[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it legal to buy a firearm private party with the intent of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2

File: 20161006_101321.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20161006_101321.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
Is it legal to buy a firearm private party with the intent of reselling it for more money than you bought it
>>
Yes, that is called capitalism.
>>
>>31583882

Technically no.

Purchasing any firearm with the intent (intent is key in the eyes of the ATF) to sell it for any amount of profit is illegal without an FFL.
>>
>>31583882

If you're trying to flip guns, that's called being a gun dealer. You need to be an FFL to do that legally.
>>
Law says you need an FFL to do it, but realistically that isn't a problem unless selling guns is the bigger part of your monthly income I believe.
Selling a gun here and there shouldn't be a problem, but selling dozens of them might have the ATF come a knockin' asking you why did you buy 380 glocks and not a .380 glock.
>>
>>31583980
>>31583980
>>31583991
>>31584026

Is it as easy as, if ever questioned, saying you bought a gun with a genuine interest in them to keep and shoot, but ended up growing bored and selling it? On multiple occasions?
>>
>>31584056

Odds are they won't ever know as long as you keep your mouth shut, you have to beware of undercover agents though he try to nab people doing this very thing.

Also, when you sell a firearm in a private transaction make sure you have a bill of sale signed that way if some nog uses it to shoot someone down the line, it doesn't eventually lead back to you.
>>
>>31584290
I've had people tell me only as a buyer do you want a bill of sale, and vice versa, for if it ever ends up in the wrong hands, etc. Are there undercovers trying to bust people like that? I don't get how they could make an arrest, I feel like the only way was if you met up with one and said you had a crate full of AKs you want to sell, not just selling one rifle or handgun at a time... I've got this fag on armslist messaging me saying I'm dealing in stolen arms and he's gonna report me, jokes on him I've got bills of sale, its people like this that ruin it for everyone
>>
>>31584450

Again, odds are you'd never even run into one but always exercise caution. As for the bill of sale, ALWAYS get one when buying or selling privately, even if you are not the original purchaser.

Many gun crimes are solved by the police (using found weapons) using the firearm's serial number. Form 4473 really is defacto registration. Using the firearm's serial number they can find out what FFLs that firearm was sent to from the manufacturer and using the 4473 the FFL is required to keep on file for a number of years find out who they sold it to and their information.

The cops arrive at that person's door to question and / or detain them. If that person was smart they either got a bill of sale that can point them in the direction of the next person down the chain (or at the very least got that person to sign the back of the receipt with their basic info.)

If the original buyer has no means of showing they sold the firearm to someone else they are fucked unless they can somehow prove they weren't involved.

TL;DR - ALWAYS get a bill of sale for both purchases and sales to cover your own ass. Some states require them to be notarized, some do not.

Also, as for the undercover agent thing again, I'm saying there is always the risk of one selling you a weapon then watching the relevant websites such as gun broker or armslist to see if it pops up for sale again immediately. Very unlikely you'll run into that situation but it is possible. The bottom line of it is that buying a weapon specifically to resell it IS very illegal (even if it is a stupid law) and if they catch you, you will be sent to Federal "pound you in the ass" Prison for it, on top of other fines.

The ATF really loves to fuck people over.
>>
>>31583882
It's illegal. It's difficult to prove though so unless you're doing it really often (if going through on the books transfers) the ATF will come talk to you. If it's all private party in and private party out (depending on the state) you're pretty much in the clear unless the cops learn of your reputation or one of your guns was used in a crime and linked back to you.

Now, if you're thinking about stocking up on EBR's, high capacity clipazines, and shoulder things that go up ahead of the election with the intent to make some money on the great panic buy of 2017, then you're a terrible person and I hope you contract pubic lice from a public restroom, pass it to your partner, and it destroys your relationship.
>>
>>31584744

Saw a guy on Akfiles talk about how he bought 3 NiB SLR-107s, dozens of magazines, and hundreds of rounds of ammo to price gouge if Hillary wins.

These people deserve to die painfully. I already have what I feel I need (though a bit more never hurts when I can afford it) but there are plenty of people out there who do not. We need to be arming and aiding fellow patriots not fucking them over.
>>
>>31584675
>>31584744
Luckily I am in a free state and cash and carry is completely legal. I was just wondering
>>
>>31583882
Thats just called good buisness.
>>
>>31584773

>shillery institutes a grandfather ownership only ban
>the gougers are left with tons of guns they cant resell, no dealers want shit they cant resell
>their only recourse is to turn them in for gun buybacks at $100-200 each

How big will the butthurt be? Visible from space?
>>
>>31584830

Forgive me, but some very very very small part of me wants to see a no grandfather clause ban just to see those people froth at the mouth over how many thousands of dollars they invested to screw people over immediately go down the drain.

