[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mosin Nagant >used to be $100 >now going for $250+ SKS

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: banking cartel overlord.jpg (41KB, 339x480px) Image search: [Google]
banking cartel overlord.jpg
41KB, 339x480px
Mosin Nagant
>used to be $100
>now going for $250+

SKS
>used to be $200
>now going for $400+

So what's the go-to cheap/good value rifle now?
>>
homebuilt pipe gun
>>
$500 AK

$600 AR

yeah these are more expensive than a nugget or sks used to be but they are WAY more practical and useful guns. also overall way higher quality

there are no good $100 guns out there today
>>
There will never be another deal like a pre 2015 mosin. They were the last mass produced surplus bolt rifle in storage with massive quantities of ammo available anywhere in the world. There are still more out there along with other types of rifles but they won't be available in the numbers mosins have been in past years. Prices will only go up from now and any other surplus guns will be autoloaders and available as parts kits in the US.
>>
You can still get carcanos cheap "second hand" as their reputation is shit mainly because of ammo and needing enbloc clips. If you reload with proper sized projectiles they are decent guns.
>>
Inflation.
>>
Modern el-cheapo bolt guns like the Ruger American or Savage Axis have filled the gap, only shitty thing is no sights.

Other than that you have break actions which are even cheaper.
>>
>>31575518
>bolt action
Savage Axis (first model, pre-accutrigger) can be had new for ~$250 or $299 with cheap-but-usable 3-9x40 scope. Used you can find it and stuff like the Rem 783 and 770 for $150 or less.
>semi rifle
A $600 bargain-bin AR, since all the <$650 AK's are huge piles of unreliable dangerous shit.
>shotgun
Either a Maverick 88 ($160-200 depending on sales) or a Stevens 320 ($180-220 depending on sales) new, or try to find a police trade-in Mossberg 500 or Rem 870 in the used rack for around $180.
>>
Not-German Mausers. You can find Mexicans, Spanish, Turks, etc. for around $200 now.
>>
>>31575959
Got my AR out the box for 250. Just gotta wait for those deals.
>>
>>31576093
> all the <$650 AK's are huge piles of unreliable dangerous shit.

basically just the US made ones are shit

in my experience, you want an AK to have as many foreign made parts as possible.

ideally the barrel, receiver, bolt and carrier will all be made in the same country

I think you start to run into problems when you mix, for example, a US barrel and a Serbian bolt,
like on some of the Century yugos
>>
File: 1408327352599.gif (3MB, 400x255px) Image search: [Google]
1408327352599.gif
3MB, 400x255px
>>31576061
100%+ inflation in >15 years.
Anon I...
>>
>>31576179
While this is generally true some of the cheapshit full-import AK's are junk as well.
>>
>>31575518
400-500 AR's
Mossbergs for bolties
Turks for clone pistols
Used Rugers for sending in on their infinite warranty
AMD65s from Classic for $500 (mystery meat barrel, but solid receivers and guts)
>>
>>31576107

What? Was it complete or parts? Explain
>>
A while ago it was vz2008s for 400.
Now? There really isn't a groundbreaking killer deal, but good ones come and go. AR15s for $500 is about as good as it gets currently. Reminder that pre sandy hook you had to spend about 1000 for one, and post they were retard pricey. That bubble may or may not pop, with how grossly over inflated the market is with them I doubt it'll happen within a decade.
>>
>>31576179
Post 2004 the ATF requires that barrels also be destroyed on machine guns being imported
>>
>>31575518
Last 2 shows I went to in NC had nuggets at $350 each as the cheapest.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.