[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright, /k/. What Vehichles and weapons would be the best choice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 98
Thread images: 25

Alright, /k/. What Vehichles and weapons would be the best choice to take down a Kaiju? I'm assuming an A10 would be on the list of musts, but what else?
>>
>>31588340
Nigga they can swipe jets. They biochem time bombs, You gotta punch till it second brain rattles.
>>
>>31588371
>implying the A10 would fly low enough to get swiped
>implying the movie wasn't shit when it came to jets
>>
File: Godzilla Legendary.jpg (114KB, 1201x665px) Image search: [Google]
Godzilla Legendary.jpg
114KB, 1201x665px
An even bigger Kaiju
>>
>>31588481
the movie didn't really make much sense. even a big ass robot isn't going to hit something harder than the pressure wave from a high enough yield thermobaric bomb
>>
File: thread.jpg (44KB, 396x382px) Image search: [Google]
thread.jpg
44KB, 396x382px
Entirely depends on how Mary Sue the particular Kaiju is.

in real life, nature would kill a kaiju before it was even out of adolescence because of the square cubed law.

ignoring that, any munition that can punch through a foot of hardened steel would be sufficient. it's a living creature, it will die if you poke holes in it.

If for some bullshit Mary Sue reason it's AP proof, well, it doesn't matter. you're already dead.
>>
Casaba Howitzers obviously.
>>
>>31588492
>even a big ass robot isn't going to hit something harder than the pressure wave from a high enough yield thermobaric bomb
Point of big-ass robot is to hit that particular Kaiju, not everything around like thermobaric bomb. Collateral damage, bro.
>>
Anti-aircraft guns.
>>
In the worst case scenario it is not going to have hide that much tougher than a medieval castle, so anything that could penetrate that.

A secondary question is if it goes the Pacific Rim/Godzilla/xenomorph route and all the blood it spills is incredibly toxic/acidic/radioactive so you preferably wouldn't just pop it open. Strafe with gas, perhaps? A creature that big is probably breathing an awful lot.
>>
>>31588340
400mm APFSDS salvos from huge battleships

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dg-cNmLRgiU
>>
>>31588340
>Alright, /k/. What Vehichles and weapons would be the best choice to take down a Kaiju?

well you certainly would not be building a wall around the pacific ocean the size of an artifical mountain range. what you would do is place a swarm of intelligent and remote controlled nuclear mines/torpedos in a grid around the dimensional rift where the monsters come through. once they detect one, a mine or more would target it independetly and nuke it while the rest of the swarm would move away out of the blast zone.
>>
>>31588499
>in real life, nature would kill a kaiju before it was even out of adolescence because of the square cubed law.

Dinosaurs, mang.
Square cubed law says you canĀ§t just scale up shit and need to redesign to support the weight as well as not to go full retard.
But something that is heavy and big is still perfectly possible.
>>
File: yourfile.jpg (110KB, 640x323px) Image search: [Google]
yourfile.jpg
110KB, 640x323px
>>31588340
/thread

seriously, why didn't they just keep using nukes?
>>
>>31588340
10mm
>>
>>31589382
Kaijus always went to the cities, you would destroy an entire city just to kill the kaiju that wanted to destroy it.
Plus, in the movie it took three nukes to kill the first kaiju
Now, back to /tv/
>>
File: dragon-dildos-1323803973.JPG.jpg (105KB, 620x465px) Image search: [Google]
dragon-dildos-1323803973.JPG.jpg
105KB, 620x465px
There just big dragons, so all you need are dragon dildos.

Crackers would probably stop any lady kaiju.
>>
>>31589382

>seriously, why didn't they just keep using nukes?

