[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help me decide /k/. S&W 686 3" or Glock 26 Gen4 for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0736.jpg (68KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0736.jpg
68KB, 600x600px
Help me decide /k/. S&W 686 3" or Glock 26 Gen4 for first handgun. For CCW and general self-defense.

IBwheelgunvs.auto
>>
>>31607028
686 is gonna be a little big to carry, that said I would go with the 686 its probably my favorite revolver.
>>
>>31607028
this
>>31607723

love my 686
>>
>>31607028
get the 686. Revolvers are really good to train with and are never break (or rarely do). They're great to practice with and to learn how to shoot.

I started with a S&W 581. Love that gun.
>>
>>31608750
and never break* ffs
>>
The only two things I don't like about my 686 are the Hillary hole lock that's on mine, and my custom wood grips don't quite fit right.

It's a fucking good revolver.
>>
>>31607028
686 is going to be a lot more fun.
>>
>>31607028
You're gonna hate carrying a 686 iwb and it will be harder to conceal.

The glock comes with shit sights and you'll want to replace them immediately if you buy it
>>
>>31607028
S&W 686 is a K frame, which is too big and heavy to be a good CCW in summer months. Also get a 686 with at least a 4" barrel for shooting 357 magnum. The Glock 26 is a better choice for a CCW in warm months where a coat won't help hide your gun.
>>
66 is a little smaller and probably easier to carry concealed
>>
>>31611969
The 686 is a L frame.
The 66 is a K frame.
>>
>>31607028
I own a S&W 686 plus .357 mag. 3" barrel smooth cylinder(no groove cuts) shoots like a dream, easy to clean.

I reccomend for cc and range day. I only put 357 thru it though. Just me being stupid about not saving 8 bucks by using 38sp as target rounds.
>>
>>31613740
Added note. The 3" barrel does wonders for cc in belt holster, but I'm a leather holster guy, I don't like the plastic abs holsters. Just my opinion. Grew up on too much John Wayne to appreciate tacticool gear.
>>
>>31607028
Sp101
>>
A revolver doesn't leave brass shell casings i.e. EVIDENCE on the ground. If you happen to shoot Abad guy, DO NOT be a rube and wait to report it to the police. Your life will be ruined, and it will be if your own making.

Get a clue.
>>
Glock 26 is going to be much easier to conceal but 686 will be more fun to shoot.
>>
>>31607028
glock for ccw
>>
>>31614187
do exactly the opposite of what this person tells you
>>
>>31607028
Just get a 327 or 627
>>
>>31607028
Get a used, pre-lock S&W
>>
Glock and meprolight sights.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.