become pilots.
What is acquisition? Civilian contract? Are slots plentiful? 62EXF - Flight Test Engineer caught my attention.

>There is time provided outside of official instruction hours to socialize with fellow cadets, and cadets are encouraged to attend socializing picnics and events hosted by the detachment.
No need to join a frat at my new uni I guess. Can't wait to hang with my future cadet buddies!

===============================================

Another question: what security clearance is required of me?

I don't have a criminal record, nothing medical, just some shady things.

I can for sure pass a Secret clearance but I'm kind of scared of a TS.

I will tell my recruiter this beforehand though:
One parent is a legal resident (not a naturalized citizen yet - shit I think this may disqualify me for TS already), admit to underage drinking (if they ask), admit to experimenting with weed.
>>
>>31634179
>It's stupid to compare who shoots better than who. There's no pissing match between any of them, and they operate with different missions.
Well i agree but you said in the last thread when asked whos best hands down it was batt.
>>
>>31633920
>I have a cushy civilian job now, and all my limbs and joints still work great. If I want to do that stuff, you can do most of it recreationally (flying, skydiving, shooting) if you have the cash.
>Absolutely zero regrets about staying as far away from tacticool dumbfuckery as possible during my time in service.

You honestly sound like a bitch

I regret not getting the full military experience. I had all in front of me and I chose not to. Don't even mention recreational stuff, that shit doesn't compare to the feeling of military.

Also, any military personnel can have a comfortable civilian job after service, anybody can go to college nowadays as long as you stick to it.
>>
File: nightCrawler.gif (3MB, 415x250px) Image search: [Google]
nightCrawler.gif
3MB, 415x250px
>>31634190
>>
>>31634258
For the whole package, yeah...Ranger Batt is as good as it gets to getting away from big army's avg joe without going SF.
>>
Is being a naval aviator as fucking awesome as it looks?
>>
>>31633967

This is a convoluted plan and retarded. If you want to fly fixed wing, go to ROTC or an academy right now, do not drop out of college and enlist.

If you just want to fly ASAP, look into Army WOFT.
>>
>>31633913
Cont

Heres a memorable story of a couple of good soldiers.

There was this Maj who was the S3 oic, real good dude to talk with. Was prior enlisted 18D, and now an 48 series, just doing his rounds for the unit at the time since he was waiting for his TS to clear. In that same office was also a Cpt who was sort of a protege to that Maj, they were real good buddies. Now, one day this Maj gets accused of raping a civ female. He is adamant its all a lie, and of course fights it. Over the course of the investigation, which is about 8 months in at the time, no one in the unit is having his back or believing him. They are all assuming the female civ is correct. Because no one in the unit has his back, his wife starts to doubt him, and moves herself and the kids away. Maj is getting depressed and shit, but luckily the Cpt still has his back and is the only one that believes him. 3 months later, the female accuser, admits that she lied the whole time and never actually met the Maj, she just wanted to make money off of him from a settlement, she admits this because the process was taking too long, and she found out the Maj didnt have money(she thought all 04 and above made bank). Maj becomes clear of all charges, and the unit doesnt even give him so much as an apology. He puts in his retirement, and the Cpt resigns his commission. I kept in touch with the Cpt, and a few years later I talked with the Maj, and he explained to me that the reason him and the Cpt left were because they could no longer live in an army that no longer had respect or loyalty for their peers. The Maj now teaches as a chem professor, and the Cpt works for state.
>>
>>31634190
found the JIDF poster
>>
>>31634224
If your underage drinking was not an issue (doesn't interfere with daily life, kept private, no legal altercations), then there is no real reason to say it. Do not lie; if followed up, admit to having drank. If they ask if you've EVER drank, be honest. It's the best policy.

Stop using marijuana, because the federal government does not recognize it as a recreational drug. If it is in the past, admit that it was a while ago, and also let them know you stopped. There will be drug tests, at random, for everyone. Again, honesty is the best policy, and shows you have integrity and self-discipline.

Acquisitions is basically buying stuff for the Air Force, quality testing products that the Air Force has sourced from private companies, and the like.

Unfortunately I do not know off the top of my head about slots for 62EXF or acquisitions. Security clearance requirements are based on your job. You will have to ask cadre about that, I did not pursue higher security clearance as I aimed to work in medicine.

Again, please let me know if you have more questions or if I was unclear. I will be signing off for the night, but will check/answer at about 0600 PST, and periodically throughout the day. Best of luck!
>>
>>31634263

>The feeling of the military

Sounds like someone has never been to NTC. Everyone thinks they're a big dick that wants to go innadesert until they get there, then they're wishing they were back in the office.
>>
>>31634332
>"that goes against what I think, must be JIDF!!!"

w e w
>>
>>31634134
I make 3900$ a month from BAH in my area (san fran), plus 500$ from vocrehab when I go to school.

I bought a house when i got out with the VA loan, which I rent out and live in. Renters cover the mortgage, utilities, and property tax, and I profit 200$ a month from them. I have a pretty good set up while I am going to school. When I do finally get my degree, Ill probably end up moving to VA for work since thats where everything seems to be.

Most of my money goes to traveling and hobbies. I am still a resident of NV, so when I need guns i drive to reno.

FYI if you got out within 3 years of 2013(i think), you only have to pay in state tuition for any college. Thats one of the reasons why i havnt switched state residency. California gives the most BAH in the country. Cost of living isnt even that high. Avg rent is about 800-900 for a decent 1 bdr apt in most places outside the major cities. My situation is a bit different since I decided to buy a house. I rent out 2 rooms for 1500 each, and the third room is mine. I made sure to rent out to nurses, since both work night shifts. I am out and about most of the day, so this set up lets me have nights alone.
>>
>>31634332
u mad white goi?
>>
>>31634323
Cont

Story about a good soldier that made best of his situation.

There was this PFC 35F that injured his back during his first month at his first unit. He was at a training, and this female knocked him off a 2 story building when she decided to not take her ruck off when she reached the roof, and knocked him over the edge. He landed on the ground and was fine at first glance. Being the hooah new shit he was, he didnt go to medical or anything because he felt fine, and most of you guys know the mindset and stigma about going to medical. A few days later he had to take a record pt test and on the run, he fell on the ground. He complained about not feeling his right leg and his back hurting. The NCO proctoring his test told him to keep running since he had only 2 laps left. Kid limped the 2 laps and failed with a 18 minute 2 mile. He had a 220 overall score. The 1sg wouldnt let him go to sickcall since it was 20 minutes past our companies timeline for sick call. So he made the kid go straight to work and make an appointment. Kid being new and hooah of course didnt know better and followed orders. He was able to get an appointment the next week. When he went to medical the first time, the PA gave him motrin, and said come back in a month. Since kid failed record pt test, he had to attend special pops in addition to regular pt. He of course did both pt sessions without question and the motrin helped him with the back pain, and his leg felt fine. After a week of double pt sessions, he started to lose feeling to leg, but still had function, and motrin no longer worked. He sees his PA again and she tells him to strengthen core with more sit ups. He follows what medical says with the addition of the 2 pt sessions a day, and after 2 weeks, he loses some function to his leg. Another month goes by and he sees medical again, only this time they give him a walking profile and physical therapy for leg muscle pain(IT bands or something).

