[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mexican senator proposes the portation of weapons outside houses

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 14

File: Screenshot_2016-10-07-10-58-48.png (332KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-10-07-10-58-48.png
332KB, 720x1280px
>With the propose that civilians be able to defend themselves and their families the PAN senator proposes an amendment to carry weapons in their cars and jobs

>"We are proposing to the Senate of the republic to modify the article 10 to allow a person not only have a weapon in their home but in their home and car" he explained

>He said that he knows that is a problematic initiative but one of the objectives is to make the delicuents know that if they try to rob/assault a home that they run the risk that a the person is armed and might use a weapon in self defense

TLDR: Mexican senator proposes to relax gun laws so people can carry weapons outside their home

What do you think /k/?
Or this is /pol/ material? Anyway if it is i wanna hear your opinion about this since /pol/ would be obvious shitposting.

Sorry if the translation is weird, i did the best i could.
>>
In Mexico there's not even the excuse that "lol, the police will protect u, u don't need a gun XD"
>>
In my opinion i wouldn't trust the average Mexican with a weapon, not because cartel or corruption but mostly because i know they wouldn't be used correctly.
Im sure there will be a lot of cases where someone kills another in a party just because someone got angry.

So far we are allowed to use .22, .357 and .38 pistols, up to 12g, but only for home and ranch defense, transporting crops and food under special cases and in security related jobs.

No "military weapons" such any on 7.62 or explosives.

On the other hand i think its a really good idea since we are going to have gun schools about how give them maintenance, safety rules and how use it before being able to get a permit to be able to carry them outside your home.

Also i hope it reduces range prices.
>1 month subscription is $550 in the only one in 150km
>>
>>31592069
>In the US the same people who want to say you don't need a gun because the police will protect us are the same people who say the Police can't be trusted with guns and will shoot you for not being white
>>
>>31592205
"Military weapons" also means 9mm and .45 ACP.
>>
>>31592205
>i wouldn't trust the average person because i know they wouldn't be used correctly.
>there will be a lot of cases where someone kills another in a party just because someone got angry.
With that attitude you'd be a Hillary voter.
>>
>>31592205
>$550/month range fees

No fucking way. If that's true Carlos Slim must be the only person legally going to the range in Mexico.
>>
File: 1430261349834.gif (932KB, 245x150px) Image search: [Google]
1430261349834.gif
932KB, 245x150px
>>31592205
>$550 a month in range fees
This better be in pesos and not burger dollars, Jose. Otherwise that's fucking outrageous.
>>
>>31592037
Sounds great, I think Mexicans would appreciate being able to carry to hinder cartel violence.

But more importantly, they need rifles for their homes and communities.
>>
>>31592262
Not exactly, its just what the average Mexican would do.

>>31592373
There are no other ranges around in kilometers, is pretty much for rich people only.
They are cheaper in the south i assume but i have never checked but that is the price in the closest to me.

Next one is in the capital of my state and is really far away but only $250, too far to be worth it.
>>
holy shit, this is great. we need more gun friendly countries badly, and of all the places where civilians need to defend themselves cartel ridden mexico seems like the place where its needed badly
>>
>>31592373

You get that kind of fee in ranges outside of the States. Only the rich and their bodyguards go there, and they like it that way - the money keeps out the poors and lets the gun range afford whatever fees and bribes it needs to pay to keep operating.

One day you'll see that shit here.
>>
The fucked up thing is your guys constituition has a guarantee to the right of arms verdad?
>>
it would be awesome if mexico became more gun friendly, imagine the new market of hispanic firearms we could get access to instead of just american and european and milsurp from everywhere else
>>
>>31592260
but you're allowed to own 9mm
>>
>>31592566
Not exactly.
9mm is considered a military caliber too.
>>
>>31592440
Damn Paco, that's terrible. My private range fees are $75 per YEAR.
>>
From what I read the firearm has to be .380 caliber and lower, and has to be picked up from a military base. It's just a long arduous process to end up getting one, and what's the point if you can't carry the thing around.
>>
>>31592205
>550 burgers for 1 month
Jesus christ that's 491 yuros
Even clubs run by high class fudds don't ask more than 50 yuros yearly over here
>>
>>31592440
>Not exactly, its just what the average Mexican would do.
>self loathing Mexican who wants to be Mr. Super Cracker