Because there is an infinite number of kaiju. More and more keep coming out of the portal, and so the idea is that if you keep nuking them, eventually you'll kill your own planet in the process of fighting the kaiju. Keep in mind, the government has tried nuking the portal before and it simply didn't work. The only way to kill the portal is to somehow go to the other side and THEN detonate a bomb.
>>
>>31589470
>implying a giant sea creature won't be detected before it attacks
>>
>>31588499
Congrats on discovering TV Tropes homie but that's not what a Mary Sue is
>>
File: horror.jpg (107KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
horror.jpg
107KB, 1200x900px
>>31588340
Why don't we just build a wall to keep them out?
>>
File: rodsfromgod.jpg (30KB, 360x360px) Image search: [Google]
rodsfromgod.jpg
30KB, 360x360px
>>31589495
this doesn't sound like such a bad idea now
>>
>>31589497

The government in the pacific-rim-verse is actually pretty competent overall. Once they discovered that nuking the portal didn't work, they rigged sonar detectors to it so they immediately know when something new is coming.

It's actually made pretty clear that the Kaiju weren't even a very big threat initially. They'll only become a threat because:

1. Each new kaiju is bigger than the previous one.

2. They are essentially infinite and so they won't stop coming. So much money has been spent fighting them that by the time the movie begins, the entire planet is simply drained of resources. The Kaiju are winning through attrition because the amount of money required to keep jaegars running is simply unsustainable.
>>
>>31589285
Dinosaurs were never the size of a Kaiju (well, cinema kaiju. the word is actually fairly broad outside of cinema)
No, There is a threshold for bones to grow too, a threshold for a heart to pump blood. You need a complete redesign, and just giving it fat legs isn't enough. maybe a colossal land squid with some bullshitonium material for muscles could get bigger than the largest dinosaurs.
>>
>>31589545
>the entire planet is simply drained of resources

So either way they don't win? Great.
>>
>>31589501
Godzilla is a perfect example of a Mary Sue. it has no flaws, it is unkillable and will always win.

Try again, your attempt to appear intelligent on the internet has failed.
>>
>>31589551
>you just need to redesign!
Nature/evolution doesn't work like that
>>
>>31589610
godzilla is a mary sue

kaiju are not mary sues
>>
>>31589610
godzilla looses and dies several times mate.
>>
>>31589569
Well, yeah. That's kind of how "end of the world" scenarios work.
>>
>>31589635
exactly, tardo.

follow the conversation.
>>
>>31589610
Godzilla was killed in the very first movie and it's lost in others before. Watch more Godzilla movies dumb fuck.
>>
>>31589639
Godzilla is a kaiju. pacific rim didn't make the word up.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kaiju#Japanese
>>
>>31589470
The pop up from the same spot in the middle of the pacific every time. Mine the shit, park a carrier group 100km out and call it a fucking day.
>>
>>31589655
no shit genius

Godzilla is the star of the movie. He is unkillable for this reason

The Kaiju in pacific rim are just difficult to kill to advance the plot of fighting robots
>>
>>31589610
No, that's just an uncompelling character. A Mary Sue is an idealized self-insert of an author, not just any invincible character.

Think Jack Ryan in Clancy books.
>>
>>31589653
>>31589640
not that guy, but Godzilla is usually a different animal each movie, and is entirely dependent on the director. sometimes he's bullshit and other times he's bullshit till the ending where the JSDF kills it.
>>
>>31589639
>godzilla is a mary sue
No

>>31589686
>>
>>31589686

>Think Jack Ryan in Clancy books.

I was about to argue but then I remembered he actually becomes the fucking president in later books. Because a CIA spook is totally going to be able to run for president.
>>
>>31589690
>not that guy, but Godzilla is usually a different animal each movie, and is entirely dependent on the director. sometimes he's bullshit and other times he's bullshit till the ending where the JSDF kills it.

there is a vague continuitiy between the japanese movies.
>>
>>31589674
>depends on the kaiju
>kaiju are not mary sues
>Godzilla is a Kaiju
>the Kaiju of this particular movie are not mary sues
>thus, depends on the kaiju
please pay attention.
>>
>>31589686
Being a self insert isn't a mary sue, it's how the self insert is portrayed that does. it applies to all bullshit characters.
>>
>>31589698

Not just a CIA spook. An ex history-professor\ (would-have-been-a-war-hero-butlololcopter) marine officer who was able to become a spook because he was independently wealthy enough from his super stock trading skills that he could afford to work for the government and his country needs him dammit.