Cont
>>
>>31634642
cont

After first session, therapist says PA is wrong and that its a lower spine issue, herniated discs, sciatica etc... Calls his PA and tells her she is wrong and that he needs a proper diagnosis. PA blows off the PAs concerns and says soldier is faking it. After 6 months of following orders from medical and command, soldier finally understands no one is there to help him, so he writes a 4 page essay and dumps it in the comment box at the clinic. Patient care advocate sees this, and soldier tells him the issue, and that after 6 months he still hasnt been diagnosed for his injury, and that not even an xray or mri has been taken. PCA assigns soldier an actual doctor, and former PA gets fired. Soldier gets xray same day he talks to PCA and they say hes clear, but they still need to do an mri. MRI takes another month to schedule. Soldier is still doing 2 pt sessions, no run, no sit ups, but modified everything else. While this is happening, soldier has been working in a small S2 office with him and a civilian OIC only. So he is essentially filling an E5 slot, and doing the equivalent work and responsibilities. Soldier does MRI, finds out he has 6 herniated discs in upper and lower spine. Month 9, soldier has lost all feeling to right leg and is falling down barracks steps. Medical lets him see a neurosurgeon, located 4 hours away at nearest military hospital. Over the course of 3 months, soldier decides to undergo surgery. Soldiers status with unit is amazing. He is made the official NCOIC of the S2 shop and undertakes all the tasks and responsibilities of that shop. Receives multiple CoA and an AAM for all his dedication and hard work. He is still a PFC because he cannot be promoted due to PT failure flag. He is known to unit as being the most reliable soldier, always early, squared away uniforms, knows his soldier skills, and is his companies RTO for trainings, barracks leader, and is trained and certified as the BN/company driver.

Cont
>>
File: 1444159066083.jpg (550KB, 2194x1686px) Image search: [Google]
1444159066083.jpg
550KB, 2194x1686px
>>31634332
>>>/pol/
>>
>>31634720
Cont

Soldier goes for spinal surgery, comes back a month later from con leave, and is returned back to work, while also doing physical therapy for 5 months. 6 months pass, and company requests soldier to become their supply sgt, until they get a new one. The current supply sgt goes under investigation for grand larceny after using the company credit card to buy plane tickets for vacations. Soldier is forced into this position because he is the only trustworthy soldier in the company. Every NCO to include the PSG's were under investigation or psych issues. This PFC worked as the supply sgt for the company for 6 months, while also working as the S2 ncoic in a minor capacity(he had a temp casual do most of the admin work, and he double checked her work after CoB). During the 6 months, that company experienced a change of command, and he handled the corresponding duties involved. Since this was a small company, he was the only one working the supply room, and was granted 1 or 2 casuals if they could be spared. During the inventory layout, his fuckwad XO had him cancel and redo 4 layouts because the PFC either couldnt make the deadline due to having to layout the inventory by himself, or not knowing the XOs particular idea for the layout. Remember that this PFC is a 35F, and had to teach himself how to be a 92Y in a short period of time. Learning how to handle the property books, the order system, logsa, MFRs, govt credit cards, vehicle requests, etc. By the time the change of command inspections ended, this PFC had all the books squared away, the companies finances in the green, and no complaints from the S4 or S2 for his work and ethic. He also re injured his back from the constant bending he did from his solo inventory layouts of LBEs, IOTVs, and FLC kits.

Cont
>>
>>31634795
cont

When soldier complained about back injury to his 1sg, he explained everything, about all he had done, the xo, and his re injury. When 1sg asked why he didnt complain earlier. PFC told him that, he always follows orders and completes any tasks ordered to his full capabilities, and that he never did anything outside his limitations. 1sg and new commander asked pfc what he wanted to do, and PFC said he would like to pursue a medboard, and that he would be better off in the S2, now that the critical supply tasks were taken over. They let him go back to S2, and later on they approved his medboard. His medboard took a year and a half. And after 4.5 years TIS, the PFC was medically retired from the army, and left with 2 aam, 1 gcm, 1 ovsm, and a driver badge. He held E5 slots in an S2 shop and supply shop. He did not deploy, and he never was promoted past E3. Yet he was one of the most dedicated and responsible soldiers I had ever met. His OIC actually tried to hire him as a full time employee as he was leaving, but he declined because he too many bad memories there. Hes now working for the navy as a GS-9 in personnel security.
>>
>>31634288
>without going SF
Oh so you were excluding SF from your assessment?
>>
File: 1475931332790.jpg (401KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
1475931332790.jpg
401KB, 1080x1920px
>>31634410
>I make 3900$ a month from BAH in my area (san fran)
JESUS FUCKING CHRIST

>plus 500$ from vocrehab
Whats that?

>Ill probably end up moving to VA for work since thats where everything seems to be.
VA? Virginia? What work is there in Virginia?

>you only have to pay in state tuition for any college
Interesting but i attend school in my state of residency anyway

Overall it sounds like you have a fucking amazing setup going on. Cheers to you brother.
>>
>>31635031
vocational rehab, its a program vets can use to get extra funding for school supplies and such. Or if you need help finding a job. They pay out between 3-500 depending on the area.

VA because, I want to work for OPM as an investigator, because
>starting pay is about 55k a year
>you work your own hours
>travel and food expenses
>get to deny shit heads from getting security clearances

Every entry level OPM job is mostly in VA, I see jobs pop up every month there compared to any other state which is every 6 months, if anything at all.

All thats required to get it is a bachelors degree if going entry, and mid level salary range is bachelors plus 3 years.

My 5 year plan is to work as that for 3, then switch to CIA as an MDSO, or if that doesnt happen, can work a GS 9 or 11 position in personnel security somewhere nice like santa monica, or oahu. Or go private sector and make bank for CACI, or some aerospace firm who needs contractors in kuwait or gitmo. Lots of options. Just need a degree first
>>
>>31635091
cont

sorry, VA=Virginia
>>
>>31635031
>>31635091

Not just OPM, pretty much the entire government works out of MD/VA/DC, that is where all the contracts/GS positions are.

Usually if you hear someone crying that they can't break into federal work or get a cushy contract gig, it is because they're unwilling to move near the capitol.
>>
>>31635375
True dat

I have a buddy who refuses to move from hampton, VA even though he wants to work for an alphabet agency. Hes working a shitty engineering job with decent pay, while he waits for an opening at either langley afb, yorktown nws, or ft eustace.

So fucking stupid. If you want dream job you gotta move.

Id kill to get a job at coronado, but they dont hire my job area unless you have 7 years exp and a degree. So i plan to move wherever i can get hired to get those 2-3 years.
>>
>>31634146
You have to be 18 to post here
>>
>>31635375
I know a guy who turned down an overseas contract for 80K and 8 months in kuwait(office job), because he didnt want to leave his dog with his parents WHOM HE LIVED WITH. I was like, dude, your dog is used to your parents, its not like youre giving it up to strangers. And he tells me, the dog has anxiety and cant go more than 12 hours without seeing the guy. I was like, jesus christ youre a faggot.

Reminds me of an army buddy, who cant travel anywhere without his wife, who wont leave their hometown, because she doesnt want to board their dog. He actually had to give up a free trip to japan for him and his wife because of the dog.

NEVER GET MARRIED OR HAVE CHILDREN OR HAVE PETS before doing all the shit youve always wanted to do. Once youre tied down to something youre dreams are crushed. No more travel, no more money, no more freedom.
>>
deployed 11b will answer questions
>>
>>31631700

If I take, say, an enlisted contract can I still go into ROTC?
>>
I did a routine run yesterday and today my left knee makes an audible snapping noise if when running or squatting. It doesn't hurt and there's no inflammation or anything. Though this morning there were some sharp pains that pulsated for a little while every few minutes but I thought nothing of it. What alarmed me is the sound.

