[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sup /k. Gonna be getting a handgun soon. Recommend me one. I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: g19_gen4_45.png (330KB, 1000x536px) Image search: [Google]
g19_gen4_45.png
330KB, 1000x536px
Sup /k. Gonna be getting a handgun soon. Recommend me one. I hear the Glock 17 and 19 are pretty much the best, but I've always wanted a 1911. Will be for him defense and concealed carrry.
>>
>>31626624
>I hear the Glock 17 and 19 are pretty much the best
they're inexpensive, reliable, and ugly as sin.

>but I've always wanted a 1911
Then get a 1911
>>
>>31626624

Springfield XD
>>
>>31626688
>XD

Fuck off
>>
File: 1471272000357.jpg (127KB, 706x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1471272000357.jpg
127KB, 706x1000px
>>31626624
Gun shop faggot here.

Man am I glad you posted this thread here. I mean, now I can enjoy the convenience of not just helping you solve this question all day while I'm at work, but now I can walk you through the process on my days off, too!

Man I'm glad you made it easy for me to help you. When I kick my feet up on browse /k/, I always feel like I'm just not doing enough to serve customers, you know? Anywho, here's my suggestion: suck my dick you fucking nigger delete your shitty thread immediately.
>>
>>31626624
get a 1911 if it's what you really want, glocks are the ugliest fucking thing on planet earth
>>
>>31626624
Get a Lightweight Commander.
>>
>>31626624
Glocks aren't best, they're mediocre handguns that are as reliable as others in the price category that have better features.
>bad trigger
>bad sights
>bad ergonomics
>no ambidexterity
>ugly as fuck

You could do a lot better than buy a klok just because everyone has one.
>>
>>31626698
You realize that XD is part of its name right?
http://www.springfield-armory.com/xdm-series/

fucking casual
>>
>>31626704
(You)
>>
>>31626972

Glocks are basically a modern power tool personified into a gun. Feels kinda chinzy and looks kinda cheap, but the plastic is stronger than you think and it works well.

Basically get something nicer there's no reason not to.
>>
>>31626991
sorry, wrong page
http://www.springfield-armory.com/xd-series
>>
>>31626624
QTDDTOT
>>
1911s are amazing and have tons of aftermarket parts, upgrades, and options to switch caliber. You can shoot .45 Super in pretty much any 1911 and have 10mm level power.

One thing you want is Mil Spec. Loose tolerances have minimal or no effect on accuracy and make the gun much more reliable. When 1911s shifted from Mil Spec and added unnecessary safety features prone to failure 1911s got a bad reputation. Prior to that the were legendary for reliability and accuracy.

Glock 19s are great semi compacts perfect for average use.
>>
>>31626972
Care to name a few?
>>
>>31626624
Get the 1911. It's a fantastic gun that carries through all the way from beginner professional match shooter. The more you love your gun, the more you will want to carry it.

Get a plain GI to start off with, Colt is the best but most of the cheap GI-type 1911s are fine. Tisas, Girsan, Rock Island, Cimarron, Auto Ordnance.
>>
>>31626991
Thanks for the response
>>
>>31626624
For CC, get any compact 9mm from a reputable American manufacturer. I CC the S&W M&P9c in warm weather. It's a sexy ergonomic blaster, but you might want to replace the trigger with an Apex aluminum trigger and a forward-set sear kit. Why they put such a garbage trigger on an otherwise great gun it beyond me.

Or just be a fag and get a Glock.
>>
compare/contrast a beretta 92fs vs a cz75?
>>
>>31626624
I think glocks look cool

Maybe I'm into cubism or something
>>
>>31626624
COLT DELTA ELITE
>>
>>31626704
holy shit i kek'd hard
congrats mate that was a good one

>>31629327
they just look like a generic pistol, like how the crown vic looks like the base platform for all sedans
>>
File: UwHUTr9.jpg (214KB, 732x920px) Image search: [Google]
UwHUTr9.jpg
214KB, 732x920px
>>31626624
>Should I get a Glock or a 1911?

Yes.
>>
>>31626668
>reliable
Everyone I know that owns a glock has modified it in some way. It's either the recoil spring, trigger mechanism, sights, grips, slide release, ejector, the list goes on and on. Look up Glock 26 vids, almost every vid shows a f2f of some sort. Comments on videos include the 33rd mag, blaming "limp wrists" (as if that should define the function of a firearm), bad ejector on some models, etc. Instead of modifying your firearm to make it functioning and usable, just buy something that functions out of the box, like a Sig, HK, Hi Point, Ruger, CZ, etc.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.