[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does this ammo finally make .380 a viable carry option? It looks

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: xtreme penetrator.jpg (126KB, 1325x1325px) Image search: [Google]
xtreme penetrator.jpg
126KB, 1325x1325px
Does this ammo finally make .380 a viable carry option? It looks consistently great in all the gel tests I've watched.

I live in the south, where it's summer carry 365, and although I would prefer 9mm, every 9mm micro gun seems to have reliability issues. .380 seems to still be preferable for pocket carry. Am I wrong?
>>
.380 is fine. As long as you have the ability to propel lead into the flesh of a perpetrator you'll probably be ok.
>>
>>31593509
yes
>>
>Am I wrong?

Probably.
>>
>>31593539
>yes
A fantastic answer thank you. This is why trips are so respected in our community.
>>
>>31593509
I need more evidence. Something tells me that this bullet is designed to ONLY perform well in gelatin.
>>
>>31593509
.380 has always been a viable carry option.
>>
>>31593615

the only other test i've seen of this is MAC shooting a dead boar with it and the round didn't penetrate the boar's scapula. I don't know how thick a boar's scapula is or whether that is a reasonable thing to expect a pistol bullet to do.
>>
>>31593629
This.

I wouldn't recommend hollowpoints for one, but it's a capable cartridge.
>>
File: P238.jpg (132KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
P238.jpg
132KB, 1600x1200px
>>31593509

Do it, I love my siggy.
>>
>>31593539
Nigger, if you want to copy me you should at least TRY.
Newfag.
>>
>>31593792
This is actually the gun that made me post this thread. The 238 is a much loved gun and it's what I would get if I carry .380. The 938 is essentially the same size, and would be a no-brainer better choice, but reviews are mixed; half love it, half say don't trust it.
>>
>>31593629
This
It kills people good and has been for decades.
Modern powders only make it better.
Imho carrying fmj is goofy as fuck a .380 hollowpoint will still fuck you up bad.
>>
File: IMAG0350.jpg (2MB, 2688x1520px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0350.jpg
2MB, 2688x1520px
>>31593868
I had one. It was garbage. Did nothing but jam no matter what I fed it.
I ended up just giving it away
>>
>>31593509
I carry a .380
It's a decent pistol for concealing, but know it's limits. I live in New England, so I swap out for something bigger when clothing will allow...which is also why I don't carry it in the winter. The extra,thicker clothing has the potential to slow down a .380
Since it's a diminutive round,I also recommend you load nothing but FMJ
>>
>>31593933
Hollow-point is literally bad in .380 though. The cartridge may be capable, but fmj is superior considering the energy involved.
>>
>>31593934
do you conceal that little purple one in your colon?
>>
>>31594064
that's the sig p238, call it by it's name faggot
>>
>>31593509

I've posted this before.

Having a pistol -- when you need one -- is 99.5% of saving your life. the remaining 0.5% is caliber & bullet.
>>
>>31594064
I concealed it by giving it away because it's a garbage gun
>>
>>31593970
That may be true but it doesn't change the fact that pretty much all easily availble high quality ammunition options are hollowpoints.
Not only thay but I'm worried about over penetration not on rounds that strike your target but those that miss.
Shot placement is what matters most in a gunfight and I'm very certain that a few rounds of .380 will put someone down especially being that weaker rounds like .22 and .32acp kill people just fine.
Everyone likes to bring up the hypothetical scenario of a huge ass guy hugh as fuck on angel dust being a reason to carry higher penetrating but I'm not even sure 12 rounds of .45acp will drop someone like that unless they're instant killshots.
And to those people saying I should carry fmj .380s I ask you this; why aren't you carrying 10mm or .357 mag if energy is so important?
>>
>>31594221
This. The only time shooting some one is going to be a 'one shot stop' is if you hit the CNS

.380 is fine. Most people consider it the bare-minimum to a carry gun caliber size. Don't use hollowpoints because you want the better penetration FMJs have to offer, plus FMJs almost always feed better than hollowpoints so you don't have to worry about some fancy hollowpoint getting hung up on the feed ramp. The hollowpoints will be lighter because well, they have a cavity in them, and because .380 isn't the fastest moving slug so some say they lack the ability to reliably expand. If you're worried about it being s little underpowered, get some +p loads. 100grn hardcast +p from memealo bore perform great. Always try to get heavier ammo, like 95grn or 100grn and I think there are even 105grn out there too

I carry an LCP when deep concealment is a must with 100grn +p. LCP and an unclemikes holster and it literally looks like I just have my wallet in my front pocket, theres almost no way to tell it's there. Good enough for killing Archdukes anyways
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.