Wat do
>>
File: tumblr_nyp2w3esF61ro7rpno1_1280.jpg (29KB, 640x519px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nyp2w3esF61ro7rpno1_1280.jpg
29KB, 640x519px
can you lose your post 9/11 GI Bill if you stop showing up to Battle Assembly weekends?
>>
Is anyone here joining AF for CCT?
>>
>>31638247

I'm going to enlist in the reserves as sigint, try to transfer to AFOSI while a reservist, then go STO when I finish my degree.

So... kinda. But I'll be right there with you physically training for it.
>>
>>31637787
After you finish the contract you can. But at that point you might as well apply for academy once youre one year in.
>>
>>31638298

Ah. Well I'd be in as a reservist, so I may as well just go OTS after finishing my degree then.

Followup: if I still have, say, 2 years on my enlisted contract could I still bootstrap before it's up or do I have to wait?
>>
>>31638288
I guess the pool is where the most people washout.
I'm moving to a different city in a month that has an Olympic sized pool with free membership open year round.
I'm going to swim my tits off man.
The CCTs I've talked to simplified it for me and just said to train like I'm training for a triathlon (biking, swimming, running) and do your calisthenics (pullup, pushup, situps and even dips).
I'm going to throw a little bit of weights in like I've been doing.
Shit like deadlifts, farmers walks, OHP

After talking to actual, active CCTs I'm much more confident in myself and it doesn't seem like that impossible goal anymore.
>>
>>31638314
Idk what bootstrap means. But if you want to reclass or attend an extra school and such you usually have to extend your contract to have at least 3 years
>>
Army recruiter here

11B, currently stuck considering suicide daily in a recruiting office.

Before this I worked as an instructor at airborne and pathfinder school. Happy to answer any questions you guys have instead of trying to talk to librul college students.
>>
>>31638412
Haha. Former 0311.

You obviously reenlisted to get stuck with being a recruiter billet. I guess you're low on your quota.
>>
>>31638412
I once saw a recruiter sleeping at the liaison's office in MEPS. I can imagine shit ain't easy. Are you guys dealing with the OPAT tests now?
>>
File: fugg.png (4MB, 1259x1819px) Image search: [Google]
fugg.png
4MB, 1259x1819px
As an officer, will I be seeing a lot of liberals?
>>
>>31638412
how do I avoid the situation you're in.
>>
>>31638457
An officer is a government issued liberal.

My platoon CO degenerate captain almost got a man killed, and deprived me of killing a hadji sniper because ROE's.
>>
>>31637787
Yes, after your enlisted conyract you can join ROTC provided you are a full-time undergraduate student at a university with an ROTC program or a cross-town agreement.
>>
>>31638485
So is it just not worth it?
>>
I might be getting a greencard in 2018 and I'd like to see what my options are in the US military when I head over. By then I'll be 27, with a degree and a slightly dodgy right knee. Am I past the point of any form of military occupation by then?
>>
>>31638436
My most recent re enlistment was for unit stabilization and I was happy then one day I got the "congrats fuck face your are going to the army recruiter course". Should have got out when the getting was good.

>>31638444

We are doing the OPAT but have been issued a hold on its implementation. So we do them but the results aren't being used to renegotiate contracts. The OPAT is a stupid assessment that proves nothing. The only positive is when I want to do dead lifts I don't have to drive all the way to the gym to use a bar.

>>31638461
If you are already an E6 volunteer for drill. That's a good side step but HQDA can still snatch you up for recruiting after you do drill time.

If you aren't in don't worry about that right now.
>>
>>31638485
As a Sander's supporting "librul" am i going to have to put up with a lot of conservative fags talking shit out of nowhere when nobody brought up political allegience? I suppose that it's not much different than /k/ then
>>
how long does it take for the application to be processed?

any good ways to prepare for the fitness test?
>>
>>31638543
You got thick skin? You get upset when people are throwing around Bantz? If you are a good dude who does work and aren't afraid to stick up for yourself you'll be fine. Speaking from the Army side of the house, the vast majority of dudes are pretty conservative.
>>
>>31638509
Not necessarily. The fact you are asking me on 4chan makes me wonder. But the internet wasn't as accessible in my day.

There is a shit ton of lazy and stupid officers. So they went to college, I was a grunt and used my GI Bill, big fucking woop.

But there were officers who were bad ass mother fuckers. My company CO captain Bartles should be the commandant of the Marine Corps. He was a genuine leader. Wasn't afraid to get dirty, but knew how to delegate. He is also the only officer I've seen rip another officer a new asshole.

Our butter bar LT didn't bring a map to a training exercise and he flipped.
>You fucking idiot! You better figure it out and lead your platoon before I lead it for you!
>>
>>31638588
I think i have pretty thick skin, hell I grew up hicktown Ohio surrounded by conservative ideas so i'm pretty used to it. I just wanted to fire back at that line of comments ha. I appreciate the real response
>>
>>31638543
How can you still support Sanders after he ended up endorsing Killary despite all the huge support he got from small donors?

Also, are you gonna write him in?
>>
>>31638522
Nope your good to go. Dont tell them about the knee issue unless its cosmetically visible.
>>
>>31638627
Yeah man you good. Honestly if you are a good dude you'll be treated as such. if you act like an asshole regardless of where you are on the political spectrum you'll get treated like an asshole.
>>
>>31638666
Satan Trips of truthiness.
>>
>>31632513
Good advice. Youll probably have 29 kids all named Jerome if you don't tie up your camel.
>>
>>31638664
Thanks. Its a tiny scar. What branch of the military has the least physical training? Im physically fit, do exercise a lot but I'd be afraid my knee might go in the middle of basic
>>
>>31638666
Sounds good to me.

>>31638662
I honestly have no idea what i'm doing this election. Trump is insane, and the DNC committed election fraud for Hillary. Sooo yea, i have no idea. Probably going to write in Sanders and waste my vote
>>
>>31638114

As in you're a reservist and stop showing up? Yeah, they will yank your bennies.
>>
>>31639029
God dammit.
>>
Fresh outta OSUT, ama
>>
>>31639060
I'm assuming infantry, right?

1. How in shape were you before you got there?

2. How long did reception/in-processing take?

3. What would you wish you would've known before getting there?

4. Where's your first duty station?
>>
>>31639060
Where are you going after this? Or are you the same fag from earlier in the thread at 3rd ID
>>
How difficult is it to fly fixed wing through NROTC?
>>
>>31638792
Someone needs a molymeme
https://youtu.be/AObPmpkkKL4
>>
>>31639184
Navy pilot slots are intensely competitive, but like AFROTC, if you want one, all you have to do is keep your GPA up, get a good score on the Navy equivalent of AFOQT, and make a good impression on cadre, and it is likely you will be selected for one. It is almost all dependent on where you rank nationally compared to your peers.
>>
>>31632400
Don't get your hopes especially if you are e1 - e3. You'll most likely share a room with 2 more guys.
>>
Do enlisted AFOSI/NCIS/CID do the same stuff as officers? Or do you only get to do the cool stuff as an officer?
>>
>>31639959

CID in the Army is all enlisted/warrants doing actual investigations. Officers just manage, like most job fields.

Can't speak to NCIS though.
>>
>>31638742
Navy then army then air force then marines in terms of least physical effort to most.

Some may say airforce is easiest, physically its not, but its boot camp is easiest. Airforce has civilian fitness instructors so they are super strict on form. So with a bad knee you might be forced to do positions that may aggrivate injury. Army and navy focus less on form.
>>
>>31639411
So work hard and be determined. Sounds simple enough
>>
>>31638792
Sanders endoresed hillary. That means that a write-in for sanders goes from his camp, which no longer exists, to hillary.