That's why he's the best example.
>>
>>31589726
No, it's a bullshit invincible character that is a self-insert. You need both for the label to apply. It's technically possible to have a self-insert without it being a Mary Sue, I guess, but I can't think of a good example.
>>
I'm surprised no one has said ac-130 yet, all they need to do is have two circle the kaiju and rain down hellfire until they run out of fuel or ammo, that mixed with strafeing runs by a-10s and c-130s dropping literal tons of napalm cooking it alive should do the trick
>>
>>31589787
>You need both for the label to apply.
I didn't realize Mary Sue had a page in an internet dictionary that everyone agreed on ahead of time.
>>
File: Granit Missile.jpg (38KB, 557x412px) Image search: [Google]
Granit Missile.jpg
38KB, 557x412px
>>31589794
a Granit with a meager 5kt warhead would be enough to kill even the strongest kaiju, the 180m something tall slattern.
>>
>>31589805
Today you learned that certain formations of letters when combined together have specific meaning. This is called language. This is a big day for you.
>>
>>31588492
While that may be, it does make for a much less interesting movie
>>
>>31589846
Again, just googling the word and it'll give you different definitions on what can be a Mary Sue. not one says it HAS to be a self insert.

But let me guess, your word is LAW, eh?
>>
>>31588340
This is real easy. Get the biggest CAT dump trucks then position them like roller skates and drive it into a secret black ops base for some "secret testing"

There is literally nothing that the Pentagon can't find a way to rape to death.
>>
>>31589805
Well... Yeah
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary_Sue
>>
>>31589856
Look at where the phrase comes from, the term has definitely expanded slightly to the point where it's any type of wish-fulfillment character without being an author insert. It has not expanded enough to include a radio active dinosaur.

This is what happens when people widely misapply a new word they like but poorly understand.
>>
>>31589941
Are you fucking dumb?

Being a monster doesn't stop it from being a character in fiction. and if that character is capable of being a bullshit character, it's a mary sue.

The word isn't even new, it's from the 70s. look, i know you're trying to impress anons on the internet, but you're only shrinking your epeen.
>>
>>31588340

Why do you want to hurt the giant pangolin anon?

>#PangolinLivesMatter
>>
>>31589966
You're getting pretty riled, there boss. There is no definition of Mary Sue that would include Godzilla. Learn what words mean before you try to use them and you can avoid looking so silly.
>>
File: 1345282634040.gif (143KB, 261x432px) Image search: [Google]
1345282634040.gif
143KB, 261x432px
ITT: /k/ discusses biology and kaiju mythos.
>>
File: slattern.jpg (2MB, 2480x1908px) Image search: [Google]
slattern.jpg
2MB, 2480x1908px
>>31588340
Why contain it?
>>
>>31588911
>Collateral damage, bro
Did you even watch that retarded movie? The kaiju all wade out of the ocean. Miles of opportunity to bomb them with zero collateral damage.
>>
>>31588966
Robot that burrows through its eyeball and pops in its brain stem.
>>
>Dipshits on /k/ think that their one solution plan would work

A huge part of the movie was that the kaiju kept evolving against the defenses that the humans put up. If they tried to park their asses right at the portal, the other side would just design a kaiju that can haul ass past the carrier before it can do anything.

