[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anyone here got a gun license after being admitted to a mental

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: helpless-emoticon-14427838.jpg (21KB, 400x299px) Image search: [Google]
helpless-emoticon-14427838.jpg
21KB, 400x299px
Has anyone here got a gun license after being admitted to a mental hospital?

I live in MA and was admitted when I was 16 for depression/anxiety. I'm 23 now. On the application it asks if you were ever committed to a mental hospital. Will they find out if I lie? Will it prevent me from getting a license if I say yes? What do?
>>
>>31586782
use the hillary excuse and write "i do not recall"
>>
>>31586804
Not an option. Only yes or no.
>>
File: 1472150857457.jpg (124KB, 1001x1001px) Image search: [Google]
1472150857457.jpg
124KB, 1001x1001px
>>31586782
You're screwed, m8!
>>
>>31586823
Lying on the form is perjury
>>
Are you talking about on the 4473 or some license required by your state?

If it's the 4473, being admitted is only a disqualification if it was involuntary, i.e. you were Baker Acted.

If your state has some weird law/requirement for a "gun license" (wtf is this either way, a concealed carry permit or an unconstitutional license required to own guns?) then you need to post exactly what the form says and any relevant information.
>>
>>31586842
Guess somebody's got some forgetting to do then.
>>
I have a friend who was put in some kind of mental health facility when he was like 12 or 13, he had a pretty fucked up childhood (dad is kill, mom is a turbo-drunk and bad at parenting).

He just went a week or two ago and bought his first rifle, filled out a 4473, and passed a bgc.
Not sure if he marked yes or no, and it's really none of my business to ask him.
>>
>>31586906
RIP in peace doggo
>>
>>31586782
When I was 16 my school thought I was gonna shoot the place up. They sent me through a psych eval. As far as I can remember nothing came of it. I also went through several therapists offices during that time.

This was in MA. I currently have an LTC.
>>
>>31586954
>License To Chill
Nice bro, spark it up
>>
Voluntarily admitted, or involuntarily committed?

Two completely different scenarios.
>>
>>31587023
Voluntarily, I think. Wasn't court ordered or anything like that.
>>
>>31587080

Then you should be alright.
>>
>>31587080
Then you should be green.
>>
>>31587092
>>31587089
thanks senpai
>>
>>31586954

When I was in middle school, I was designing FA modifications for various pistols. I have, in fact, been admitted to a hospital for similar reasons (this was shortly after Columbine). Where I live, however, they don't seem to care about anything prior to the age of 21.

Walked in to LGS and bought a pistol at age 21. Guess what? I haven't killed anyone, and it was all just a childhood fascination with very specific engineering problems.
>>
File: 1475196384605.png (376KB, 436x416px) Image search: [Google]
1475196384605.png
376KB, 436x416px
>Gun License
ha

haha

hahahahaha
>>
The reason they ask is because they can't find it normally. Hospital records get deleted every few years.

Lying on your medical form is a lot like lying on your tax form. There's a chance you'll be found out, but odds are they won't chose to double check your form in particular.
>>
>>31586842
It's only perjury if you intended do.

Simply say you do not recall when confronted with the lie, or you misremembered.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.