[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What common clothing (something you can go outside without looking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 8

File: _77700613_aquascutumtest.jpg (52KB, 660x761px) Image search: [Google]
_77700613_aquascutumtest.jpg
52KB, 660x761px
What common clothing (something you can go outside without looking like a freak) provides best defense against chemical weapons and nuclear fallout?
I know heavy trenchcoats provided a noticeable degree of protection against skin-penetrating chemicals, while gas masks took care of inhalants.

I have a gas mask near me all the time (my own gp-5 at home and a storeroom of supposedly functional gas masks at work), but I am worried that my skin will be affected by aerosols such as VX, VR, etc., so I am looking for what I could wear that could lessen possible damage.
>>
You want casual anti radiation wear? What are you? Six years old?
>>
None unless you want to look like you belong in a leather club.

Also GP-5s are useless, and the filters may or may not have blue asbestos in them. Get something western like an M40 (Or a MCU-2/P if you REALLY want to) for a poorfag mask that will not get your shit fucked up as much, or a new Avon or MSA if you actually want to live.
>>
>>31577240
>What common clothing (something you can go outside without looking like a freak) provides best defense against chemical weapons and nuclear fallout?

Nothing, obviously.

You need to keep dust off of your skin and out of your body. That requires full-body protection, as in, every single bit of skin covered plus a mask, preferably with its own air supply. There's really nowhere you can walk around like this without looking, as you say, like a freak.

By the way, trenchcoats are pretty fedora-tier, and will cause you to stand out like a sore thumb unless everyone around you is also dressed similarly, which they probably won't be.

I don't understand why you're so worked up over protecting yourself from fallout without looking like you're protecting yourself. If a nuke drops close enough for you to worry about fallout, either everybody will already know why you're dressed like a cyberclown or you will simply drive away from that area and seek refuge somewhere else. You will not sit around in your bunker and eke out a romantic existence while avoiding the normies or whatever you're imagining right now.
>>
>>31577269
>trenchcoats are pretty fedora-tier, and will cause you to stand out like a sore thumb unless everyone around you is also dressed similarly
This is another thing. You can only really wear a trench coat and not look like a weirdo if you're middle aged and are both /fa/ and /fit/.
>>
>>31577253
Thanks for advice, but 100$ is still 3 times more than a GP-5.

>>31577269
Not just fallout, chemical weapons that penetrate skin. Gas mask wouldn't help you at all against something like VX.

I am convinced that we will have a chemical false-flag soon to make a surge of patriotism, and I'd like to get the fuck away from the city without proper chemical defense gear.
>>
>>31577269
I am not planning to fuck around inside contaminated zone. It's just that some gases will fuck me up before I get away.
>>
>>31577324
Chemicals pose the risk of going right through the latex hood of your GP-5. You are obviously aware of the threats (be them real or not), but aren't ready to make the perpetration for them.
>>
>>31577324
>Gas mask wouldn't help you at all against something like VX.

Uh...yeah, it would, by preventing skin contact.

>>31577331
>I am not planning to fuck around inside contaminated zone. It's just that some gases will fuck me up before I get away.

Look, either you're serious about this and you'll just buy a real suit that will actually protect you, or you'll continue wasting our time by posting about this LARP fantasy you seem to be weaving.
>>
>>31577354
>Uh...yeah, it would, by preventing skin contact.
Just want to chime in here. They only would if you were suing the supplied hood and even then you still run the risk of exposure.
>>
>>31577359
using*

fug
>>
>>31577240
>What common clothing (something you can go outside without looking like a freak) provides best defense against chemical weapons and nuclear fallout?
Nothing.

Carry a full suit in a briefcase if you think it would be worth your time.
>>
File: 1474176893513.gif (3MB, 400x206px) Image search: [Google]
1474176893513.gif
3MB, 400x206px
>cloth
>protecting against NBC agents
Good joke.

>Nerve agents
Every muscle in your body repeatedly contracts so rapidly that you shatter your entire skeletal system eventually breaking your own spine

>Blister agents
Causes mortal trauma by irritating mucus membranes, skin cells, eyes and other orifices including chemical burns, often resulting in terminal infection, shock, and slow excruciating death via respiratory distress.

