[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What guns do you wish there were civilian versions of? I nominate

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 6

File: 1280px-BundeswehrMP7.jpg (253KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
1280px-BundeswehrMP7.jpg
253KB, 1280x960px
What guns do you wish there were civilian versions of?

I nominate the H&K MP7. I don't understand why H&K never imported them as pistols (like the CZ Scorpion) so that people could paper them as SBRs and add the stock and foregrip back on. Hell, I'd own one even if I never SBR'd it, though I just really love the look. It's also a shame the UCP project never panned out - common magazines between a PDW and a sidearm is a pretty neat idea. I know H&K hates us, but they import pistols anyway, so it can't be that hard. Do they just not care about competing with the PS90?

Honorable mention: L85, though I know the Brits would never do that.
>>
File: famasg2.jpg (485KB, 1500x1050px) Image search: [Google]
famasg2.jpg
485KB, 1500x1050px
>>31623190
INB4 "But Century MAS .223!" I want a G2 for one, and for that matter I'd like to be able to actually afford the thing.
>>
>civilian version

I wish the National Fudd Act wasn't a thing.
>>
Canadafag. Always wanted a semi-auto MP5.
>>
File: 1472706132343.png (480KB, 600x525px) Image search: [Google]
1472706132343.png
480KB, 600x525px
>>31623190
Every gun there isn't a civilian version of.
>>
>>31623190
The MP7A1 is unavailable to civilians and for good reason. We all know that’s technology no civvies should ever get to lay their hands on. This is a purpose-built weapon with no sporting applications to speak of. It is made to put down scumbags, and that’s it. Its assault rifle capabilities and small size make this a serious weapon that should not be taken lightly
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (30KB, 514x555px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
30KB, 514x555px
>>31623290
>with no sporting applications to speak of
this has to stop. Hunting and home defense aren't the most important reasons for owning guns.
>>
>>31623290
*clapping*. Well done with the Recoil magazine controversy.
>>
>>31623227
I like it. Always had a soft spot for bullpups, even if they're kind of falling out of style now, what with the French adopting the 416 and all.

>>31623267
Okay, fair enough. But assuming it's not going anywhere anytime soon, what would you have within current laws?

>>31623277
I could get behind an MP5, too. Sucks that to be properly configured (minus select-fire), they'd be SBRs in the US.

>>31623279
Okay, but assume all those guns got civilian versions tomorrow. What would you get first?

>>31623290
Brady Campaign pls go
>>
>>31623343
>Okay, but assume all those guns got civilian versions tomorrow. What would you get first?
Civilian M134 minigun
>>
>>31623190
>I don't understand why H&K never imported X

The answer is almost always the same. They either can't or it's too much of a hassle to be viable, as in actually too difficult, not because they're lazy
>>
>>31623364
>semi-auto minigun
I'm all about it.

>>31623367
I get that H&K doesn't import some of the rifles because of import restrictions, but an MP7 minus the stock/foregrip is just a big pistol, like a civilian Uzi or MAC. Surely the import restrictions wouldn't hinder them for that, right? CZ can get Scorpions in as pistols, so why not H&K? They've already made semi-auto versions for the Brits, so that can't be it. The only real thing I can think of is a lack of demand, and honestly I can't speak to that, but the PS90 seems to be fairly successful and similar (PDW firing a snowflake cartridge).
>>
File: 1475971824748.jpg (23KB, 400x301px) Image search: [Google]
1475971824748.jpg
23KB, 400x301px
I would like pic related for retro mallninja reasons. Maybe with a detachable folding stock? Barring that, I wouldn't mind if they started importing Valmets and K1s again.
>>
>>31623190
Can't import the MP7 as a pistol because the snowflake ammo is considered "armor piercing"

Also German export laws
>>
>>31623420
Huh, never seen that before.
>Valmets and K1s
Fuck yeah

>>31623431
> the snowflake ammo is considered "armor piercing"
Wait, how is 4.6x30 considered armor piercing, but 5.7x28 isn't? I know they neutered 5.7, but what's stopping them from doing that to 4.6?
>German export laws
Would my theoretical MP7 pistol be treated differently than a USP under German law? I don't know shit about their laws, so what's stopping export?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.