[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Going to buy a gas mask incase SHTF, mustard gas, tear gas E

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6

Going to buy a gas mask incase SHTF, mustard gas, tear gas ETC. Do you guys think this one is alright?
.http://ca.msasafety.com/Air-Purifying-Respirators-(APR)/Full-Face-Masks/CBRN-and-Riot-Control-Gas-Masks/p/000050001700001500
>>
File: smatten.png (130KB, 358x403px) Image search: [Google]
smatten.png
130KB, 358x403px
>>31588643
i know im not dressing your question, but mustard gas is skin contact, so good luck with only a gas mask
>>
>>31588643
If it comes to chem warfare you are fucked no matter what you use.
But whatever makes you feel safe.
>>
>>31588660

Except you only partially responded to my question. Let me ask it again to you. Tear gas is very commonly used in riot control situations, is this mask fully covered for those chemicals?
>>
>>31588671
>tear gas
I thought a basic bitch full face 3M mask with the right filters can suffice?
>>
>>31588643
just wrap a rag have someone piss all over your face m8
>>
>>31588739

Didn't know /K/ was this autistic.
>>
Any full mask with a good seal is gtg, you should worry more about using the correct filter.
For CS gas, a 2-liter, rug and urine will do.
For exploded chem plant you want the filter according to what is produced and gtfo.
For exploded reactor or nukes you want a particle and reactor filter along with the weather forecast and a radiometer.
For fires you want a rebreather or respirator.
For chemical weapons you want the biggest, bestest filter along with a proper crbn suit, decon team, crbn detectors, autoinjectors... aka don't be there.
>>
File: 8492_3.jpg (316KB, 935x600px) Image search: [Google]
8492_3.jpg
316KB, 935x600px
https://www.google.de/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.draeger.com/sites/assets/PublishingImages/Segments/Industry/APR_Online_Training/Docs/filter_selection_guide_br_9046529_en.pdf&ved=0ahUKEwi1tZXAt8jPAhUCvBoKHXqFBsMQFggfMAA&usg=AFQjCNGxueacceB7zjqGOzOrTxurPd8ZQw&sig2=qPifrpy8E5ZUIig-g_di0A

Here, look up which Filter you need.
>>
>>31588643
If its for common irritants and chems, get an assortment of filters. Thats the key here. If you are really worried, get an SCBA with an extra tank or two and appropriate suit. I dont know much about the right kind of suit to wear, but SCBA is basically scuba gear without the underwater considerations.
>>
>>31588671
Basically all military filters will protect you from cs gas, you're good there. Other than that, see above.
>>
File: p_EZAIR_002.jpg (117KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
p_EZAIR_002.jpg
117KB, 1000x1000px
>>31588643
If you have money I recommend an AVON C50 with EZ AIR PAPR setup.Not low vacuum rated like SCBA is but at that point you only have as much air as the tank holds left to live anyways. system costs around 1200.00 and is the lightest positive pressure system out there. If your running and gunning,then you want breathing assistance otherwise you will collapse from sweat and exhaustion alone. How do I know this try MOPP 4 Red for 12 hrs in the middle of a 110 degree flightline. Always pick comfort when it comes to gas masks.
>>
>>31588643
IF the filter is in a SEALED pouch and everything else checks out you MAY be okay with this purchase. buyer beware,OP.
>>
I always wonder in these kinds of threads how many people give thought to detection or decon.

Protective gear doesn't work if you don't wear it, and without proper detection gear, you won't know to put it on.

Without decon setups you won't be able to take your gear off without contaminating yourself.
>>
>>31588643
Why are you lumping tear gas and mustard gas in the same sentence?
>>
>>31588765
Oh my sweet, sweet summerchild.
>>
>>31588739
When cholrine gas was first introduced in World War One a piss covered cloth was the only way effective way to prevent inhalation since gas masks had yet to be introduced.
>>
File: How to survive among the dead.jpg (2MB, 1969x1703px) Image search: [Google]
How to survive among the dead.jpg
2MB, 1969x1703px
>>31588643
>>
Get a basic 3m civilian respirator with a mask and you're good to go. Filters for them are generally a lot more common and standardized so they're better for shtf.
>>
>>31589533
What you're looking for is called a Level A suit, which is the full body/fully enclosed type. They suck to wear though and good luck getting of of you by yourself without getting contaminated
>>
I'll stick with my GP-5.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.