Baka.
>>
>>31640052
Yes. It also means more participation in AFROTC events outside of regular PT and LLAB, since more exposure to cadre means that they will have a better impression of you.

If you go above and beyond, and do it all with excellence, you will succeed in AFROTC.
>>
>>31638522
The cut off for some pretty turbo assignments is about 33. You should be good
>>
>>31640017

Is it more stuff that would be considered important or more "petty drug case #367"?
>>
>>31640716

Yes to both.

CID handles a huge range of stuff from trying to find out who is dealing coke in the barracks to working with federal agencies.
>>
>>31640900

Damn. What if you come in with good foreign language skills/cyber training? Would that get you more of the former than the latter?
>>
>>31640917

That isn't how CID works.

If you have language/cyber skills and want to do federal law enforcement then just apply to federal law enforcement. You don't need to join the military.
>>
>>31640917
Cid only takes you if you have a crim justice degree. Look at the ncis website and airforce one, they hire direct from civ. Also obvious look at fbi. Earlier this year they opened special agent slots. They might still be open
>>
>>31641090

I consider military service honorable and my primary desire is to dabble in counterintelligence on the enlisted end before finishing my degree.

>>31641176

That might only be for the civilian end, everything else I've read says directly that CID, NCIS, and AFOSI doesn't require a crim justice degree.
>>
Thinking about ROTC in the army for Cav, anyone have experience with the Cavalry?
>>
>>31641214
Slots for ROTC are determined in your final year - actual training in your job begins after you commission. Work hard and perform well to get a cavalry slot. Good luck!

Unfortunately, I'm at a loss when it comes to describing daily life in cavalry, post-commissioning. Hopefully another anon can answer that.
>>
>>31641194

>
I consider military service honorable and my primary desire is to dabble in counterintelligence on the enlisted end before finishing my degree.

If you want to do CI, why the fuck are you looking at CID instead of CI?
>>
>>31641378

My understanding is that 35L is under CID just as 7S0x1 is under AFOSI.
>>
>>31641393

The CID MOS is 31D, it is a separate field from CI, which is 35L.

CI would not be doing drug investigations, since that isn't counterintel.
>>
>>31641514

Recruiter told me that 35L fell under CID, glad to know it's distinct. AFOSI seems to tie them together under the same field though, but the Air Force tend to lump a lot of stuff together and then specialize or generalize soldiers within their career field as needed so that's to be expected.
>>
>>31638334
How the fuck do you know actual CCTs? They're like unicorns... (I'm not enlisted but there sure as hell never been a CCT on /meg/)

Have you read pic related? I'm thinking about picking it up, not many books out there about combat controllers unfortunately.
>>
>>31641536
The only way to get 35L is to already be in the army for 2 years and reclass to it.

For 31d you need a degree in crim justice, or enlist as an MP and apply when youre an E5.
>>
Question: if you're a major dick on the internet, but not doing anything illegal at the federal or state level, and have a totally clean record are you good for TS clearance & SSBI?
>>
File: 1467755344411.png (527KB, 494x594px) Image search: [Google]
1467755344411.png
527KB, 494x594px
You guys know you are just fighting for a kike funded war, right? You're being controlled.
>>
>>31642048
This happens at least once a thread. Nobody cares, you're bait is bad, yada yada
>>
File: 1473814776934.jpg (143KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1473814776934.jpg
143KB, 900x1200px
>>31642048
Say that to my face fucker, if you can reach me with your lardass.
>>
>>31642048
What is wrong with /pol/tards? Seriously. Yes, white people are being breeded out by negros and spics and muslims and shit, but if you care so much why don't you work to make a family? Why not do things, like me, where you speak to others about getting rid of diversity programs? Why not understand that someone doesn't have super magical powers cause they are a Jew, and it is due to family and culture that causes them to rise. You're probably one of those people who think some smelly "white" slavs in Russia are the pure aryans and savior of the white race while they flood their own country with chinks and muslims, and their economy being absolutely terrible. If you want to save the white race how about you start fixing your country and stop these niggers from breeding, and maybe then you can finally stop worrying about Tyrone knocking on your door. The elite is not made up of super magical Jews, and Russia isn't the savior of the white race that is being held back by the evil demons.
You fuckers make me mad.
>>
>>31642174
He's not from /pol/. Literally all he wants was that reaction, and now that you've validated him he'll come back and do it again

Think before you type turbo autist
>>
File: IMG_9307.jpg (3MB, 4272x2848px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9307.jpg
3MB, 4272x2848px
I gave all my information to an Air Force recruiter a week ago, we exchange a few e-mails and he hasn't contacted me at all. Is this normal?
>>
>>31638007
Just run it off, it'll be absolutely fine
>>
>>31642399
Air force recruiters are notorious for flaking. I know a bunch of army guys that wanted to go AF but couldnt deal with the long wait and flaking. Some waited 3 months
>>
Is it true 11B's don't get stationed in Japan?

Are my weeb dreams broken?
>>
>>31643046
Closest you will get is Korea, and from what I've heard from the guys that came from there before, it's not worth the booze and hookers.

Hope for Germany, but you'll probably get stuck somewhere else.
>>
>>31643081
To be honest I don't care about booze or hookers. Is it true you get Korea if you write it anywhere on the dream sheet?

And yes my top choice is Europe, but I've read you're less likely to score getting stationed in Europe compared tl Korea.
>>
i wonder how many of you goys will die in some war if shillary gets elected
>>
>>31643145
the plural of goy is goyim, retard
>>
File: doggu finds a baby jew.webm (905KB, 352x288px) Image search: [Google]
doggu finds a baby jew.webm
905KB, 352x288px
>>31643171
>>
>>31641739

I met a pararescueman once before I knew what pararescue was. It was surreal.

>>31641743

I could do the 35L thing or just go AF then.
>>
>>31643258
>I met a pararescueman once before I knew what pararescue was. It was surreal.
Story?
>>
>>31643322

>walking in the rain on the bike trail near college
>being an autist I'm walking through a storm just because (it's actually OCD and a compulsive ritual)
>guy is coming the other way
>being not insane, he is clearly worried about the lightning crackling over us
>looks at me wandering through in my OCD-tism
>laughs
>we spark up a conversation under a tree
>both going to the same college
>notice that he has a beer he has already cracked open on the way home
>mentions that he is a pararescueman
>mentions that he's trying to be a doctor but that it's rough
>I chime in "Hey now, you've done battlefield EMT stuff, so you've done medical procedures under conditions that no doctors have ever had to operate under and come out fine, you can do it!"
>I had zero idea just how right I was because I only vaguely inferred what AF Pararescue was
>He laughs
>Lightning cracks right on top of us
>He jumps, I don't because OCD-tism, too caught up in the ritual
>Asks "What are you afraid of?"
>I respond with confusion
>"An airforce pararescueman just asked what you are afraid of man."
>"Ummm" -cue semi-autistic non-answer-
>We part ways joking
>In retrospect I'm awed to have been in the presence of a demigod among men
>He probably still thinks I'm some fearless wanderer and not just some mentally ill weirdo not phased by the situation due to my neurosis
>>
>>31642746
Are you meming or is it nothing to worry about?
>>
Taking the asvab on thursday currently preparing, can you use a calculator on the test or no
>>
>>31643459

lolno
>>
>>31643454
Disregard that info, check with a minor medical center before further training. Better safe than sorry. I doubt its anything but if it is then its something you should take seriously.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-08-22-14-04-29.png (528KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-08-22-14-04-29.png
528KB, 720x1280px
Question for any Security Forces

Aside from Greenland and Korea, are there any other one year remote tours with a base of preference follow on?
>>
>>31643551
>Aside from Greenland
Why is that considered shitty?
>>
>>31643500
Thats what i thought, im prepared to work it all out in my head but I still want to ask do you get paper to work out mathematical questions or no. Im a college junior who is joining the army to learn a technical skill as i dont believe my degree will help me anymore
>>
>>31643583

You get paper and pencil to work it out.
>>
>>31643407
You weren't kidding. That does sound surreal.

