[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

never shot a gun. the bullet isn't supposed to be like

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5

File: bullet.jpg (65KB, 1408x618px) Image search: [Google]
bullet.jpg
65KB, 1408x618px
never shot a gun. the bullet isn't supposed to be like this right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWKxd4vrlXo

@2:40 and 3:50
>>
>>31615183
No it isn't
>>
>>31615183
That is not a bullet, that is the entire cartridge.
>>
>>31615200
so its just like an editing goof?
>>
>>31615183
There are four elements to a modern cartridge.
>Bullet
>Powder
>Casing
>Primer

The casing houses it all. The powder if inside the casing. The primer can be seen flush with the bottom of the casing. The bullet protrudes from the top of the casing unless it's a VERY rare cartridge like 7.62x38r for the M1895 Nagant revolver.

The firing pin hits the primer. The primer shoots flames or sparks or some shit into the casing amongst the powder. Powder ignites, which causes a controlled explosion. The explosion will take the path of least resistance, which in this case involves pushing the bullet off of the casing and down the barrel. When a cartridge is fired, the bullet is propelled, the powder is burnt, and the primer has been detonated/used. The only remaining realistically reusable element is the casing. The other three components are essentially rendered useless unless the bullet can be discovered. If it's in good shape, it may be shot again. If it's damaged, then perhaps you have the skills necessary to melt it down and make a new bullet, but that's somewhat doubtful, no offense. Not all that many people out there make their own bullets. By 'bullet', I mean 'projectiles', not entire 'cartridges/rounds'.

I think I recall that movie House of the Dead having a part where a bullet is fired into a barrel of gunpowder or something, resulting in an explosion, but the 'bullet' is the entire cartridge like in the video/pic.
>>
Based Iranians.

that mistake did nothing to undermine the awesomeness of that video.

I wish one day we will have a full length movie about the heroic campaigns of the Quds against the Burger/Sunnishit/Israeli supported subhuman islamist dogs.

Truly the unsung heroes of modern age.
>>
>>31615273
thanks
>>
>>31615264
It's more like the director/editor/whoever it was who decided it should be like that, didn't know how firearms work. They just assumed that when a firearm is fired the ENTIRE cartridge is shot. In truth, it would have been easier on the editor/graphic designer/whoever made the special effects if they just made it a bullet instead of a cartridge. Bullets generally look pretty simple and smooth, save for the rifling grooves, the possibility that it might be hollow point or soft point, and it might be boattailed or with a lead-exposed base. Some bullets, I hear, have flat bases that don't have lead exposed at the base, but I don't think I've ever seen such in person.
>>
>>31615288
My pleasure; I enjoy talking about firearms. Cheers from /k/anada.
>>
>>31615281
Agreed and great cinematography! Better than the (((Hollywood))) shit
>>
Subtitles?
>>
>/k/ laughs about Persian Operators
>not realizing that these guys are more experienced in real gritty CQB and MOUT than any of you

These guys fought at least five plus years of conventional warfare against a peer-opponent, pushing them back mutliple times and saving the SAA's butt more than once. That's more and better track record than any US force and their overglorified police actions in Iraq and A-stan.
>>
>Sellier & Bellot's 12.7mm luger....
>>
File: kboard.jpg (45KB, 448x227px) Image search: [Google]
kboard.jpg
45KB, 448x227px
>>31615451
Please quote the post where anyone laughs at Persian Operators.
Go ahead, I'll wait.
>>
>>31615281

>isis are sunnis now
>>
>>31615566
>Implying that ISIS arent sunni

what.

They arent Buddhists, in any case.
>>
>>31615451
B-but, I bought myself an AR with $5000 optics and a platecarrier with milsurp multicam and I shoot plastic targets on weekends!

I'm a DEVGRU SEAL Ranger OPERATOR!
>>
>>31615183
Did anyone notice that at 2:40 his case said 12.7mm luger?
>>
>>31615281
I'd watch anyone kill ISIS faggots
>>
>>31615614
haha yeah and sellier & bellot
>>
File: freddy murphy laugh.gif (1MB, 280x210px) Image search: [Google]
freddy murphy laugh.gif
1MB, 280x210px
>>31615632
>sellier & bellot
Pffffff what?
Damn, had a good chuckle

>>31615183
Now with 180% more bullet per bullet
>>
>>31615451
>"they're more experienced"
What a load of crock, Phantom Fury makes Iran's entire Syrian adventure look like sunday at the park.
>>
>>31615451
>muh Persian operators a bloo bloo bloo
you are aware that most of the "Iranians" are Afghan and Pakistani mercenaries sent to Syria by Iran, right?

only about a quarter of Iran's force in Syria are actual Iranians
>>
>>31615451
>against a peer-opponent
lolarabs.
>>
>>31615451
>All them (you)s
You smell that? It's the smell of butthurt Yanks... it's the smell of willful ignorance.
>>
>>31615740
>what is b8?
the only smell I smell is your distinct newfag odor
>>
>>31615714
>Persian mercs vs Saudi mercs

they are pretty peer
>>
File: lmao.jpg (70KB, 600x604px) Image search: [Google]
lmao.jpg
70KB, 600x604px
>>31615596

they're Khawarij
>>
>>31615183
This is actually pretty good
Thanks for posting OP
>>
File: 1455590557565.jpg (81KB, 900x805px) Image search: [Google]
1455590557565.jpg
81KB, 900x805px
>>31615183
>5 minutes and 56 seconds long
>alright heavier rock tones with orchestral strings
I could listen to this.
>>
>>31617305
Iranians were all "absolutely haram" about these kind of music videos at first. Until they realized how effective propaganda it is for recruiting plebs to die for you.
>>
>>31616670
How can they fuck up this much?
Do they even know Sure and Dua?
>>
>>31617320
Cool. Everyone just wants to be an operator.
>>
>>31615566
Nobody can be this retarded
>>
>>31615842
Yeah, but he says it like it's a good thing. Special Olympians have peer-opponents too.
>>
>>31615281
Iranian cancer might be less malignant than Salafi cancer, but it still is cancer and completely antithetical to everything we value.
>>
>>31616670
They wouldn't see any need to pray toward Mecca, after all Allah is in all directions. ISIS don't recognise Mecca as being important, because venerating a place is as idolatrous as venerating an image. They'd blow up the Kaaba if they could.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.