[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you guys keep moisture out of your fun safes? My job

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6

File: SilicaGelPacket.jpg (17KB, 400x262px) Image search: [Google]
SilicaGelPacket.jpg
17KB, 400x262px
How do you guys keep moisture out of your fun safes?

My job allows me to acquire hundreds, maybe thousands of these silica packets and plastic cylinders within the matter of a week.

Should I cover the floor of my safe with these guys?
>>
>>31590934
no.

buy a pluggable dehumidifier. when the beads change color, you plug it in, they dry out, and you put it back in the safe.
>>
Arm&hammer baking soda
>>
>>31590934
sure, as long as it takes no work to accumulate. Can't beat free, and if they quit holding moisture you can microwave or put a cookie sheet of the shit in the oven and bake the water off.

I would put them in coffee filters or a type of clothe sack, you can also put them in ammo cans and shit too.
>>
I buy dessacent (sp) bags from the marine isle in my hardware store. Make my own packs with coffee filters and put those in my ammo boxes. Then put a giant dessacent bowl with room for water underneath at the bottom of my safe. Make sure water doesn't accumulate on the floor of your safe.
>>
File: IMG_0358.jpg (42KB, 300x380px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0358.jpg
42KB, 300x380px
OKAY
>>
>>31590934
actually how much moisture can those take before failing?
>>
>>31592861
no idea, but i can replace them with a fresh supply at any time
>>
>>31591440
Grandpa, you're alive!
>>
>>31592861
You can reset them by baking them at 250 F for an hour. I do have one of those $20 fancy Pelican silica packets for my rifle case and that's what's written on it.
>>
>>31590934
I store an open half full water bottle in there. Water attracts water due to surface tension so any moisture in the air goes into the bottle away from my funs.
>>
>>31591440
Hey same.
>>
I indoctrinate and make anti moisture propaganda.

With how dangerous and deadly firearms are suppose to be, surely they'll rise up and kill any moisture they see.

That's what the media told me.
>>
File: IMG_2626.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2626.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>31590934
I've got a job where computers come with these packets.
I've got 3 of these jugs in my safe full of loose silica.
This 4th one I have with me is about half full of loose silica, then I left a bunch in packets in case I need some that's not loose.
>>31593514
I've done that with a couple baking sheets in an oven, just kept opening the door now and again until things weren't fogging up any more. I think I did it for closer to two hours.
While I poured the wet stuff into the pan, I could see the color change in the top half of the jugs. The ones that had absorbed water were darker than the lower ones that were still snow white.
>>
Get a netal coffee can.

Pop a bunch of holes in it smaller than the silica beads.

Dump the package contents into the can.

Put lid on can so if you bump it you dont have beads everywhere.

Every 3 months dry them out by baking them at 250 for 3 hours.
>>
>>31590934
Store them in your wife's vagina. It's super dry I'm there.
>>
>>31590993
You can just microwave them to refresh them.
>>
File: 1475887508372-1465532547.jpg (874KB, 1920x1920px) Image search: [Google]
1475887508372-1465532547.jpg
874KB, 1920x1920px
Golden rod if you have a plug, one of these works well if not...
>>
File: eva dry.jpg (109KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
eva dry.jpg
109KB, 1920x1080px
> x2

I recharge each every month, but stagger them by two weeks so the safe always has one installed.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.