It's a sign, become a PJ.

>What are you afraid of?
>>
>>31643610

I'm shooting for STO after doing a bit as enlisted in intel, which is pretty similar but on the officer side.
>>
>>31643594
Thank you, in those 9 words you gave me more info than any other unqualified idiot on this board has given me in the past month.
>>
>>31643046
Yup sorry bruh go be a weeb somewhere else
>>
>>31643407

>so much sperging that he impressed an ex-sof badass by total accident

You truly are an irl Forrest Gump anon.
>>
Howdy /k/, I just signed up to be an HM (corpsman) in the Navy. Not sure what I'll end up doing, don't want to be a dentist or psychiatrist, FMF field medic would be ideal, or at least somewhere comfy overseas. Regardless, what am I in for?
>>
>>31630394
I have the option to go to college or join the Air Force. Which should I choose?

I kind of want to go to college for two years and get a degree, then maybe joining. I don't want to sign away my youth and I could have a very good life living with my dad. Sure, he may be a bit poor, but I'd rather be there than with my mom. But what should I do? I have no job experience, and with the Air Force, I could be trained for my potentially dream rate and career.

Also, is the shortest contract really four years?

I'm going to MEPS on Thursday. Any input would be useful.
>>
Is it true units will decide what role to assign to a person based on their size? Like giving the biggest guy the biggest gun etc?
>>
If I enlist as a ranger and then do OCS after will I become an officer in the rangers or will I more likely go into "needs of the army".

Furthermore, how hard is it to get a slot in sniper school as an 11x opt40
>>
File: 1464789878308.jpg (387KB, 768x1583px) Image search: [Google]
1464789878308.jpg
387KB, 768x1583px
>>31644714
What you do is you make a decision and stick with it
>>
>>31644833
It depends on the needs of the platoon, with a little bit of the individual's capabilities mixed in. I'm the best 240 shot in my platoon, yet I'm a rifleman. But shit, I'm definitely not the best shot with an M4, though I'm one of the best at clearing buildings and maneuvering.

>>31644886
You would go to OCS first if you wanted the officer route. You'll get your tab after, every infantry officer gets a shot at ranger school. Their career is dead without it. Afterward you'll drop a packet for RASP.

Opt40 is only going to grant you a shot at getting into Ranger Batt, if you don't get your tab in Batt they'll probably kick you the fuck out of it. After that you'll go to big army and from that point on sniper school is up to whether or not your unit deems you worthy of going.
>>
Any Canadian milfags here? I'm in my third year of Uni and can't wait to get into Army once my degree is up. My biggest fear is that I won't be physically fit enough to pass basic.

What kind of training regiment should I start if I wanted to be fit enough for it to be easy as fuck?
>>
>>31645113
You do not need a Canadian service member to answer that question...

Look up the fitness test standards, start training yourself in them. My first APFT at Basic I scored 13 pushups heh heh, I left scoring 67. You need to PT on your own after the smoking sessions die down a liiiiitle bit. As my old CO used to say, "If you're fat then fuck you."

It won't be easy as fuck for anyone, but for some it will be less of a fucked up experience if they can carry their own weight.
>>
What are the tests like for a option 40?
What type of PT score do you need to join?
Do they test you when you go to basic? Or is it after basic but before RASP?

Also how much time do you have after basic before you go to RASP?

Any help would be appreciated.
>>
>>31645231
>What are the tests like for a option 40?
None...Opt40 is just a chance to go to Airborne School then upon graduating, RASP.

>What type of PT score do you need to join?
You need to pass the basic minimal standard to graduate from AIT with your age group, so on and so forth...

>Do they test you when you go to basic? Or is it after basic but before RASP?
What the fuck does this even mean

>Also how much time do you have after basic before you go to RASP?
You'll go to Airborne holdover where you'll wait to pick up the next airborne cycle. After you graduate I believe you go straight to RASP. A lot of guys will try to quit Opt40 after graduating Airborne so they don't go to RASP.

God, I have to fucking say it. 90% of you guys stand no chance in Ranger Batt or SF or any of your aspirations. You guys need to spend a few years in the army or off your ass in general doing something demanding and rigorous. It's a lot fucking harder than you guys imagine. Spend a few years in the army or at least get a glimpse of it before you think about this shit.
>>
>>31642399
If you aren't smart or making it clear you'll suck the dick and join whatever job they want at the time, you're shit out of luck.

>>31643046
Only support forces really get stationed there.
>>
>>31645231
You have daily PT at basic that will kick your ass if you're out of shape.

You only get an actual test at the end, though, but if you're lagging you're going to get shouldered with even more exercise and be dead on your feet the entire time.
>>
>>31642399
Go in person and be assertive or don't even fucking bother. They're not desperate for recruits like the other branches.
>>
>>31645279
Thanks for the information.
>>
>>31645284
Most of these niggers don't even head to the office. I visited two locations in a major metropolitan area only to have an army recruiter shrug at me
>>
File: 1444358395171.jpg (153KB, 1274x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1444358395171.jpg
153KB, 1274x1024px
>>31645147
>My first APFT at Basic I scored 13 pushups
This a joke?
Were you supreme skelly or supreme fat ass?
Also why didnt you prepare before?

>>31644571
>Regardless, what am I in for?
Its a good rate. 99% of your day is sorting through med records and sitting in sick call dealing with crying women. If you can go FMF or spec ops route, I def would. Or at least get a ship your first station not a hospital.
>>
Any Navy aircrew guys here?
>>
File: Forest.png (52KB, 1316x632px) Image search: [Google]
Forest.png
52KB, 1316x632px
>>31644118
made ya a screen cap.
>>
File: 1430237289842.jpg (17KB, 240x320px) Image search: [Google]
1430237289842.jpg
17KB, 240x320px
>>31643258
>>31643322
>>31643407
>>31644118
>>31645831
You guys are complete faggots and that story was lame.
>>
>>31644905
Deferring to the advice of others is the decision I've made.

Your advice is fucking shit, by the way.
>>
>>31645676
I was a powerlifter, not fat not skinny, just in that middle ground. I never really did bodyweight shit. I still hate bodyweight exercises but my god do they do some work. And all I did to prepare was ride my fucking bike around for a few months.
>>
>>31644714
>I have the option to go to college or join the Air Force. Which should I choose?
If you're poor and want education without debt, AF is a great choice. I'd say it's a no-brainer.

I recommend getting a desk job and starting college while you're in (use TA, not GI Bill).
>>
War crimes happen in war. It's just you only hear about some of them.

That said, people that take a step to far rarely come back home the same.
>>
File: image.jpg (70KB, 640x743px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
70KB, 640x743px
>>31645231
Here's a chart of optimum stats for Ranger PT

It'll max you're scores, and impress your cadre
>>
>>31645269
>God, I have to fucking say it. 90% of you guys stand no chance in Ranger Batt or SF or any of your aspirations. You guys need to spend a few years in the army or off your ass in general doing something demanding and rigorous. It's a lot fucking harder than you guys imagine. Spend a few years in the army or at least get a glimpse of it before you think about this shit.