>choking agents
Designed to impede a victim's ability tobreathe. They operate by causing a build-up of fluids in the lungs, which then leads todrowning in their own liquefied lungs. Exposure to the eyes and skin tends to be corrosive, causing preeminent blindness and severe deep burns. Inhalation of these agents cause burning of the throat, coughing, vomiting, headache, pain in chest, tightness in chest, and respiratory and circulatory failure resulting in death within 90-400 seconds of exposure.

>Blood agents
Interfere with the body's ability to transfer oxygen to the brain, effectively suffocating the victim. Taking approximately 6 minutes, the victim will slowly lose consciousness, first becoming confused, dizzy, delirious, and then violently ill before suffocation completes.

>Urticant agents
Causes severe and rapid necrosis of the skin. The most painful of chemical agents, causing the skin to dry, contact, and rip itself apart in seconds at a cellular level, effectively skinning the victim alive.
>>
>>31577324

>OP is worried about chemical warfare
>OP doesn`t want to spend his shekels on proper defensive measure

Pick one, OP, you raging homosexual
>>
>>31577932
>urticant
Dayum.

Is there footage of that shit happening to a pig or something?
Also how long does that shit linger in the air?
>>
File: 1470779399689.jpg (9KB, 251x217px) Image search: [Google]
1470779399689.jpg
9KB, 251x217px
>>31577250

first post best post
>>
>>31577240

What is the point of having NBC equipment without the ability to decontaminate?
>>
>>31577957

I don't know of any footage of utricant agents but I have a story of a hiroshima survivor to tell which is quite similiar to "effectively skinning".

So, Mr. Bamboo lived about 30-40 miles outside of hiroshima.
On the day when the bomb exploded, he was on his way to work with his shitty fucking bike as every day
So, the americans actually tried to figure out at what time most people in hiroshima are outside, as to kill as many as possible. The designated time of detonation was 8:15 AM or something like that.

So, Mr. Bamboo was about halfway into the town when he saw the bomb explode, I can't remember exactly how he described it, but I remember what he described afterwards.

He was trying to get into town to help the people and as he got closer to hiroshima he saw a woman standing at the end of the straight road he was driving on, like 250 metres away.
He tried to get a look and saw that the women had torn clothes hanging from her body to the ground and looked like shit, obviously.

As he got closer he realized that the "torn clothes" was actually her skin, which was so burnt and deformed that it actually loosened was hanging all from her upper body to the ground.

I can't find the video, else I would've posted it.
sry for shitty english, mr. bamboo told the story better.
>>
File: Mustard_gas_burns.jpg (42KB, 640x457px) Image search: [Google]
Mustard_gas_burns.jpg
42KB, 640x457px
>>31577957
Thank God they have never been deployed on human beings, but there have been a few instances of scientists cataching a sniff of a drop of the shit in a controlled labatory environment. Keep in mind the guy in pic related was wearing protective gear and only exposed to a tiny amount before being quickly decontaminated.
>>
>>31578037

>mfw his left armpit

is that something like a plague-spot?

looks like the pest
>>
>>31578037
Always made me lel that the Germans cried bloody murder about Americans using shotguns in WW1 but didn't think twice about deploying fucking MUSTARD GAS on their enemies.

I guess they've always been crybabies like that.
>>
>>31578058
Probably a huge ass boil from the gas irritating the epidermis.
>>
File: 1461155737803.jpg (54KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
1461155737803.jpg
54KB, 500x333px
>>31578130

that's disgusting.

moar?

pic related is in serbia after the bombing of zagreb (I think, could be Sarajevo although unlikely)
They sheltered in a basement and when UN found them they looked like this.
all their eardrums obviously popped.
>>
File: 1461155814904.jpg (51KB, 450x677px) Image search: [Google]
1461155814904.jpg
51KB, 450x677px
>>31578146

moar bosnian zombie apocalypse
>>
>>31578025
I remember reading a book of first hand accounts from the people helping afterwards where they were pulling a woman out of some debris by her arm, and the skin on her arm just slid right off.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.