If you change gun laws, you change gun culture you dipshit.
>>
just like the civilian defense groups, all they'll be doing is walking into an execution and giving more weapons to gangsters.
>>
>>31592440
>Not exactly, its just what the average Mexican would do.
Yeah, see, this is exactly the wrong way of thinking about it if you want laws and culture to change. You're making the argument against yourself for the antiguns.
>>
File: 140899144322.jpg (242KB, 800x680px) Image search: [Google]
140899144322.jpg
242KB, 800x680px
Now if only they'll make it so SEDENA doesn't have a monopoly on everything maybe we can start talking about removing narco.
>>
>>31592537
Yeah, the right to own... under the regulations of another book .
>>31593372
Private reselling is legal though, so many people throug all the loops and legally resell it with a gigantic markup.
>>
>>31593872
elaborate pls, i dont know much about mexico
>>
>>31592205
>Im sure there will be a lot of cases where someone kills another in a party just because someone got angry.
Maricón, that shit already happens because lots of shitters carry illegally.

>No "military weapons" such any on 7.62 or explosives.
The constitution also considers, bayonets, lances and sabers as weapons of war...

Anyway, it'd be a lulzy development if they started selling shitty chink guns (at HK prices because if high risk financees) at Electra, Coppel and those places, lmao.
>>
>>31593948
The only licensed gunshop is on Mexico City and is run by the army. All legal funs come from there, both imported and manufactured in Country.
>>
File: 1402680753231.png (1MB, 2000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
1402680753231.png
1MB, 2000x3000px
>>31593948
It's pretty much how >>31593372 says. Fill some forms, pay a lot of fees, and travel all the way to the country's capital city to the Secretary of National Defense HQ to get your overpriced peashooter. After that it must stay in your home according to the law. Not that the law matters much around here.
>>
>>31592069
Dumb leftists say that regardless of what country you're in
>>
>>31594052
>>31594009
i occasionally see news from mexico of small groups of villagers forming milities/vigilante groups to deter cartels, are these guys ever punished or acknowledged by the mexican gov? i would think theyd jump hard on a group of civies wielding their guns out and about like that
>>
File: 1435066978757.gif (457KB, 600x470px) Image search: [Google]
1435066978757.gif
457KB, 600x470px
>>31594141
Yeah. The government goes in, disarms the civilians, and the cartels take back the town.

No, I'm not kidding.
>>
File: me11.jpg (22KB, 397x398px) Image search: [Google]
me11.jpg
22KB, 397x398px
>>31594281
:c

do the federalis give the cartel high fives on their way out?
>>
>>31592037
He's gonna get killed by the cartel soon is what I think
>>
First antigun popped out, his name is Luna Canales from PRI.
He is talking about what he "thinks" about it and how it "might" affect the population, that less guns should exist

Also about weapons of "Big/Strong/Thick caliber", which wont be allowed but he still keeps talking about them.

>“Al contrario de armar, tenemos que desarmar a todas las personas que en nuestro país tengan armas de fuego”
>"Instead of arming, we have to desarm all people in our country that have weapons."
Sounds familiar no?
>>
>>31594440
>Desarm
Disarm*
>>
>>31592037
>number of confiscated guns at the border quadruples
>>
>>31592037
i can only see this to backfire and make it only easier to arm the cartels. even with easy access to firearms, civilians aren't going to arm themselves. they fear the gangs and especially of targeted assassinations or getting, brutally butchered for country to see. on the other hand the cartels can now rob or corrupt officials at home to buy off or steal weapons from. biggest problem in mexico doesn't stem from weapons but political instability and lack of government security/control.
>>
File: image.gif (400KB, 488x519px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
400KB, 488x519px
>>31594052
>Pic
DELETE THIS
>>
>>31594387
It honestly wouldn't surprise me.
>>
>>31593131
I remember a thread while ago where an anon was finally getting his cary gun. He had a government link showing which firearms models he can carry and the type of ammo it came, I swore I saw 9mm parabellum and .40 S&W there
>>
>>31594566
>What are autodefensas
The fucking Cartel already runs the illegal arms business. Fucking hell, they're already trading with the local gangs here in PR
>>
>>31594621
But FX-05 is a lovely girl. Despite looking like a HKG36 the firing mechanism is completely different.
>>
>>31594698
all of my want, how2cop????
>>
>>31592537