We might actually initiate contact with alien lifeforms it will be so immense.
>>
>>31584856

Oh christ, I forgot to mention. what about the people who have hundreds of thousands tied up in fully automatic weapons as investments? And then they lose it all virtually over night?
>>
>>31584773
>>31584744
>>31584675
For anyone panic purchasing or buying to stock up in case of whatever, your base item should be a bulletproof vest hard armor rated for 7.62 and up
>>
>>31584819
I'm in Washington. I can't even give my .22 to my 18 year old nephew to go to the range without a transfer...which sucks because it's so old it doesn't have a serial number and was ordered by my grandpa through Sears and Roebuck.
>>31584773
What pisses me off the most is that every year when I get my tax returns, I buy cases of ammo. Buy it cheap, stack it deep. When there's a panic buy, the pickings get really slim and it throws my whole year off. Sure, I eventually buy it, but not at the price I want it.
>>
>>31583882
Thats illegal without a FFL
In reality, it is a practice that is near-impossible to prove as the ATF would have to prove you intended to sell the firearm. So you'd have to have electronically sent a message saying you intended to sell the firearm in the first place.
>>
>>31584885

Speaking of that, people making the mistake of buying just level III plates because NIJ standards say it can stand up to multiple hits from .308 FMJ rounds. Obviously that means dinky little 5.56x45 rounds won't do much damage to it right? WRONG.

M193 (not M855) 5.56x45 rounds out of a 20" barrel WILL penetrate Level III plates. Go Level IV if you expect people to use that round with that barrel length.
>>
>>31584919
If OP did this often enough, the pattern could prove intent.
>>
>>31583882
the bottom line, keep your mouth shut. this is a good principle that applies to a lot of things, really.
buy it for yourself, and if you decide to sell at a later time, thats up to you.
>>
>>31584930
i think that would depend on the pattern and if the alphabet agencies are already looking at you.
buying and selling guns a lot isnt an issue in and of itself.
but if youre not an ffl and moving hundreds of guns a year, thats fishy.
>>
>>31584971

Isn't there actually a limit to the number of firearms you're allowed to sell a year without an FFL? Kind of like how FFLs HAVE to sell a certain amount a year or lose their license?
>>
>>31584971
There's also a mostly reliable trigger in NICS for buying guns too. I don't know what it is for rifles but if you buy 3 handguns at a time or 4 in a month (something like that) it automaticaly red flags that and the ATF will probably come visit, or at least look into your activities.
>>
>>31584942
This. People are too stupid to figure this shit out themselves.
>>
>>31584997
Theres a law if you sell more than three vehicles in a year you have to get a commercial liscence. Hard to prove, yes, but suprised its not firearm law. Which is good
>>
>>31584675
Why would they be fucked? Stop making shit up.

All you have to do is tell them the truth, that you sold it and who you sold it to if you have that info. They will then continue their investigation.

The cops wont just arrest you on the spot. They would need some sort of evidence that you committed the crime. You are so fucking dumb. Stop posting here.
>>
>>31585328

That's what a bill of sale is for. If they find his firearm at the scene of the crime and he can't tell them who he sold it to he's fucked.

Generally you at least want to get the other person to sign the back of the original receipt and you sign it as well. "I sold it" isn't a good enough excuse without proof that you have, same as "I lost it in a boating accident" isn't going to cut it when the time comes.
>>
>>31585101
Don't forget about multiple handgun sales. Buying more than one handgun from the same place in less than 5 working days, the ffl submits paperwork with your info and the info on the handguns.
>>
>>31584026
>I get that reference

>mfw I don't have the screen cap on this phone
>>
>>31585616
To where, the ATF?
>>
File: 1437356175846.jpg (4KB, 235x222px) Image search: [Google]
1437356175846.jpg
4KB, 235x222px
>>31584927
>have level III ceramic/poly hybrid plates s that stop multihit 5.56 M193 and M855
>mfw

Quit applying AR500 steel memes to all Level III plates.
>>
>>31585564
No. You do not need need a bill of sale. It's not required when selling a gun. If you are talking about some idiotic New Jersey gun law or some such shit fuck you. Idiot.

A person doesn't become guilty of the crime just because they cannot prove they sold the gun. People have posted several stories here and other places of investigators running down guns and as soon as the person says they sold it and provides what info they can the investigators move the fuck on. Because selling a gun in the US does not require a bill of sale. Stop making shit up. Holy shit kid stop posting here. Leave.
>>
>>31584868

would be funny if they straight up confiscated full autos, but also it would be sad because the liberties
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.