Jaegers worked because it was some motherfuckers outright fist-fighting the monsters. The Kaiju couldn't escape them because they had already reached their target cities, it was destroy shit or die. And jaegers used dirty fighting or straight slugging, whatever worked. For the Kaiju, it was easy to evolve against the human strategy, just keep making bigger stronger monsters can can punch bigger holes. The problem was the human tactics, the Kaiju couldn't fucking deal with a giant robot coming out and fighting it they're in a cage match. Physical attributes could be changed on the Kaiju, but it's hard to genetically program "block the fucking punch, idiot".
>>
File: 1445569743266.jpg (32KB, 497x500px) Image search: [Google]
1445569743266.jpg
32KB, 497x500px
>>31588340
>I'm assuming an A10 would be on the list of musts, but what else?
>>
>>31589495
>More and more keep coming out of the portal, and so the idea is that if you keep nuking them, eventually you'll kill your own planet in the process of fighting the kaiju.
We have detonated over 2000 nukes so far with no ill effect. The US has detonated over 500 nukes in a small section of the Southwestern US alone, with an increase in background radiation of a mere +0.3%. The nuclear fear is for ignorant people.

>>31589670
>The pop up from the same spot in the middle of the pacific every time. Mine the shit, park a carrier group 100km out and call it a fucking day.
This, 1000x this. Have a couple subs with nuke torpedoes stationed nearby as an extra measure and keep it mined with nuke torpedoes. Would work far better than the stupid robot or wall ideas.
>>
File: 2511.png (30KB, 166x165px) Image search: [Google]
2511.png
30KB, 166x165px
>>31591495
>calling others dipshits
>posts this absolute drivel
>>
>>31591542
Nice reaction, here's your (you).
>>
>>31588911
>Point of big-ass robot is to hit that particular Kaiju, not everything around like thermobaric bomb. Collateral damage, bro.
Someone doesn't have a clue about the actual effects of conventional munitions, particularly penetrators, I see.
>>
File: 5201cc7cafa96f50df000060.jpg (47KB, 400x249px) Image search: [Google]
5201cc7cafa96f50df000060.jpg
47KB, 400x249px
There is NO WAY that genetically-engineered, multi-dimensional monster hide can somehow withstand an AMERICAN nuclear bomb. Not if I have anything to say about it!
>>
File: image.jpg (142KB, 900x636px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
142KB, 900x636px
A few dozen of these. With armor piercing shells.
>>
File: V6GHcww.jpg (241KB, 1256x1051px) Image search: [Google]
V6GHcww.jpg
241KB, 1256x1051px
>>31591713
Depending on which parts of the scattered movie lore you believe, Romeo Blue was kind of a stationary jaeger. Some movie stuff implies he just moves super slow, but there are pictures of him with the tripod set-up.
>>
I thought it was fucking retarded of them to not equip Jaegers with swords since the beginning. Like what the fuck nigga
>>
File: Pr-gipsy-chainsword-deployed.jpg (258KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Pr-gipsy-chainsword-deployed.jpg
258KB, 1920x1080px
>>31592003
In all fairness it was a pretty advanced fucking sword, they probably didn't have good enough battle tech to strap one to the first-gen models, unless they wanted to just strap a sharpened 70 ft steel beam onto their arm. Not to mention the fact that mobility was a big issue with the first couple jaegers. Brawler Yukon didn't have much room for one, either.
>>
File: Brawler_Yukon.jpg (112KB, 516x446px) Image search: [Google]
Brawler_Yukon.jpg
112KB, 516x446px
>>31592092
Brawler Yukon
>>
>>31592092
My issue is that I dont know any of the lore other than what I saw in the movie, but even a sheet of reinforced steel would have been more effective than using fists like Cherno Alpha

On another note, aren't they making a second movie?
>>
File: image.jpg (99KB, 640x541px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
99KB, 640x541px
/thread
>>
>>31589222
The wall could work if instead of building it along the coast you just dumped all the concrete on top of the rift.
>>
>>31588340
Toyota Hilux

If the middle east can do with them what they are, why the fuck aren't we?
>>
File: Jing-Tian-Headshot-700x455.jpg (42KB, 700x455px) Image search: [Google]
Jing-Tian-Headshot-700x455.jpg
42KB, 700x455px
>>31592219
Yeah. It was cancelled at first, but when the Chinese bought Lionsgate they put it back into production. Hopefully it'll be in the same, but I wouldn't doubt there being a fuckton more pro-china shit. At least defending the Hong Kong Shatterdome is pro-chinese enough.

