[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey, /K/. What would you consider the best concealed-carry choice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: concealed.carry.thinkstock.800.jpg (39KB, 745x419px) Image search: [Google]
concealed.carry.thinkstock.800.jpg
39KB, 745x419px
Hey, /K/. What would you consider the best concealed-carry choice for a complete novice to CC? Something reliable, obviously, and I'd count being able to easily enough acquire ammo for it 'reliable.' Pic unrelated.
>>
>>31580153
officer 1911 in 9mm
>>
Glock 19, done.
>>
>>31580206
>>31580224

Okay. Any particular reasons why I should consider?
>>
>>31580206
nope
>>
>>31580264
Glock 19, ignore the tripfag as all should.

Light, good capacity, good compromise of enough size to be controllable\accurate for a new shooter and small enough to conceal. No safety to have to train to\ risk forgetting to disengage, but safe when properly handled, just buy a good holster and ensure the trigger is clear when reloading. 9mm is enough bullet with good loads and is easily controllable by noobs. Cheap mags and many options for holsters and accessories if for some reason you want to improve the trigger\ add a bunch of dumbshit. In that vein, it's one of the few guns with a good selection of CC holsters available that allow you to have a flashlight mounted if you decide to do that.
>>
>>31580345

That sounds good. I'd probably like seeing if I could put one of those laser pointer sights on it, whatever those are officially called. As far as I know, from a complete noob perspective, intimidation is also half the battle, and if I can scare someone off by driving home the point that I'm aiming at them a little more visibly, might convince them to fuck off without wasting bullets.

Of course, i don't know shit, so bear with me, here.
>>
>>31580434
Ok, a laser sight isn't necessarily wrong, and there are several options. As stated you could get a light laser combo to mount on the rail, or there are options that either mount to the grip and activate automatically or replace the guide rod that add little or no mass. Although these can be helpful for quick shooting, you should also train to use traditional sights and in point shooting in case of equipment failure or you don't have time to activate them.

Don't rely on intimidation, if you have to draw a weapon, be ready to use it.
>>
>>31580560

Believe me, I'd be ready. Actually, I'm more worried about being a bit too trigger happy.

You've got a point about learning to shoot with just the iron sights, though. I'm not fond of most iron sights, but considering most add-on sights aren't really fit for CC, its a required evil.
>>
>>31580345
This, as a recent new fag, I went through a couple of pocket pistols before getting a g19 and seeing the light.
>>
>>31580628
They definitely have their place, but for a new shooter especially, they fucking suck to shoot. I should also point out, that any gun similar to a G19 is fine too, it's just going to be the most common good choice. M&Pc, P320c, even P229, compact CZ75s, etc. are good choices, but the G19s commonality makes holsters (especially if you want a light\ LAM on your CCW) easy to find. When you've figured out what type of holster works best for you, you can branch out easier.
>>
Hammerless j frame. Next.
>>
>>31580345
>>31580224

Okay, so, quick question: Which Glock19?

A cursory google search tells me there's Glock 18, and then there's Glock 19 Gen4.

I assume you mean Gen4.
>>
File: 1473363040870.jpg (32KB, 774x500px) Image search: [Google]
1473363040870.jpg
32KB, 774x500px
>>31580739
>Glock 18,

Bingo. Get that one.
>>
>>31580809

Hush, you. It was a typo, and I didn't think it was worth correcting.
>>
>>31580739
Gen 4 is good to go.
>>
>>31580153
PPK, or similar. Small, steel, manual safety, which you can stop using once you are comfortable, and fun to shoot.
>>
>>31580841
>>31580345
>>31580224

So, that's three votes for Glock 19. A quick google later...

https://us.glock.com/products/model/g19gen4

It says it takes 9x19mm. Is that a slightly more obscure (compared to mainstream ammo types, anyway) form of 9mm?

>>31580874
If I wanted to look that up, what would you suggest? Any particular kind of PPK?

>>31580874
>>
>>31580907
9x19, 9mm, 9mm luger, and 9mm parabellum are all different terms for the same round.
9mm Makarov and 9mm kurz are the ones that are different.
>>
>>31580920

So, just a slightly more obscure term for the same round. Got it; thanks.
>>
>>31580923
Well, not exactly, more like the full term. 9mm is the round diameter, and 19 is the case length. So you get 9mm by 19mm, or 9x19, or just 9mm for short.
>>
>>31580923
Had to do a thing, but yeah the Gen 4 is the one you can find in stores now, you may be able to find a Gen3(or 2\1) as a police trade in or on the used market and that's fine if you want to save some money. Gen4 is just the newest version for our purposes here (we could delve into finger grooves\ RTF\ grip inserts\ recoil assemblies\ tennifer or not\ etc.). And again if you find you just hate the Glock when you try it on (see if you can rent one\ comparable models at a range ideally) other similar models from reputable manufacturers are fine too, just less holster\ other aftermarket options.
>>
>>31580153
Kahr CT/CW9 for single stack, G26/19 for double. High Country Holster makes baller kydex shit.
>>
>>31581028
Oh and yeah, this is the common 9mm that you would get if you just walk into a gun store and say "give me some 9mm ammo". Other terms for the same thing are 9mm parabellum, 9x19mm, 9mm luger, 9(x19mm) NATO, and maybe another I'm forgetting. If some countermonkey gives you shit for just saying 9mm, they're just being a sperg because they have nothing else going on but gun autism.
>>
Most non-dedicated people can conceal something like a S&W Shield pretty easily. I think concealing a G17 (or a G19) is pretty easy and do so daily, but I'm not most people.

They're reliable, have a plethora of holsters available, and have plenty of sight options for when you decide to stop being a pleb. The trigger is acceptable out of the box and can be made better with APEX parts if you so desire.

Buy it in 9mm and buy HSTs, Gold Dots, Winchester Ranger/PDX1/etc., Golden Sabers, or Critical Duty.

Buy a holster -- either kydex or leather -- with a solid belt attachment or snap loops. You should avoid clip-on holsters as a general rule (some, like High Noon's clip, are an exception). The one in the OP is particularly bad.

There are other good single-stack 9mm pistols available (PPS, G43 would be my two other pics, and I actually prefer the PPS), of course, but none are as prolific as the Shield.

Above all, aesthetics are bullshit, don't listen to /k/, and also CZs are shit.
>>
Whats a good owb holster or drop down duty holster for the g19
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.