[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Things /k/ is wrong about and/or unpopular opinions. >Cold

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

File: 100.gif (83KB, 395x281px) Image search: [Google]
100.gif
83KB, 395x281px
ITT: Things /k/ is wrong about and/or unpopular opinions.

>Cold Steel is SHIT!
Most of their stuff is solid, though arguably not optimally designed. It's also very cheap which you have to factor in.
>pmags are the greatest of all time!
They're only popular because they're cheap. Lancers are better and GI mags are on par.
>you have to spend a lot to get something that works!
Fundamentals are vastly more important for firearms and a good shooter can use just about anything effectively. With gear, if it works, it works. You don't have to spend hundreds for what basically amounts to a wearable bag though you're free to do so. Optics? Aimpoints are fantastic and schmidt and bender is top titties. But you know what? For 99% of shooters a sightmark will hold zero just fine and a strike eagle magnifies just as much.
>>
lol poorfag
>>
>Unhealthy out-of-shape civilians with semi-automatic weapons and no strategy can totally overthrow Obama guise
>I swear I'll grab my rifle and start the next Happening after the next illegal executive order...or the next one...or maybe the next one...
>>
File: The reelest feel.gif (510KB, 700x827px) Image search: [Google]
The reelest feel.gif
510KB, 700x827px
>>31586105

Too real man...
>>
>>31585644
>muh magazine safety

jesus christ the amount of sperging over that is fucking unbearable. supposedly removing the magazine safety in a hi-power made the trigger better or something but all other guns, it makes zero difference. its just some bullshit whining point.
>>
>>31586337
Well, it also lets you fire without a magazine. Which is some difference.
>>
File: COLD STEEL.jpg (250KB, 467x640px) Image search: [Google]
COLD STEEL.jpg
250KB, 467x640px
>>31585644
>muh Cold Steel
I think it's that they hype the fuck out of their own products, so edgy teenagers hear about it and "OH MY GOD COLD STEEL IS THE BEST THING EVER" and everyone gets tired of hearing about it.

Their promo videos are funny to watch, though.
>>
>>31586371
why is that good though?
>>
>>31586426
Dry fire practice, being able to fire if you fumble the mag, being able to fire if you don't have access to a mag, having one less thing that can go wrong, etc.
>>
>>31586461
>Dry fire practice
put in an empty mag

>being able to fire if you fumble the mag
wont ever happen. why would you have a round in the chamber and be putting in a new mag?

>being able to fire if you don't have access to a mag
never happens

>having one less thing that can go wrong
never has failed that im aware of

its a leo feature. i know at least 2 cops that its saved their life.
>>
File: 20161001_132644.jpg (1MB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
20161001_132644.jpg
1MB, 2592x1944px
>>31586402
>edgy teenagers
I'll have you know I turned 20 last year!
>>
>>31586561
Anon, it's okay. I used to be a teenager all about Cold Steel too. Still want to see if I can't track down one of their grosse messers, actually.
>>
>>31586105
>>Unhealthy out-of-shape civilians with semi-automatic weapons and no strategy can totally overthrow Obama guise

No one in the .gov is worried about the average jackass with a WASR and an airsoft chest rig. The hoopla over those types in the media is just to scare the public and gather capital for an AWB push.

When it comes to actual civil unrest, the .gov is worried about McVeigh types. People with certain knowledge and little or nothing to lose.

I think it's much more likely that the federal government maintains a secret list of chemistry degree dropouts rather than gun owners.
>>
>>31586544
>put in an empty mag
And have to take it out to cycle the gun every time, sure.
>wont ever happen. why would you have a round in the chamber and be putting in a new mag?
Rare, but it can and does happen.
>never happens
Can and does.
>never has failed that im aware of
Can and does.
>its a leo feature. i know at least 2 cops that its saved their life.
Anecdotal. People have died from it before as well.
>>
>>31586544
>why would you have a round in the chamber and be putting in a new mag?

Tactical reload.
>>
>>31586544
What if you load a mag rack and the mag falls out hhhmmm?
>>
>>31586544
Magazine safety is a useless lawyer feature. You just feel salty about it bc your only pistol has a magazine safety, just admit it,
>>
>>31585644
>ITT: Things /k/ is wrong about and/or unpopular opinions.
first and foremost, /k/ is not a collective. stop treating it like one, kid.