The constitution of the United States of Mexico allows its citizens to keep and bear arms for both self defense and the preservation of the republic. The law says:

"The inhabitants of the United Mexican States are entitled to have arms of any
kind in their possession for their protection and legitimate defense, except such as are
expressly forbidden by law, or which the nation may reserve for the exclusive use of the
army, navy, or national guard; but they may not carry arms within inhabited places without
complying with police regulations."

And the 1971 Federal Law on Firearms and Explosives prohibits the ownership of "military" calibers and weapons of war by anyone other than the Armed Forces of Mexico.

The law mentions specific calibers that are and aren't allowed, but the choices are further constricted by the DCAM's inventory as it's the only legal gun shop in Mexico.

Funny thing is sabers, lances, bayonets and cannons and their ammunition are considered weapons of war, but submarines aren't. From what I've heard from a primo of mine in the army, certain breeds of horses used to be considered "weapons of war".
>>
File: 1453854173900.jpg (42KB, 499x665px) Image search: [Google]
1453854173900.jpg
42KB, 499x665px
>>31594440
>First antigunner pops up
>From PRI

Why am i not even surprised
>>
>>31594623
thats rough anon, at least here in the us our government kicked out all the organized crime so only they can push us around but if you live in a good state they'll back you up against big brother
>>
>>31594747
>except such as are
expressly forbidden by law

And that's why Shall not be infringed is important.
>>
File: o-enrique-pena-nieto-facebook1.jpg (109KB, 1440x400px) Image search: [Google]
o-enrique-pena-nieto-facebook1.jpg
109KB, 1440x400px
>>31594752

>"Ayo Kike, our country is devastated by insecurity and the police can't protect our citizens,the cartels outgun the army and there are entire areas of the country where the government has lost all pretense of control, should we give the plebs guns to defend themselves?"

>"Nah mayne, what we need is to take everyone's guns"

>"But we already did that in '71"

>penanietosfacewhen
>>
>>31594810
he'll get what's coming to him
>>
>>31594440
PRD is pretty antigun too.

>>31594634
There's a public spreadsheet with SEDENA's funshop inventory. It also lists items for LEOs and gov so that's why there are guns in restricted calibers there.
>>
File: image.jpg (116KB, 1135x749px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
116KB, 1135x749px
>>31594698
No, fook u, Galil will never let filthy Mexicans smelly burro schlongs in her magazine well. But I would totally bang an FX-05
>>
>>31594657
and throwing more guns at them won't make things better considering people are already too scared to fight the cartel. if this does happen i imagine greater amounts of public executions and brutality to shut down all thoughts of vigilantism.
>>
>>31594880
The point of being able to carry weapons outside your home was to be able to defend yourself against robbers, people trying to steal your car, kidnapping and assaults, which are common in most part of mexico.
Not exactly to defend yourself from cartel.

Hell if 8 soldiers weren't able to defend themselves armed with G3s no normal people will be able to do it with low caliber weapons and really low amount of training and experience.
>>
>>31594880

It might sound like I'm talking out of my ass, but cartels are pussies.

They're only as brutal as they are to scare people into not fighting them. During the autodefensas fiasco, almost half of Michoacan was successfully taken back before the army went in an fucked everything sideways.

My dad owns a piece of land in the south, in Zetas territory. The landowners were tired of paying the Zetas for protection every month, bought some funs from an African dude and ran the cartel out of town. They haven't come back, and this was like 4 years ago.
>>
>>31594917
thats fair, but with accessibility of arms to both criminals and civilians, its hard to see that it would make the country any safer.
>>31594928
again most people wouldn't dare challenging the organized gangs, knowing theres a very real chance that they would get killed.
>>
>>31594987

It doesn't need to be "most" people. Some of the autodefensas weren't even 100 blokes strong.

