[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just moved to PA. It turns out I have to be a resident to buy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (374KB, 961x660px)
image.jpg
374KB, 961x660px
I just moved to PA. It turns out I have to be a resident to buy a gun here, and becoming a resident is a royal pain in the ass that involves gathering documents that I don't have. Thing is I really want to jump on these Beretta 92S pistols before the supply runs out and they go up in price.

Can I get it shipped to an FFL and have them store it for me until I have my paperwork in order or is there some dumb law against that too.
>>
File: dsc_0081.png (505KB, 1086x681px) Image search: [Google]
dsc_0081.png
505KB, 1086x681px
bump
>>
Put one on layaway while you gather docs.
>>
>>31589463
Are you a college student? Or can you qualify for dual state citizenship?
>>
>>31589531
http://www.southernohiogun.com/beretta-model-92s-9mm.html

This is the one I want. How do I put it on layaway?

>>31589540
No. I graduated college. I'm moved here and plan on staying here. I just don't have a PA drivers license and it's a major pain in the ass.
>>
>>31589463
Nope.

Just become a resident
>>
>>31589555
https://thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=540471

If any of that applies and you can find the FFL that understands then great. A lot of college gun shops will know that rule.
>>
>>31589463
>royal pain in the ass that involves gathering documents that I don't have

-birth certificate
-SS card
-valid ID from other state
-2 utility bills or a lease or whatever

how do you not have this stuff
>>
>>31589583
I have a lease but the utility bills are in my landlords name. That's the problem.
>>
>>31589463
Beretta's are shit tier pistols. That lever with the red dot on the slide? Thats the safety. Right where you pull to chamber a round. What could go wrong?
At 50ft, you have to cover the bulls eye with the front sight, or black area of a target. As opposed to sitting the bull on top of the front sight blade.

The trigger is shitty and the barrel fits loosely in the slide when in battery.

There are much better pistols out there for the same cost or less.
>>
>>31589555
FFL purchase only.
>>
>>31589678
like what.....let me guess Glock?

I hate Glocks. I'm sure they are good in the right hands, but I fucking hate them.
>>
>>31589678
I have never seen so much bullshit in one post. Like have you ever even held a 92 series pistol? The slide safety is a non issue. Also the only ones I have ever heard of are old US military ones that have been beat on, hard, for the last thirty years. If you are referring to the DA pull as shitty I don't know what to tell you since all DA are like that. Also the DA is fine if you have the length of pull. Which brings me on to my final point... I don't even know how to address the sights 'issue' since that is subject to the shooter..maybe get bigger hands you mantlet.
>>
All you fucking do is change your drivers license. The fuck? You signed your lease thats all you need. Hell here in new york i just told them any address and they didn't care. Should work the same there
>>
>>31589778
Ignore that faggot the 92 series is good. I'd also look on gunbroker. CDIsales has some Beretta 92F/FS's coming in. I bet if you email him before one of those auctions end and explain he would make amends for you if you won.
>>
>>31589590
PA bro here, they let you use any mail with your name and address on it over at Penndot. My gf used an cardboard box as proof of residence for her ID because of the UPS label
>>
File: Screenshot_20161007-100616.png (881KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20161007-100616.png
881KB, 1440x2560px
>>31589555
They are around. Call some shops and see what you can hook up.
>>
>>31589825
really? the website is very specific about only accepting lease forms and utility bills.
>>
>>31589862
Would a gun shop be more lenient? If I showed them some mail and some bills would the sell to me with an out of state liscence?
>>
>>31589920
Maybe not, but that's why you call. Find somewhere that would accept layaway with a deposit down while you get your paperwork together to do the actual transfer.
>>
PA resident here, I moved here when I was a kid, and my parents got their DL by walking into the DMV. What paperwork are you missing?

But yeah call ahead to a FFL and let them know, then when you have the ok buy the gun and have it sent there
>>
>>31589971
social security card. My parents have it somewhere but they haven't found it yet.

Also apparently I need utility bills or lease forms, but if it's true I can just use mail I'm good.
>>
>>31589920
No FFL will sell you a handgun if you're not a resident of that state, so if you have an out of state ID you're fucked.
>>
>>31590015
The lease and mail will be fine once you get the social security card. Just bring all that and your birth certificate to Penndot and you should be able to trade in your driver's license for a PA one
>>
>>31589463
>PA
>mandatory ffl transfers for private pistol sales
Kys
>>
>>31589555
It's retarded easy and worthwhile to switch licenses. Got two pieces of paper that state you live where you do? Got your social security card and passport or equivalent like an adult? That's all it takes. That and roughly 25 bucks.

Source; ex PA now SD fag

Also you cannot purchase a pistol through a store in most states without a licence for that state. You can purchase a pistol through private sale, you can purchase long arms. I bought a bunch of rifles before I bought my pistol. Had to switch for the pistol. Worth it.
>>
>>31589867
You must be a fucking illegal alien either that or confirmed for faggotry
>>
>>31589867
Literally any mail.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.