What's wrong with aiming high? Sure, a decent amount of fags will fail out, but if they make it in, they'll be doing something cool instead of sitting around cleaning rocks, wishing they had taken a chance instead of doing what they'd have done if they failed out anyway.

PS, sorry you failed out of RASP and now spend your days crushing the dreams of 14 year olds on 4chan
>>
>>31630394
Clinton is popular among the less retarded, across all forces
>>
>>31647041
Among pogs you mean.

Army and Marines are pro-Trump.
>>
File: 1458659881600.png (38KB, 979x731px) Image search: [Google]
1458659881600.png
38KB, 979x731px
>>31643537
Day 2, still clicking

Gonna consult a doc
>>
>>31647026
>PS, sorry you failed out of RASP and now spend your days crushing the dreams of 14 year olds on 4chan
Oh my god, it burns! It fucking burns! Please, have mercy...

You can aim high, but I'm telling you if you fuck up or can't do it...you're really fucked. 18X isn't a fucking joke, if you fail out of SFAS (the majority of 18X do...) then the army will park you at Bragg for a few months until new AIT orders come down and then you're whatever the fuck they need you to be.

Failing out of RASP? That's whatever, you're just a lazy shit or don't know how to do basic tasks. Being in Ranger Batt is a part of SOF and they don't operate like the typical army units, ontop of this if you earn your way to Ranger School from Batt you better come back dead or tabbed because if you don't, you are fuuuuuuucked.

All I was saying, as I specifically said at the end, is wait a few years in the army before you really pull the trigger.

Shit, some people are capable, and my opinion shouldn't waive their confidence. But to the guys who say "Yeah I'm a 6'2 290 pound couch potato, i havent done anything with my life and i want to go sf" like fuck dude, you stand no chance. The best option for most people is to wait a few years in big army before going SOF.
>>
>>31646413
>I was a powerlifter
Were you strong though? I mean i do PL a little and i can do more than 13 pushups man. What was your bench 1rm?
>>
>>31646758
> use TA, not GI Bill
What's TA?
>>
I want to join the Air Force, but I don't want to sign a four-year contract.

What's this National Call to Service thing? My recruiter said that the Air Force doesn't do enlistments shorter than four years.
>>
>>31649367
GI bill basically has 2 variants

one is like "bam heres your college paid for" which is better for a mid-large school with a campus and full time class

then theres a version thats better for a smaller school where you'll still need to apy rent and maintain a job - which just gives you payments to bank account monthly
>>
File: 1430275306254.jpg (28KB, 260x260px) Image search: [Google]
1430275306254.jpg
28KB, 260x260px
>>31649367
>What's TA?
Tuition assistance. When you are in it will pay for you to take classes at local schools or online.

>>31649427
Army has 3 year contracts. However most contracts are 4 years. If you dont wanna do 4 why are you even signing up?

>>31649462
>GI bill basically has 2 variants
>one is like "bam heres your college paid for" which is better for a mid-large school with a campus and full time class
>then theres a version thats better for a smaller school where you'll still need to apy rent and maintain a job - which just gives you payments to bank account monthly
Literally none of this is true at all. Stop posting bad info.
>>
>>31647050
It's funny how rednecks and dumbasses willingly attach themselves to the sleaziest of NY businessmen. If they actually knew anything about him aside from his blowhard rhetoric they'd hate the guy.
>>
File: 1471229807363.jpg (121KB, 337x450px) Image search: [Google]
1471229807363.jpg
121KB, 337x450px
>Army recruiter tries to sell me on 35M
>Do some digging
>They don't actually do HUMINT Case Officer work, they just do bitch work

At least the Air Force is upfront about it's enlisted doing bitch work instead of full on HUMINT.
>>
>>31649651

35Ms don't do case officer work, they are military HUMINT people.

That means their job is cool as fuck when there's actual war, locals to talk to, prisoners to interrogate. There's just no war right now.
>>
>>31649864

HUMINT is case officer work. Interrogating prisoners and interviewing locals is not the same as recruiting agents and establishing networks of informants. The former is bitch-tier shit that winds up as a report on an analyst's desk, the latter is full on HUMINT gathering.
>>
>>31649472
> If you don't wanna do 4 why are you even signing up?

Education, benefits.

I just don't want to be away from my family for four years.
>>
>>31649945
>I just don't want to be away from my family for four years.
Stop being a fag? You better mean wife and kids when you say that cause if you are talking about your parents you need to grow some balls and grow the fuck up. Just go beg for a 3 year contract from the army or grow up and do 4 in the AF.

>>31649651
That aint the armys fault. I dont even care if they lie. Its on you to do research just like you did and know what you are getting yourself into.
>>
>>31631700
I'm in my senior year as a transfer student, what's the minimum years you still need before graduation to participate? AFROTC if that helps.
>>
>>31649971

"Hey there 18 year old high schooler, you want this job*?"

>*Job is not actually the job specified and is only tangentially related to the job promised. Job not guaranteed*

I mean, I'm a grown ass man and have enough experience to know when I'm being bullshitted. These fresh faces out of high school don't.
>>
>>31650138
>I mean, I'm a grown ass man and have enough experience to know when I'm being bullshitted. These fresh faces out of high school don't.
And? Thats how life works man. People take advantage of other peolpe all the time.
Used care salesman, realtors, bankers and so on.
Im not saying its right im just sayin thats life, you need to do your homework all the time.
>>
>>31649523
>no arguments
>just ad homs
>le trump is a villain that's why I vote hillary
jesus christ
>>
>>31650159

>As a member of the military I will conduct myself lawfully, ethically, and morally.
>>
>>31650214
Are you 4 years old? Thats not the way the real world works friendo. Politicians swear oaths too and they are the most corrupt lying dirtbags on the planet.
>>
File: Canadian Light Infantry.jpg (3MB, 4288x2848px) Image search: [Google]
Canadian Light Infantry.jpg
3MB, 4288x2848px
Planning on signing up with the Reserves within the next month, what kind of "work" can I expect if I go for infantry?
>>
>>31650230

Either you're trustworthy or you aren't. Most people who aren't worth shit assume that everyone else is secretly like them and are just pretending not to be.
>>
>>31650127
Normally the minimum is three years. As a senior this year, your mose likely bet would be OTS, or if you're pursuing an advanced degree in healthcare or law after undergraduate studies, direct commissioning.
>>
>>31632876
You seem to be a good person to ask, how is it in intelligence? I'm doing geospatial intelligence for the ANG, shipping out in November, and I still haven't really found a person that can definitively tell me how it is
>>
>>31649890

>Implying that national level HUMINT activities are the majority of HUMINT even though military HUMINT is, and has always been the larger portion.

K.
>>
>>31650542
Sounds about right, I figured it'd probably be too late to try ROTC now. If you had an abortive enlistment (for an entirely different branch) that never made it to MEPS do you know if that might pop up while trying to commission?
>>
>>31650709

Military HUMINT includes case officer work you fucking dingus. Recruiting Agent/Informant Mohammed to tell you when the next IED is coming down the pipeline and where from is case officer work, just like recruiting Vladimir from the Russian embassy to hand over internal classified documents is case officer work. How is it that you seem to be simultaneously conflating several different categories of what is technically HUMINT as one thing while simultaneously making up bullshit distinctions? Kind of suspicious really. Officers and CI agents (you can't enlist directly into CI in any branch) do HUMINT case work plus a bunch of other stuff. 1N0X, 31M, etc do the low tier HUMINT work to reduce workload on officers.