Besides, there's a lot of people that have had enough of the cartels and the gangs. Trust me when I say if enough of these guys had guns then the crime in Mexico City would halve in a week, because like I said, cartels are pussies. So are gangs and individual crooks.

They feel big and powerful because they know they're the only ones with guns. I hate to use government slogans but "Los Buenos Somos Mas". If we got enough people armed, then the cartels would have literally no way to stay in power.
>>
>>31594880
People are scared only because they're unarmed. Don Alejo (look him up) managed to get a bunch of them with a Durrslayer and other Fuddtastic pieces.

And taking it out on the public is really against their better interest since most cartels were able to grow thanks to the public support obtained by gifts, parties and other random acts of charity.
>>
MEXICAN DUTERTE WHEN?
>>
>>31592037
I'mma need a sauce for this, if'n ya don't mind
>>
>>31593490
491 europoors a year sounds about right for my country.
>>
>>31595506
Not exactly that one but just google his name.

http://www.milenio.com/politica/armas-jorge_luis_preciado-pan-delincuencia_0_824917605.html
http://www.radioformula.com.mx/notas.asp?Idn=631647&idFC=2016
http://www.excelsior.com.mx/nacional/2016/10/07/1121137
http://www.forbes.com.mx/proponen-portar-armas-en-negocio-y-vehiculo/
http://diario.mx/Nacional/2016-10-06_60400173/proponen-permitir-armas-en-negocios-y-vehiculos/
http://www.elfinanciero.com.mx/nacional/senador-del-pan-propone-la-portacion-de-armas-para-legitima-defensa.html

And so on.
>>
>>31595506
http://www.animalpolitico.com/2016/10/senador-panista-armas-negocios-autos/
>>
File: Screenshot_20161007-163712.png (413KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20161007-163712.png
413KB, 1440x2560px
>>31595506
The PAN coordinator has already announced that the party won't back him, that it's not a party initiative but rather a personal effort by the first senator in question.

http://www.animalpolitico.com/2016/10/pan-rechaza-preciado-iniciativa/
>>
>>31592373
Question, how much is a range subscription in the US?
>>
>>31598349
If your in a good state go out and find nice place with natural berm, otherwise it's pretty up in the air depending on where you are, in az the highest I've seen it is like ten bucks but I don't go to ranges all that often
>>
>>31594698
Lo Quiero
>>
>>31594747
>expressly forbidden by law
Nice law that Mexico has there. It's basically not a law at all.

>You can have freedom except when we say otherwise
>>
>>31594698
GIVE! Those would sell well in Syrupland.
>>
>>31598523
and since it's from a nation of brown people dudeweedlmao-man couldn't ban it
>>
>>31598349
Most states in the US have lots of free ranges on public/state land that we can enjoy year round. Also we have a lot of BLM land.

That's why there are so many /k/ meetups in America, plenty of free ranges and open land.
>>
>>31598489

That's basically how the entirety of Mexican rights are written.

>You can have X as long as we say so

Seriously fuck the Mexican government. My fiancee is from Coahuila and I considered moving there until she told me about how fucked the whole thing is.
>>
>>31592236
I see you have been on a state college campus
>>
File: Screenshot_20161008_170247.png (25KB, 669x303px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20161008_170247.png
25KB, 669x303px
>>31592341
>No fucking way. If that's true Carlos Slim must be the only person legally going to the range in Mexico.

Not really, no.

>you didn't think he meant American dollars... did you, anon-kun?
>>
>>31598349
shooters world in phoenix, a decent indoors range thats in a gunstore, is 240ish for one person. comes with free entrance into range, 10 percent discount on all purchase and other free jazz probably. outdoor ranges probably cheaper but as the other anons said theres quite a few free ranges and just fuck tons of public land that you can shoot on
Thread posts: 74
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.