[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My dad's got a cut down, beat to shit garand taking up room

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: fRJaTTH.jpg (1024KB, 3888x2592px) Image search: [Google]
fRJaTTH.jpg
1024KB, 3888x2592px
My dad's got a cut down, beat to shit garand taking up room in his safe. Is it even worth taking to gunstop to try to get a cash offer, or should he just give it to the local PD and let them junk it?
>>
Why not list it locally,
Or sell it to me for $100
Where do you live
>>
>>31626927
You can sell it to numrich for parts
>>
>>31626927
keep it on your wall, its always worth saving an old garand
>>
>>31626927
Some money is better than no money, throw it on armslist and see what happens. Throw up some details\ pics and we can give you a ballpark to list it.
>>
>>31626927
if it still works and shoots accurately enough you dont sell it.
A gun like that is worth more in utility to you than what anyone would likely pay in dollars. you'd be an idiot to sell it for cash.
>>
>>31627268
It's a beat to shit gun taking up room in his safe if he has a gun safe and is concerned about the amount of room in it, its likely utility is effectively zero.

If you only have one gun, don't sell your gun. If you have multiple guns, sell shit you don't like\ use and buy more shit to get tired of. There's no reason to keep a bunch of shit you don't want around.
>>
Inb4 numbers matching jungle carbine le epic troll xD
>>
>>31627344
no you cumguzzler it's the beater gun. you put it in your car/truck on the rack.
>>
>>31626927
>No pics at all
I know this is bait but Ill bite. If its that beat up fucking take it to a smith to strip it and sell the parts. Selling the Reciver is like 500 bucks
>>
>>31627525
I mean, it's at my dad's place. He was just talking to me about how he wasn't sure what he wanted to do with it.
>>
>>31627781
take a fucking pic
>>
Welp, I fucked up. It's a lee enfield, not a garand. My dad says he'll take a few pictures later tonight.
>>
is it later tonight yet
>>
File: 1238225318586.jpg (194KB, 538x581px) Image search: [Google]
1238225318586.jpg
194KB, 538x581px
>>31627912
A lot of people are into restoring Enfields now days, there will likely be people willing to buy it for parts, even if its unshootable.

Never hand a firearm in for destruction, thats like taking your dog to the vet to be put down and then not even staying with it while it happens.
>>
File: 5424644_orig.png (61KB, 358x327px) Image search: [Google]
5424644_orig.png
61KB, 358x327px
>>31630337
>Never hand a firearm in for destruction,
True, those things are worth money or could be a fun project for somebody.

>thats like taking your dog to the vet to be put down and then not even staying with it while it happens.

Full retard
>>
>>31626927
Don't throw away a Garand receiver, they can always be rebuilt into beautiful working M1s by a loving gunsmith.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.