Why are you so desperate to sell strangers on the internet on the contradictory ideas that enlisted to full HUMINT activity, but that "military HUMINT" doesn't include developing and running agent/informant networks? Are you a recruiter who doesn't want 35M recruitment to drop? A 35M who doesn't want to admit to yourself that you basically do bitch work and aren't allowed to handle the complex stuff?
>>
File: neet.jpg (65KB, 500x504px) Image search: [Google]
neet.jpg
65KB, 500x504px
I have no references, literally no one. How do I tell my recruiter without sounding autistic?

Want to go infantry, by the way...

>pic somewhat related
>>
File: boi.jpg (117KB, 1432x787px) Image search: [Google]
boi.jpg
117KB, 1432x787px
Will they let me join the VDV?
>>
>>31650809
What do they require of you?
>>
File: 1475717283769.jpg (111KB, 500x700px) Image search: [Google]
1475717283769.jpg
111KB, 500x700px
>>31650257
>Either you're trustworthy or you aren't.
Wrong, there are many shades of grey friend. I j walk all the time so am i a hardened criminal?
>Most people who aren't worth shit assume that everyone else is secretly like them and are just pretending not to be.
Are you a saint?

>>31650793
Just tell him, recruiters want you to sign up not the other way around. Youns will work something out.
>>
>>31650852

This link has a full list of everything you need, but the basics that you need are a good handle of Russian and you need to be physically fit.

http://recrut.mil.ru/career/soldiering/conditions/foreigners.htm
>>
>>31650893
Not him but how many references do you need to go infantry? will they contact them in person or on the phone?
>>
File: 1451780057321.jpg (105KB, 1045x765px)
1451780057321.jpg
105KB, 1045x765px
>>31630394
Would the Navy accept a waiver from the Army?

I tried to join the Navy but got DQ'd and my waiver denied so I went and talked to the Army, got a doctor's note and they approved my waiver, I really want to join the Navy though so I'm wondering if they'll accept it or at least send another waiver for me with the doctor's note. I would go ask but the guys at the station by me won't even talk to me anymore cause I bother them to much so I have to go to a recruiter in the next town and would like to save myself the trip if it's not possible.
>>
>>31650979
Whats the waiver for obviously?

>>31650948
I dont remember but considering you dont need a clearance its not gonna be a big deal.
>>
>>31650787

You sure you even had the ASVAB for a 35 series, anon?

You seem pretty uninformed on this stuff.
>>
>>31651152
Not either of them but if I do take a job that needs a clearance how bad does it look being a /r9k/-tier autist that can't supply any references beyond family and some professsors and bosses that may or may not even remember me?
>>
>>31651152
It's because I have a facial tick and a neck twitch
>>
>>31651184
Dude youll be fine. Again recruiters want you to join. They want the numbers. Youll figure something out. There was a FC on my ship who had as secret and he was no shit homeless before he joined. Doubt he had any references. He walked off the street he was living on into a recruiters office and somehow they made it work. Point is youll be fine.
>>31651197
Well if its medical related and you have been cleared by a doctor than chances are they may reconsider and take you. Fuck the office thats ignoring you, jsut go a town over and make sure you have that doctors note clearing you.
Btw what rates you lookin at just curious.
>>
>>31651231
I want to go fire controlman or electronics technician
>>
>>31638412
Can I join as a current j-1 Visa Holder?
>>
>>31651405

Ask about MAVNI. Only the army does MAVNI atm.

Not recruiteranon by the way, just someone who knows a MAVNI.
>>
>>31650809
I hope you like sucking dick
>>
Will I have problems getting a secret clearance if I was a degenerate in high school and all my references are shit?
>>
Is it true that being enlisted in the Air Force has no upsides?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bb0P2Lp5QkU

I know every other branch has a shit ton of badass enlisted jobs, but Air Force is built around flying planes which only officers can do.
>>
>>31652070

Security forces maybe.

Or para rescue but you'll never get in.
>>
>>31652070
Best chow, best housing, just overall easier way of life.
>>
>>31630531
AF enlisted are incompetent compared to their counterparts in other services
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
Sitting in my hotel room, MEPs in the morning, pretty bored what do?
>>
>>31652164

>t. someone jelly he couldn't get into the Air Force
>>
>>31651932
Probably not to much trouble. But the thing about secret and top secret clearance is that is very compartmentalized. Meaning that you will only get access to stuff that matters directly to you. An example being that I had TS in south korea dealing with evacuation plans for vips. While stationed in Germany, I had plans for destroying certain bridges in certain places. Neither had anything to do with each other and thus I couldn't access both unless my job was related to the task at hand.
>>
>>31652146
Aren't you the guys that take 15 centuries just to make it to E6. I guess the lower pay makes everything work out. Normal people simply move off of a given base, but I guess Air Force folks don't have that option.
>>
File: 1430331953330.png (559KB, 500x572px) Image search: [Google]
1430331953330.png
559KB, 500x572px
>>31652070
PJ,CCT

>>31652109
>Security forces
Confirmed for having no idea what youre talking about

>>31652189
Are you people stupid? You give no info in your posts.
What branch?
What rate/mos?
Other relevant info.
>>
>>31649945
>I just don't want to be away from my family for four years.
Bring your wife and kids with you, retard.
>>
>>31650560
>I'm doing geospatial intelligence for the ANG
AR, KS...?

Fuck, I can't remember the GEOINT sites off the top of my head (SIGINT here).
>>
>>31652070
>Is it true that being enlisted in the Air Force has no upsides?
Did 8 years ADAF before going ANG... I wouldn't say that at all. As long as you stay away from shit jobs (flightline maintenance), it's not a bad deal.
>>
What are the odds of an AF reservist entering as SIGINT or GEOINT being able to reclass as OSI to do counterintel?
>>
>>31652302
It's bad, but promotion rates have changed significantly since the 80s, so it's not that bad.
>>
>>31652306
This. If you are enlisted, I doubt your wife has a career worth a damn. Just take her along with you.
>>
>>31652424
Eh... I can't speak for other sites (or the reserves, for that matter), but at my site, I'm not even aware that OSI exists... I think they just use the nearest AFB for that.
>>
>>31652446

My understanding is that you can reclass as AFOSI at E5. I'd be entering as E3 and on track to have E5 by year 3, which would give me time to retrain after college, maybe get my master's, do a deployment, then go OTS.

>>31652070
>>31652304

I see some cool Air Force enlisted jobs... but most of them require you to enter as something else and reclass. The only interesting jobs on the Enlisted side to me are:

-CCT (I don't think you can go right in as CCT like you can SF or Rangers)
-PJ (Same)
-SOW (Same)
-SERE (Probably need to reclass, if not might be cool)
-Airborn Crypto or ISR
-Intelligence (HUMINT is inaccessible period in the Air Force)
-Special Investigations (Counterintelligence + CSI shit, but must reclass at E4-E5 depending on active or reserve status)
-TACP

On the flipside, officers can be:
-Special Tactics/Combat Rescue (can go right in)
-14NX Intelligence officers can specialize, do all HUMINT, and bounce between numerous job types
-Piloting anything
-OSI again but with more pay

Basically cool shit is not for us lower class folks until you get your magical degree that bestows upon you knighthood and the right to do cool shit.
>>
>>31652591
>I see some cool Air Force enlisted jobs... but most of them require you to enter as something else and reclass.
Ok so then fuck AF and go something else. Why is your heart set on AF?
You could easily go Navy and try SEAL or Army and go SF or ranger.
You better be in top shape though.
>>
>>31652591
>My understanding is that you can reclass as AFOSI at E5. I'd be entering as E3 and on track to have E5 by year 3, which would give me time to retrain after college, maybe get my master's, do a deployment, then go OTS.
Again, I don't know about the reserves, but in the guard, you can always shop around, move and get whatever job you want as long as you can find it.
>>
>>31652682

Because the job I eventually want are AF officer jobs and it's hard to go from enlisted in one service to officer in another.