>Most of their stuff is solid, though arguably not optimally designed. It's also very cheap which you have to factor in.

The only thing not shit is some of their pocket knives and their axes. everything else is garbage and expensive.
>>
>>31586740
Fuck, I'm on both those lists.
>>
Cold Steel isn't so much shit as just overpriced for what it is. I know a lot of theirs swords are basically $100-$200 Indian-made blades that CS put their own fittings on. The Shamshir, for instance, is actually a Windlass blade. These aren't bad - I actually have that Windlass - but they're not worth anywhere near Cold Steel MSRP's.
>>
>>31586561
>ColdSteelFag still lurks.
Oh fuck off you fat muzzo cunt.
>>
File: image.jpg (103KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
103KB, 1280x720px
>ar500 is garbage

It can be penetrated by .223 easily yet when corrected, you get the "but I'm just playing pretend" what...?

>aliengear is shit

prone to breaking, sharp edges and custom holsters are easily affordable. If you can't save up $20 more instead of getting an aliengear why are you even in this hobby let alone carrying a gun

>high bore axis matters

terribly overblown, not even going into detail with this bullshit

>guns never play a role in facilitating an nd

because having a 2.3lb trigger on your glock or m&p had no impact on increasing the likelyhood of an nd. It was merely a training issue!!

>muh shtf

most people here aren't prepared for it and would really benefit from exercising and even learning how to actually shoot instead of fantasizing about race wars and other stupid shit

>shooter's wheel is a valid way to diagnose two handed shooting

The chart is used for one handed shooting and the assumption that your sights are perfectly alligned.

I get it, /k/ is retarded and instead of understanding truth, they shy away from anything that isn't cheap or doesn't grant them instant gratification.
>>
>>31589628

>because having a 2.3lb trigger on your glock or m&p had no impact on increasing the likelyhood of an nd. It was merely a training issue!!

The single cause of the ND was pulling the trigger. Don't try to blame the trigger weight.

If you keep your finger out of the trigger guard like you're supposed to, it doesn't matter if you have a one pound target trigger.

Cops in New York ND with 12+ pound trigger pretty much weekly.

It's 100% a training issue.
>>
>>31589839
Right, that's why we don't have guard rails. Falling is 100% user error and those who needed them deserve to fall.
>>
>>31586740
why would the government be concerned enough for an AWB push if it wasn't concerned about those people?
>>
>>31588796
My one and only reason for wanting flags is so that i can call every Canadian in cold steel threads a faggot.
>>
>>31589923
Truth.
>>
>>31589892
I actually agree with that. Guard rails are for Darwin award candidates
>>
>>31586544
Firing until dry is a good way to get killed when there's more than one person shooting back. It takes a good few seconds to fumble over mags in a high stress situation for the average person. Learn how to tac reload and quit being a rangefag fudd.
>>
>>31590010
Safety lines? Seat belts? Keeping a gun on you instead of practicing good situational awareness? All preventative measures.
>>
>>31589892

Trigger gaurd would actually be comparable to a gaurd rail but not trigger weight
>>
>>31590414
It's the same thing, higher weight adds a buffer of safety to a trigger. Do you keep all of your revolvers cocked all the time?
>>
>>31585644
I have that CS gladius in my car in case i need to end the suffering of animals that get hit by vehicles
>>
>>31585644
>striker fired is only useful for backup weapons
>9mm Luger is just bad. Too powerful for low weight blowback, too weak for short recoil
>adding to above bullet diameter is least important when it comes to lethality
>military should switch to PDW cartridge and blowback for pistols
>>
>>31586544
Was shooting a pistol match once, went for a tactical reload with 1 target left cause it was way out there, and I thought I would need multiple shots. Full mag didn't seat fully, was still able to pull trigger and luckily got it in one shot cause the recoil made the mag fall out.

>inb4 "seat your mags"

Anyone who has tried to load a full mag under pressure knows it's kinda a bitch and you really have to smack that sucker in there. This still isn't wrong, but you said it "never happens" and right here it did.

If it was a bad guy, and not a steel target, not having a mag safety would have saved a life.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.