[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

In the neighborhood of buying a WASR 10/63. Only thing that concerns

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (143KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
143KB, 800x600px
In the neighborhood of buying a WASR 10/63.
Only thing that concerns me is the slight ware on the bolt. This is a slight indication of a slightly more used rifle.

The black coat on the outside of the bolt is beginning to show a little silver, while the bolt face is developing a silver ring. (Like whats pictured)
>1972 romanian army
>romanian guard furniture with a dong
>completely straight and the rivets show literally no sign of over tightening.
>current owner claims to have shot 400 rounds, no telling what this thing was doing back in the 70s.

Think this rifle is worth 650-700?
Should I be worried about the silver showing?
Also where do I look to see if its all matching except for the bolt, reciever, and dust cover?
>>
I would not pay more than 600 for a WASR in good shape
>>
that's probably from corrosive primers leaking a smidge of gas past. Czech the barrel and chamber for damage.
>>
>>31593469
>This is a slight indication of a slightly more used rifle.
I wouldn't settle for a used wasr bro.

Just wait for a mint condition wasr fresh of the line, works much better
>>
>>31593469
>Think this rifle is worth 650-700?

I remember getting mine for $475 pre sandy hook.

times have changed
>>
>>31593469
Soak it in clp. Let it sit. It's nothing anyway. If it rust its surface.

I don't know that your ready to buy an ak. Nit picking shit and all. You're going to drive your self crazy if you set your expectations way to high. Here's some advice:

1, rivets. Look over all rivets to make sure no gap is between under the rivet head and the receiver. Look inside for rivets too. Scope rail rivets, inside on the trunnion up front.

2, alignment is...never perfect. Perfection between the barrel housing, gas glock, and front sight post are going to never be dead nuts on. Nothing on an ak is perfectly squared up. You can come close, and good builds are. Century arms is hit or miss. But! Good news is the Romanians built these guns. They actually make a for the most part, a straight gun. I sold mine but it was straight as hell.

3, peening of the hammer, bolt, and other areas are normal wear. Only American cast parts are shit. Romania made good steel in those guns. Its in the design of all ak's that you will have peening and wear areas breaking in. You can smooth these out too and help speed the process. Areas like the hammer face and carrier tail will get it the most but with good steel the peening becomes work hardened and is self limiting. Unlike century arms in house bullshit. Internally the wasr is one ugly bitch but it has good steel.

Enjoy your wasr. Treat her like shit, she will take it.
>>
>>31593469
The trunion may say '72 but the rifle wasn't assembled until the late 90s-early 2000s, up until that point it was mearly a parts kit that sat around for years.
>>
>>31593496
Brosef, times have changed. New WASRs are $700 rifles.

Find me one for sale right now for less than $600 and I'll admit I was wrong.
>>
File: image.jpg (193KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
193KB, 768x1024px
>>31596878
I have seen a handful of nice WASRS posted on armslist recently. Under 600 is rare, but they ARE out there. If you truly want me to, i can link a wasr for 425, no armory mark, sthumbhole stock. Also saw a rommy g kit posted for 350

The standard rifle can cost up to 700 (however I believe that price should AT LEAST include a magazine or something along those lines.)

Im comfortable paying 700 for a quality wasr,
But only because I love their style, and I always had planned on 700 by the time I got of age.
>>
>>31594283
Nit picking? The fuck you talking about.
Literally the only thing im looking for here is
A nice AK variant. Preferably romanian with an armory mark before the 80s. ( the one in question fits that criteria)

Definately dont think its rust. Im going to go check it out in person soon hopefully. The pictures I requested were actually very clear. Its just the black coat is being rubbed off the rifle. Im just debating wether I should jump on this one or not.
Its a very well built AK, just shot a bit more than I was hoping for. I like to break my rifles in personally. (I suppose that just means this ones goodtogo)

Also the rivets seem to be some of the best ive looked at. The reciever shows literally no deformation like most do (even to a slight degree.)
Either way im going to have to check in person that they are also tight enough too.

Ps- another member mentioned corrosive ammo. Could that be the cause or is 700-900 rounds more likely?
>>
>>31596878
I bought mine for 350 2 days ago.
Only thing wrote g was it had an in and out burger straw in the stock
>>
>>31600179
Yeah good things never come off corrosive ammo. Its harsh shit. Post pics if you buy it. Enjoy.
>>
File: image.jpg (215KB, 840x960px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
215KB, 840x960px
>>31600207
>>31600207
Goddamn 350? From where?
I would love to see pics of this thing.

Ive been trying to find a wasr for that cheap a long time now.
Past 4 times at the gun show and not a single one that looked like it hadnt fought a war in the Congo. its rare that I even find one a year here. Becoming extremely rare rifles.
>>
>silver showing

That 400 rounds would wear the bluing off you autistic faggot

Its internal finish wear
Who fucking cares
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.