>>31652699

My understanding is that it's hard to go from guard to active.
>>
>>31652591
>Basically cool shit is not for us lower class folks until you get your magical degree that bestows upon you knighthood and the right to do cool shit.
My degree has had fuckall for career impact. Good EPR bullet though.
>>
>>31652712
Enlisted to officer is hard either way not much harder to go from branch to branch. I've seen a lot of people go from muhreens or army and go fly for navy or AF
>>
>>31652712
>Because the job I eventually want are AF officer jobs
What and why?
>>
>>31652712
>My understanding is that it's hard to go from guard to active.
All my years in the guard and I've only seen one dude go ADAF. But once you're an AGR, it's not too hard to retrain. I've got 5 career fields behind me... went to tech school for 4 of them (like 20 months total at Keesler, FUCK THAT PLACE!) and then got the 5th tech school waived.
>>
>>31652728

Your degree didn't let you go to OCS?

>>31652733

Aside from sketchy recruiters not helping you put in a proper packet what's hard about bootstrapping?

>>31652743

STO once I've got a background in other intel stuff. Let's me hop between attachment to lots of high speed stuff, low drag or not.
>>
>>31652771

So that implies it's tricky to do...
>>
>>31652805
>Your degree didn't let you go to OCS?
Got my degree last December... I retire in 16 months.
>>
>>31652820
I guess if the guard doesn't even have the officer positions you want, then yeah, don't bother with the guard.
>>
>>31652805
>Let's me hop between attachment to lots of high speed stuff
I simply dont get it though. Why not go highspeed from day 1?
You could enlist as a SEAL or army SF and down the line become a warrant or LDO if you really want to. You are trying to jump through all these hoops.
>>
>>31652189
PT fuckhead
>>
>>31652847

Nope. Let me explain.

If I go STO with prior intelligence training that means that I can deploy as head of a special tactics team. It also means that I am likely to be requested on missions attached to SEALS, SF, Rangers, or even MARSOC.

If I make the top of my peer group then I may be attached to JSOC, which means that I would either deploy as part of what used to be called Det1 MACOS, attached to DEVGRU or Delta, and with an intelligence background I would be on deck for being pulled to do work for The Activity.

Basically I could go try to go high speed right now and be career locked, or bone up my intel credentials first before getting to work an entire field of interesting assignments.
>>
>>31652343
North Dakota
>>
>>31652928
Oh nevermind... thought it was a DMS site.
>>
>>31652902

Are you 16? This is a retarded high schooler career plan.
>>
File: 1430684907868.gif (954KB, 500x340px) Image search: [Google]
1430684907868.gif
954KB, 500x340px
>>31652902
See >>31653285
That is retarded as fuck dude.
First off officers do nothing cool. So all that shit you think youll be doing is the enlisted side, youll be in a tent watching and filing paperwork.
Second
>attached to DEVGRU or Delta
Why would you want to be attached when you could BE dev or delt? Again, just become a seal or SF and try out.
Third
>The Activity
You need to stop watching movies and wake up.
>>
>>31653285

Expound on why aiming to go AFSOC and shoot for JSOC is retarded.

>>31653395

>officers never do anything

That meme needs to die, and I'm convinced that it's bitter enlisted and enlisted recruiters who spread it.

>Why would you want to be attached when you could BE dev or delt? Again, just become a seal or SF and try out.

Because I prefer Special Tactics.

>You need to stop watching movies and wake up.

So nobody in special operations does special operations related intelligence? Okay, I guess I'll tell that to my former teacher's husband who worked intelligence for JSOC. He'll be fucking surprised as hell.
>>
File: 1448341308925.jpg (46KB, 367x451px) Image search: [Google]
1448341308925.jpg
46KB, 367x451px
>>31653469
>That meme needs to die, and I'm convinced that it's bitter enlisted and enlisted recruiters who spread it.
Its not a meme you stupid faggot.
Lets see
>People who have actually served say 1 thing
>You, a loser with stupid pipe dreams whose never been in says another.

>Because I prefer Special Tactics.
You dont "prefer" anything cause you arent even in and the only thing you know is shit youve read on wikipedia.
>So nobody in special operations does special operations related intelligence?
I didnt say that at all.

Kid youre a lost cause. Go try your stupid fucking plan. And when you are sitting in some office in bumb fuck nowhere working on a powerpoint i want you to think back to this moment. Eat shit and die loser.
>>
>>31653547

>You have aspirations
>Eat shit and die loser

Okay then bro.
>>
Speaking of retarded plans, a Marine recruiter told me I could enlist, train to be an aircraft mechanic, go to college while serving, get a degree, attend OCS, and go to flight school.

Is this in anyway viable?
>>
>>31653593
Sure, but it's hard. You're better off getting a degree and going ROTC though. How old are you? I think flight school caps at 27
>>
>>31653627
I am 20. I turn 21 in january
>>
>>31653565
Having aspirations and being completely delusional are 2 different things.
Youve been completely memed and you dont even realize it.
>>31653593
>>31653643
This is one of those things where the stars have to align perfectly. So yes its possible but its a slim as fuck chance.
>>
>>31653593
That's exactly what I did and am continuing to do. I started going to college a little bit late in my contract so I'm out of the Marine Corps but I graduate in spring of 2017. This plan is only viable if you have a lot of determination and discipline. Prepare to work 12 hours a day, hopefully only 5 days a week and have to cram in your homework on the weekends. Also don't forget to go to the gym 5 days a week, have duty a couple of times a month, and get a haircut every week. You won't have time to go to the bars every weekend or to a strip club like the rest of your boot friends. The pay off is big but it's a difficult path. You're better off going ROTC it's way easier.
tl;dr go ROTC, hope you can swim.
>>
>>31653686
Isn't OCS swamped with applicants
>>31653729
>gym 5 days a week
Half of the appeal of the muhreens for me is the fact that lifting is literally a part of your job
>go ROTC
I think I'll take you up on that since I actually have a marketable skill, so I won't be stuck for four years if I fuck up
>>
I'm gonna be at Parris island the next few months starting this weekend, if nuclear war were to break out, do they have basements or shelter to tuck us in?
>>
>>31651184
Professors and bosses will write refs for literally everyone they didn't have a distinctly negative experience with. "Distinctly negative" being what the recruiters will be looking for when examining the refs.
>>
>>31653686

>completely delustional

He basically just wants to do SOF but realizes that an intel background makes him more versatile once he gets there. You seem mad that he prefers the chair force to your own service and wants to be an officer.
>>
>>31654148
>>31654148
>>31654148
>>
>>31650183
He's not a villain, he just knows how to tweak the nipples of backwood simpletons like you. To be candid I'm not voting for either of them.
>>
>>31654083
Are you retarded? Did you read that whole crazy plan he has laid out?
>>
>>31654414

Yes. He wants to:

>Do some enlisted intelligence in the reserve
>Commission as a Special Tactics Officer
>Hope that he's in the top 10% who get assigned to JSOC
>Hopes he can use that intel prior experience to do more versatile missions

That's literally it. He used some extra words, doesn't want to remain "muh enlisted", and is shooting for goals that require a high level of physical and mental fitness, but nothing about that is unacceptable.
>>
Considering trying to do NUPOC. Thoughts on the program from anyone?
Thread posts: 317
Thread images: 44

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.