[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

G3/hk91 thread. Looking to get into a g3 variant. Looking at

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: pix279039236.jpg (81KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
pix279039236.jpg
81KB, 640x480px
G3/hk91 thread. Looking to get into a g3 variant. Looking at the hk91. What is the best one, what's the relative price range. Whats /k/ got ta say?
>>
Ptr91 are good to go. Around 1k depending on the features you want. Rail or no rail. Paddle release or not. Hk91 are around 2k from what I have seen.
>>
>>31570070
This. The PTR 32 is bretty good too.
>>
>>31570029
Century c308 is a good starter
>>
>>31570070
Where have you seen the HK91 is going for 2K? I've had a hell of a time finding them under 4.
>>
>>31570088
I've heard good things about the PTR 91 not really fan of the 39. Would rather stay 7.62x51.
>>
>>31570029
The HK91 is more of a collectors' gun. The prices that they are going for now do not reflect the actual quality of the gun itself. The PTR 91 is objectively better. The welds and machining are better and the newer ones have a paddle mag release and integrated rail for scopes if you want.

If you are looking for a budge entry, take a look at the C308. The receiver, barrel, and trigger housing are made by PTR, but they still use the same old CETME surplus internals like the trigger pack and the BCG so you may be rolling the dice on that side of things.

There are some other much cheap HK RDB clones, like the FA91, the older Century CETME rifles, and various non-HK "sporter" versions for only a few hundred dollars. Unless you are just looking for something that will only be a dedicated range toy, stay away from these.
>>
>>31570029
Unless you are a collector comfortable spending a lot of money, a PTR91 is just as good for a much lower price, and can be had brand new in the $800+ range (as opposed to a HK91 which can go for $3000+ in mint condition).

>>31570103
Jesus Christ no, do not buy Century C308s OP.

People claim they use PTR receivers (without proof) and that this makes them good, it doesn't, Century are very bad at building things on their own.
>>
>>31570117
It's been a while but I've seen a few within the last few years. But I don't really look for them so I'm not really up to date on current prices.
>>
>>31570286
Not looking for a budget rifle. Looking for the best g3 variant available.
>>
>>31570377
Then a PTR91 of your choice would be your best option, they sell GI models which are just as well made as old German rifles, on top of some specialized target models.

The PTR91 is made on surplus tooling from Portugal (who made just as good G3s as the Germans), so you know it's good.

You don't want a C308 or Century CETME, avoid like a drunk and "friendly" tranny at a truckstop
>>
File: Spuhr_G3_catalog.jpg (331KB, 1086x2178px) Image search: [Google]
Spuhr_G3_catalog.jpg
331KB, 1086x2178px
>>31570377
>Looking for the best g3 variant available.
The HK91, or maybe the Moore MAD-G3. Or you might consider commissioning a custom-built one.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.