[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>4 year service Army vet. Honorable discharge. 2010-2014 >Wanted

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6

File: images.jpg (5KB, 368x137px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
5KB, 368x137px
>4 year service Army vet. Honorable discharge. 2010-2014
>Wanted to join as a tank crewman but let my dad talk me out of it
>Join signal corps instead as a 25N
>5'11" 140 lbs. Barely make weight
>Stationed within a full signal batallion for my entire career
>Never deploy, never do anything interesting
>Get out after 4 years because of how retarded my command was, I was so fed up I wouldn't even consider re-enlisting

I'm 24 now. I go to college and I look exactly like all the other kids straight out of highschool. I can't grow any facial hair other than some Shaggy from scooby-doo chin scruff. How do I cope with being so pathetic?
>>
>>31578678
>How do I cope with being so pathetic?
lift and find something to be passionate about
>>
>>31578689
Passionate about what? Do you mean like a hobby?
>>
>>31578699
no, like what you want out of life.
>>
>>31578699
Yeah, like shitposting on 4chan, or masturbating.
>>
>>31578702
>>31578703
That makes sense, I've tried to find something meaningful but haven't had much luck. I just feel like shit whenever I see posts about guys talking about their service, or hearing stories from vererans who have seen combat. I know the whole 'you don't want to see combat' thing, but it's still shitty.
>>
File: 1388470654573.jpg (39KB, 400x399px) Image search: [Google]
1388470654573.jpg
39KB, 400x399px
>>31578717
>I know the whole 'you don't want to see combat' thing
Wait, that's a thing? Why would you even join combat arms if you don't want to see combat?
>>
>>31578717
Dude I did 8 years and one 9 month your. Got the first kill of the deployment and there were a few exciting moments but there was a lot of boring bullshit. Be happy with your service, there's no shame in it, that's for sure. If you really have the itch, go ROTC or join the guard in a combat arms MOS. if not, use your benefits and better yourself.
>>
>>31578732
I meant that anyone who has seen combat tells people 'you don't want to see combat'. That's difficult to get across through text.
>>31578733
That's a good idea, I had a national guard recruiter try to recruit me a few months ago. Where were you at?
>>
>>31578689
nothing int this world is worth being passionate about. life is meaningless, after 25 years on this planet i have never found anything to be passionate about.
>>
>>31578745
I was in 1ID and RC-S SW overseas.
>>
>>31578678
>i wanna look old!
It'll happen soon enough kid, don't rush it.

Otherwise take up smoking.
>>
dude enjoy civilian life, you a free man now. everything has its gives and takes, you still can be proud about the fact you did something less than 1% of the population ever did and you gave a blank check up to and including your life if it came to that.
>>
>>31578761
kys
>>
>>31578778
think about it a lot, but i don't see the positive of it. just because i don't have any passions and feel numb to life, doesn't really make me want to check out. also, self preservation.
>>
I appreciate the advice, everyone.
>>
>>31578678
>5'11
>140 pounds
>can't grow facial hair
Are you me?
>>
>>31578836
I could get away without shaving for 2-4 days in the service.
>>
>>31578840
I haven't shaved in about a week and i swear my asshole has more hair than my face does
>>
>>31578678

>How do I cope with being so pathetic?

well complaining about it won't help, why don't you accept your self and try to build from there
>>
>>31578798
>self preservation.
meme
>>
>>31579001
You are by far the worst tripfag on this board
>>
File: Porsche_911SC_Slantnose_1982_1.jpg (2MB, 2000x1240px) Image search: [Google]
Porsche_911SC_Slantnose_1982_1.jpg
2MB, 2000x1240px
>>31578717
you, the Earth, humans, and the universe in general will die of heat entropy eventually, but you and I both be damned if we don't have fun in the process.

I personally like cars. Going fast is bitchin' man.
>>
why did your dad need you to talk you out of become a tank crewman? You're the least likely to die during that I'd imagine
>>
>>31579074
He didn't want me in any combat arms position
>>
>>31578678
Try transitioning
>>
>>31579066
I need to make some real money before I can get into cars, one day though.
>>
File: mfw the phantom pain.png (73KB, 594x474px) Image search: [Google]
mfw the phantom pain.png
73KB, 594x474px
>>31578678
you were a fucking POG. what do you expect? your own damn fault. enjoy your beefed up GI Bill bennies and finish college and get a good paying job and get into funs.
>mfw when I joined Army as infantry
>mfw when I did two tours in Iraq
>mfw when everyone at works thinks I was some Haji slaughtering war hero
people will never look at you like they look at me anon, deal with it
you joined for training, I joined for an adventure
>>
>>31579508
Enjoy your no qualifications while I get hired as a civilian contractor in 3 months and make 70k a year entry level
>>
>>31579508
Thank you for your kills though
>>
>>31578678
Sounds like you have depression. I was in the Infantry and have seen combat. When I got out I was diagnosed PTSD. As far as I know it's just depression linked to an event. You tell some civilian doc about seeing blood and guts, they just assume thats the cause. The truth of the matter is I think I was prone to depression even before I joined.

I go to college also, but I'm so fucking fake I hate it. I can't talk to people unless it's about the weather or something mundane. I have panicked attacks. Have had hot girls try to talk to me, but freeze up and act shy like I'm some damn teen-ager. The doctors want me on anti depressants but I don't want my personality to be changed. Whatever it is try and fix it, because I'm telling you it gets worse.

I can grow a beard tho.
>>
File: 03.gif (25KB, 465x517px) Image search: [Google]
03.gif
25KB, 465x517px
>>31579508
>>
>>31579066
>Going fast
>Air cooled
>911
I'm feeling generous, so I'll let you pick two.
>>
>>31579731
>tfw $14,000/yr
>tfw happier with my life than OP
>>
what does this have to do with weapons
>>
How unfortunate you got a useful pog job instead of useless infantry, boohoo
>>
>>31578678
you are older, have more experience, and should have more money than other guys that look like you and are just starting college so.....

....you pretend to be a few years younger than you really are, lie about hiw much money you have (no one can tell if you have $50 or $50k more than them, they just know you have more) and most importantly you BANG THE FUCK OUT OF COLLEGE FRESHMEN AND LEGAL HIGHSCHOOL SENIORS.

get busy and stop wasting time here
>>
>>31578733
The worst part is when one of your friends dies. And Constantly being mortared during the down time.
>>
>>31578678

In my 30s and still unable to grow facial hair. Life is what you make of it so seconded what >>31580607 said.

Go forth and bang some college girls. Get your degree and maybe find a few friends in the process. Poon and alcohol will give you some perspective.
>>
File: 1473991915467.jpg (121KB, 736x559px) Image search: [Google]
1473991915467.jpg
121KB, 736x559px
>>31578678
Hahaha, I just started going to tech school afterm working construction for the past 7-8 years and am 27. Full grown beard contractor look.

When I was walking through the "commons" area the other day a whole table of what I can only assume were freshman ladies and boys said, "Now that is what a man looks like." Referring to me

Fucking kids these days, especially the "males" are all faggots.

Feels good meng!
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.