Also, I fucked up talking about Brawler Yukon not being able to have a sword. That jaeger specifically had blades on its arms. I think the sword vs. fists thing is just dealing with the evolution of the monsters. Thicker hide makes cutting less optimal, resulting in a greater need for blunt force trauma, smashing its way through their organs and bones. Maybe the reason the chainsword worked on Otachi (that flying fucker) is because it needed thinner skin to sustain flight or something. At this point there's enough room to bullshit excuses so I'll leave it at that.

pic related is one of the new chinese actresses to be introduced in the second film.
>>
>>31588340
16 inch naval cannons obviously
>>
>>31588340
so fighter jets with bunker busters fired from miles away from above would not shred them why exactly?
>>
>>31592219
Is there any other info other than the movie though? I literally can't find any and I'd love to read some.
>>
>>31594525
http://pacificrim.wikia.com/wiki/Pacific_Rim:_Tales_From_Year_Zero

and an upcoming comic book

http://pacificrim.wikia.com/wiki/Pacific_Rim:_Tales_from_the_Drift
>>
File: 1375877848920.jpg (247KB, 1280x700px) Image search: [Google]
1375877848920.jpg
247KB, 1280x700px
Kaiju Blue.

It seemed to be the main reason that ballistic, edged and explosive weapons took a backseat to punching things with robots.

Maybe coating the head of a kaiju in napalm, or something like it, would burn long enough tho deprive a kaiju of oxygen. If that is how they breathe, and if they need oxygen that readily, seeming to be partly marine and all.
>>
>>31594580
Just hit it with HESH rounds.
>>
>>31594022

They should of carried giant spiked maces then. Can do blunt damage, can do crippling damage if hit on the joints. A spike can puncture thick hide. Plus it'd give them some reach too.
>>
>>31594735
Giant improvised clubs work alright. Kaiju are pretty capable of yanking them away though.
>>
>>31589686
or bond
>>
>>31588340
Anti bunker bombs
Gauss cannons
>>
>>31594852
>Gauss cannons
railguns work better big.
gause works better as a handgun or on ifws maybe.
>>
>>31594908
>railguns work better big.
Depends on how big you're talking. Anything larger than standard artillery or naval artillery guns would work better as a coil gun.
>>
>>31594488

Gotta hit the fuckers. From standoff distance they might not be able to glide the GBUs onto a moving target.
>>
>>31589551
I was agreeing with you until you brought the bullshit about squids, a creature even less suited for such purposes.
>>
>>31594970
>Anything larger than standard artillery or naval artillery guns would work better as a coil gun.
wrong
the large coil guns are multi-segmented by necessity very hard to pull the timing off with those voltage and amper values. railguns can be scaled arbitrarily big they don't have timing issues they have capacities issues but they can be easily made multi-segmented.

coil guns really just better at personal size where railguns smoke and chaff and plasma and the power they require would be too much. coilguns are silent and have hardly any visual cues to firing.
>>
>>31589285
The atmosphere was much more oxygen rich back then.
>>
End-all-be-all of beyond-horizon anti-kaiju weaponry.
>>
>>31596075
wrong it was much more co2 and methane rich
>>
File: image.jpg (352KB, 1920x1024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
352KB, 1920x1024px
Bumping
>>
File: image.png (4KB, 550x159px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
4KB, 550x159px
Landkreuzer P. 1500 Monster
>>
File: canyoudigit.jpg (8KB, 267x189px) Image search: [Google]
canyoudigit.jpg
8KB, 267x189px
>>31596220
this would actually be a realy good plan. just have a fleet of these launching guided tomahawks at them. They could still hit moving targets.
Even if they just got close with the first couple they could set them to a proximity burst to disorient and slow down the monster so the next couple could be direct hits.
And they would be much more realistic and incredibly less taxing on resources.
>trying for realistic answers in a giant robot and monster thread
Thread posts: 98
Thread images: 25

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.