[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Okay, so I'm sure most of you have seen either this, or

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

File: salt-gun.jpg (114KB, 1200x663px) Image search: [Google]
salt-gun.jpg
114KB, 1200x663px
Okay, so I'm sure most of you have seen either this, or something like it.

Basically, it's either a paintball marker, or very similar to one, that is designed to fire a breakable ball that doesn't penetrate, but rather break apart on impact, dispersing a chemical irritant with effects similar to pepper spray. It's marketed as an alternative to firearms in the home.

My question is: can we take this nonlethal alternative, and turn it on it's head? What kind of things can we fill these rounds with to make them lethal in ways that guns aren't? I had the idea to fill one with ricin, with a possible application as an assassins tool (for the assassin who prefers complexity and terror to efficacy). Maybe fill one with bleach or powdered glass and aim for the eyes?

What would /k/ do with one of these to really ratchet up the lethality?
>>
I can just imagine the Numale faggot with the half grown in beard and thick rimmed glasses marketing this POS
>>
>>31594551
aluminum pellet
>>
>ricin
If you can somehow shoot it down your target's throat without them noticing, probably not. You're better off just putting it in somebody's food, like most poisons.
>>
>>31594586
Their marketing is pellets hitting a wall and talking about how safe it is.
If a man breaks into my house, I'm not concerned for his safety.
>>
>>31594586
Did you see the ad? Because that's exactly what they look like
>>
>>31594632
No please link
>>
>>31594640
Don't blame me for any anger this induces, you asked for it

https://youtu.be/L5LbpqiwGKY
>>
Not even going to watch it, that thumbnail was enough.
>>
File: Consider the following bang.jpg (884KB, 2445x2176px) Image search: [Google]
Consider the following bang.jpg
884KB, 2445x2176px
>>31594551
Easiest and perhaps most effective would be to use powdered lye. It would literally eat through the subjects clothes and burn the ever loving shit out of them.

chemical burns are the kind of thing that if not treated will slowly and painfully harm/kill someone. a few pepper balls of lye to the face would probably permanently blind the person and require major skin grafts to repair.
>>
>>31594551
What about filling the balls with some kind of acid?

>>31594586
It also reminds me of the Guardian 8

>>31594832
I like how you think.
>>
>>31594832
>Easiest and perhaps most effective would be to use powdered lye. It would literally eat through the subjects clothes and burn the ever loving shit out of them.

Yeah, nah. I work with laboratory grade lye on a regular basis. It's not half that hazardous, especially as the dry powder that would be required for SALT ammunition. As an example I placed several chunks of 99%+ pure lye into my hand when weighing out reagents for a buffer. The human body is very well buffered (resists pH change). Such SALT ammunition could indeed cause chemical burns, but they would not be instantaneous. The lye powder would need to absorb water from the air, or sweat, or skin contact for a while before the powder would liquify and begin to burn. Moreover, the extreme hygroscobiscity of sodium and potassium hydrozide would make the ammunition unstable (one crack in the SALT ammo shell and the lye would liquefy from absorbed atmospheric H2O).

I rate this idea as unlikely to work as intended.
>>
>What would /k/ do with one of these to really ratchet up the lethality?
HIV positive blood.
>>
How about using actual bullets?
>>
>>31594832
I like this idea.
>Lye to the eye incapacitates the suspicious individual breaking into your house.
>Perp gets taken away by the cops to get his eyes cleaned
>Perp becomes permanently blind.
>Sue manufacturer for making such dangerous and irresponsible alternatives to guns.
>>
>>31594666
>.1/10
>Defeated by balaclava & swimming/ski goggles
Stop trying to sell me shit satan.
>>
>>31595770
To be fair it would be kinda fun to dick around with some friends with this
>>
File: 1007162102.jpg (4MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
1007162102.jpg
4MB, 3840x2160px
Here is my hierarchy of escalation, R to L

>Uninvited cats
>Roommie's delivery pizza man
>'glets and ruffians
>'dus, ne'erdowells, rapists, and OGWTF
>>
>>31594551
lead azide
>>
>>31595555
>Bleeding heart groups move to ban the new chemical guns and leave traditional firearms alone

mite b cool
>>
>>31594551

I've been shot with pepper balls.

better hope you're behind -hard- cover once I stop craving tortilla chips and negro- modelo to go with the burn.

Cause the shit flying your way will be spiced with tungsten-carbide.
>>
>>31594551
For people like my with asthma pepper spray or similar is never really an option. I'll likely hurt myself as much as the other person.

Therefore, I'm going to use a gun for self defense.
>>
Ammonia and bleach separated by thin membrane. Aim for face. Or glass balls of hydrochloric acid.
>>
>>31596620
UUUUUHHHGGGGHHGHHHHNNFFFFFFF
>>
>>31594551
I'm thinking napalm and something that causes auto-ignition when removed from oil bath, like potassium or phosphorus.
>>
>>31594666
Will they make a SALT rifle?
>>
>>31594551
Frozen paintballs and up the psi
>>
File: how do you get so wrong.png (363KB, 825x698px) Image search: [Google]
how do you get so wrong.png
363KB, 825x698px
>>31594666
>we replaced the violent bang of black powder

I need to kill them or myself really hard right now
>>
>>31594666
fuck that just sell me the powder nigga

There's no law against booby-trapping my property with a nonlethal irritant toxin is there?
>>
>>31594551
Shit, time to start looking through safety data sheets to find harmful salts/gases like maybe ammonium.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.