[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi guys so fairly recently I was in London when their counter-terrorism

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: DSC_032.jpg (90KB, 470x700px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_032.jpg
90KB, 470x700px
Hi guys

so fairly recently I was in London when their counter-terrorism force announced a new 'line up' of kit, it was a public event and I even got to take some photos with the police (pic rel)

Looking back at the photos though, I notice that the magazines are only half full, does anyone have an explanation for this?

cheers
>>
>>31602409
but if england banned guns, and a gun ban keeps guns out of the hands of bad guys, why does the police need guns?
>>
>>31602426
Why do people think they're clever saying this
>>
The bullets don't go all the way to the bottom, the spring compresses there.
>>
>>31602426
There's nasty sods who are still holding onto their knives.
>>
>Looking back at the photos though, I notice that the magazines are only half full, does anyone have an explanation for this?

That's what a full magazine looks like you moron. The spring has to go somewhere.
>>
>>31602426
But the UK didn't ban guns, they just banned certain types.
>>
>>31602433
>>31602437
okay thanks lads
>>
>>31602426
>Gun ban keeps guns out of the hands of bad guys
Said no one in the government ever. That really isn't the singular point of firearms laws in the UK.
>>
>>31602426
cuz then this shitshow happen every day
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cX5CPx4RKWw
>>
File: 1392045413538.png (65KB, 355x328px) Image search: [Google]
1392045413538.png
65KB, 355x328px
>>31602450
Christ. Can't the British police afford tazers? Literally a two patrol job there and they need fucking fifteen for it.
>>
>>31602496
tazers? why?
they have better the assault trash can
>>
>>31602507
Wheelie bin*
>>
>>31602496
Honestly I think Yank cops overuse tazers. They're lazy, can't be arsed to run after someone, and even use them on unarmed people who could simply be dealt with physically. In THIS situation though where the dude has a machete? Not yet a call for using firearms due to nobody's life being imminently in danger, but it's call for use of a taser for sure.

But hey, if they managed to calm him down in the end with nobody being harmed/tazed, then good on them. I'd rather police who didn't resort to violence unless things got REALLY extreme, even at the risk of embarrassment due to looking ridiculous, instead of police who resorts to violence whenever and wherever possible.

It shows that UK police have more respect for their citizens than US police. I mean, they're willing to play ring-around-the-psycho if it'll mean letting him give up on his own instead of via electrocution.
>>
>>31602535
They beat him with batons though, not exactly respectful. With a taser they could have ended the situation with two patrols with nobody getting hurt.
>>
>>31602535
the problem is where you need to send 30 policemen, altought they might needed elsewhere
>>
>>31602550
I'd rather get smacked with batons than pierced with barbed spikes and hit with crippling electricity.

>>31602551
Alright, you have a fair point there... though if a pressing issue turned up in another part of town, I would imagine they'd be informed of such via one of the radios they wear, and so would send some of their force to said problem elsewhere. The thing is, what if NOTHING was going on elsewhere? Send 2 guys to taze him and call it a day, or send several guys to try and calm him down and give up without any major harm/pain coming to anyone.
>>
>>31602678
I agree with your general train of thought but you seem to really underestimate the damage batons cause, especially in comparison to a tazer which only incapacitates you for a short while
>>
>>31602678
>I'd rather get smacked with batons than pierced with barbed spikes and hit with crippling electricity.

One, you get less injured with tasers, with less chance of critical injury.

Two, americans sued batons out of use for the most part.

I think you are stuck on "muh honor". Its not about being honorable, its about completing the task.
>>
>>31602436

So if the bad guys have knives (which are also forbidden for carrying around if i'm not mistaken), wouldn't it be far less dangerous for everyone if the police carried batons or swords? You know: minimum necessary force and all that?
>>
>>31602678
Never really looked into blunt force trauma, did you?
>>
>>31602432
Because most people here are 18 and have no experience discussing anything outside of an echo chamber
>>
>>31602535
Never 4get

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2203982/Electrician-tasered-50-000-volts-police-bring-having-SCREWDRIVER-pocket.html
>>
>>31602409
Is that guy on the right a righty rifleshooter but a lefty pistolshooter?
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.