[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello, /k/. I'm in the process of building myself a cabin

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: broken gun.jpg (26KB, 800x339px) Image search: [Google]
broken gun.jpg
26KB, 800x339px
Hello, /k/.

I'm in the process of building myself a cabin innawoods, and setting up a reasonably sustainable living space for myself. Right now, I still have a regular apartment and job, but I intend to eventually go full hermit in my cabin and avoid heading into town if at all possible.

What I need are incredibly durable and easy to strip/troubleshoot firearms. I don't care how pretty they are, and I'm willing to trade 'comfort' for 'indestructible'.

Effectively, I want some guns that I can bring with me in the woods and that will easily last 10-15 years if need be without me heading into town (obviously with proper maintenance).

I'm not really interested in bringing more than 3 or 4 guns with me either, ideally

- a pistol/revolver
- a shotgun
- a hunting rifle
- a semi-auto rifle

Bonus points for cheap/plentiful ammo. I intend to get a handpress for reloads but I'm not looking to set up a bench and station or anything.
>>
glawk 19
mossberg 500 or Remington 870
Remington 700
>>
>>31588726
Glock 17/19
Mossberg 500
Mosin >inb4 Mosinfag
AK-47 (dirt cheap ammo)
>>
>>31588788
Fuck didn't see semi-auto mb
Ruger is good call
>>
>>31588736
>>31588788

I'm surprised to see Glocks. I know they're easy to strip, but I've never heard of people touting them for their durability. I've seen some Ruger, Browning, CZ, and HK torture tests though. I'll have a look.
>>
>>31588798
There's a decent Chuck Taylor G17 torture test out there.
>>
>>31588726
>- a pistol/revolver
Glock 17, 19 or 26.

>- a shotgun
mossberg 500

>- a hunting rifle
Mossberg® Patriot™

>- a semi-auto rifle
Windham Weaponry AR15s

>>31588798

>I'm surprised to see Glocks. I know they're easy to strip, but I've never heard of people touting them for their durability.

Glocks are about the most durable and reliable pistols in existence dude.
>>
>>31588726
Glock 40
Mossberg 500
SKS.

Ive heard if you take the piston out, the bcg will build chamber pressure like a bolt action. Anyone else hear that? Is that some fudd logic or legit?
>>
>>31588726
Sick takedown model brah
>>
So you'll stockpile 15 years of ammo for each gun?

And what are you planning to eat?
>>
File: 1391390694584.gif (1024KB, 242x227px) Image search: [Google]
1391390694584.gif
1024KB, 242x227px
>>31588798
>I know they're easy to strip, but I've never heard of people touting them for their durability

What have you been smoking? Glocks aren't the best pistols by a longshot, but they're durable and reliable. There's dozens and dozens of tests showing this, supported by the millions of people that buy and shoot them a lot. There's a TON of tests showing the long term durability of these simple plastic guns, like the classic test of this guy's 45 ACP glock with over 100k rounds, where he dropped it off a plane, and tortured the gun for years.

Seriously dude what.
>>
>>31588726
G20
Benelli Supernova since it can take 12-gauge 3.5" shells

And double up on the ammo for a good M1A since it'll fire .308 and a .308 will comfortably kill anything. Plus it's semi-auto so you have 19 shots afterward if you fuck up- not that you'll need more than maybe one or two.
>>
How are you building a cabin? What kind of guide are you using?
>>
>>31592785
I won't need much; not like I'll be randomly firing into the woods at random.

>>31593484
My old man is a carpenter and I've done my share of construction. Just going for a simple log cabin with a dug out foundation; not really using a guide. I could document it on youtube if people are interested. It'll probably take me a good six months, maybe eight.
>>
>>31593559
Are you far enough out that permits aren't a thing? One room? I'm interested in doing this myself
>>
>>31588726
>I intend to eventually go full hermit in my cabin and avoid heading into town if at all possible.

You'll eventually go completely fucking nuts. Just pull a Henry David Thoreau, and live in your shack, plant your food, and go to town once every few weeks or something...even just to replace your 4 year old undies with the elastic worn out.
>>
>>31588726
May I see a picture of the cabin, please?
>>
you should watch alone in the wilderness if you havent already
>>
>>31593598
It'll be on the eastern shore of Nova Scotia; no permits needed out there for a 12x16.

>>31593896
S'not build yet, lad.
>>
>- a pistol/revolver
Browning Hi-Power, CZ 75, 1911 (there are tons of good options)
>- a shotgun
Remington 870, Mossberg 500, Ithaca 37, or Benelli Nova. I personally wouldn't pick the Nova because I haven't shot with it much, and Mossbergs don't feel as nice to shoot.
- a hunting rifle
a Mauser or Mosin are both cheap enough and reliable, Remington 700 is good
- a semi-auto rifle
AR-15, AK-74, AKM, 10/22, G3, M1A (I would use an AK-74 and a 10/22, but everything up there I have experience with and would reccomend)
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.