[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>go to local gun store >prices are ABOVE MSRP >go to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 116
Thread images: 15

File: shylock.jpg (40KB, 400x331px) Image search: [Google]
shylock.jpg
40KB, 400x331px
>go to local gun store
>prices are ABOVE MSRP
>go to Bud's
>buy guns I never could have afforded otherwise
Why do brick and mortar gun stores constantly Jew the customer down? Do they think we're stupid?
>>
No they're just shit stores.
>>
>>31564220
Some will work with you. My general rule is, if it costs about the same (within $50) of what I'd pay after shipping, transfer, and possibly CC fees, then I'll support a local business. If it's still significantly cheaper online I'll ask "hey, this is a lot cheaper online. You wanna try and come down a bit?" And sometimes they will. Otherwise though, I have a dealer who does transfers for $15. I have no problem going to him if a local shop is too overpriced.
>>
Transfer fees often cancel out a lot of the savings. I don't believe you about stores charging more than msrp
>>
>>31564274
Even after transfer fees, I usually save HUNDREDS over buying retail. Once you factor in sales tax, forget about it.
>>
They get away with it because most people that buy in actual stores ARE stupid. Really fucking stupid. People pay it, so they can charge it.
>>
>>31564220
Why do poorfags blame some random-ass minority for their own limp dick inadequacy?

Sack up, git skills, and make some money. Or go suck a dick for some cash. Whatever. Just quit pissing in my ear about Jews fucking things up for everyone else. It lacks imagination.
>>
>>31564311
>getting this triggered over an idiom
Jesus fuck anon, where the fuck do you think you are
>>
>>31564311
It's just an expression, like nigger-rig. We're not actually blaming the Jews, just describing the execrable behavior of gun merchants, both Jew and gentile alike.
>>
File: 1472533874373.jpg (59KB, 604x486px) Image search: [Google]
1472533874373.jpg
59KB, 604x486px
I work at a brick and mortar gun store. Honestly the only benefit we provide is advice and assistance to the clueless nitwits who for whatever reason got a dose of reality and decided to buy a gun. Our prices are insane you will absolutely will be Jewed.
>>
Walked in my local Gander Mountain today for a peek.

A standard VP9 was priced at $699. LE package was $799, plus sales tax obviously. So around $850 for the LE package total.

I just got mine about 2 weeks ago and paid $660 total.

OTOH, a gun & antique store one town over had it for $640. If I would've known, I would've bought it there. Just got the GF a LC9S from them for $320.

They're not all bad, but most are.
>>
>>31564311
>assblassted kike spotted
>>
Daily reminder that when buying online you lose the ability to inspect the gun before purchasing.
>>
File: Taurus.jpg (126KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
Taurus.jpg
126KB, 960x720px
>>31564406
Why would you need to unless you're buying a shitty brand?
>>
>>31564406
you dont actually. inspect it at the ffl before you fill out the 4473. have them send it back if its damaged or not as advertised
>>
>>31564421
This
>>
File: 1308375161882.jpg (96KB, 610x512px) Image search: [Google]
1308375161882.jpg
96KB, 610x512px
Brick-and-mortar gunstores have higher overhead due to paying rent on commercially zoned property and a smaller possible clientèle from which to derive revenue due to administering only to a small geographical area instead of the whole continent.
>>
>>31564426
Name one online dealer that will send a gun before you have paid for it and name one FFL who will accept a transfer before a 4473. I have literally never seen or heard of one.
>>
>>31564421
Congrats on your brand-new (pick your high-end brand of choice) that has a gouged receiver and a spotty finish on the barrel.
>>
>>31564421
>>31564436
>spend hundreds or thousands on an item that can literally kill you if manufactured badly or broken
>dont inspect it because "lol its not a shit brand"
>>
>>31564459
Since an ffl will lose their license if they fill out the 4473 without the gun present I am going to assume all of them will not have you fill it out before accepting the transfer.
>>
>>31564471
>a 1K gun is going to fail catastrophically
>>
>>31564482
1K+*
>>
>>31564471
The chances of a reputable gun manufacturer making a gun that will catastrophically fail are minuscule. In the unlikely event that something IS wrong with it, that's what warranties are for.
>>
Atlantic had the keltec sub 2000 for like 475, another estore the next day was selling them for 580.

I want one in 9mm glock mag to plink with ffs but I don't want to pay that fucking much. I could get the rotating front end for that price
>>
>>31564458
Which is why they should have an e-presence as well.

It's not like they have to hardcode a fucking e-store these days.

I buy almost EVERYTHING online, local and big stores gouge the fuck outta people
>>
>>31564482
>>31564488
>>a 1K gun is going to fail catastrophically
>implying it cant
>implying it needs to fail catastrophically to fuck you out of hundreds or thousands of dollars
>implying failures couldnt happen after thousands of rounds and years of use
all you have to do is inspect the thing to make sure it wont shit itself. saying it wont because its a certain brand or expensive is stupid.
>>
>>31564523
What sort of defect noticeable by an inspection would ever lead to the fantasy scenario you have created?
>>
>>31564220
Cause that brick and mortar don't come cheap.
Try negotiating. Mention buds. They might take the hint and make it worth your while.
>>
>>31564459
>https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/howtobuy.php
>Pick up your gun: Inspect your gun before accepting the transfer. If you are not happy for any reason leave the gun at the dealer. We will have it picked up for free and offer you an exchange or refund at no cost.
almost all online distributors have some sort of return policy because you dont have to accept the transfer before you fill out the 4473. if you inspect the rifle and its fucked or not what you paid for, have it sent back.
>>
>>31564536
>expensive part breaking
>badly machined part
>cosmetic blemishes on expensive guns
>fantasy scenario
wew lad

the most basic situation i can think of is making sure your rivets arent shit on an ak
>>
>>31564523
Never said it can't, only that it's extremely unlikely. You're more likely to be abducted by aliens.
>>
>>31564311
I actually do blame the Jews for the outrageous prices at local gunstores across America.

Gays and gypsies are also at fault for the price-gouging perpetrated on well-adjusted members of society such as us who browse on /k/.
>>
File: 1446636296826.png (513KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1446636296826.png
513KB, 1280x720px
>>31564644
That's outlandish.

Sell me on it.
>>
File: 1474660685308.gif (3MB, 281x295px) Image search: [Google]
1474660685308.gif
3MB, 281x295px
>>31564220
>Check out Bud's after years of getting jew'd at local shops
>the prices are almost too good to be fucking true
>ask around at local shops
>"WE DON'T EXCEPT BUD'S TRANSFERS, DON'T ASK"
>"$100 transfer fee for new guns LMAO (per each gun)"
>Have to drive an hour away to the only gun shop that doesn't try to cuck me out of a deal
>Always buy ammo/other shit from them even though it's more expensive than ordering it because they aren't cunts about it
>>
>>31564220
>lies, the post
>>
>>31564220

Dude, just get your own FFL. That's what I did.

I also manage to sell quite a few guns to neighbors, friends, and family.

Generally I can undercut a store by a few percent. I make a few hundred bucks a month I wouldn't otherwise, and of course I get wholesale prices.
>>
I often wonder how much money the ATF makes off of FFL applications per year.

It kinda kills me inside that we have to pay an exorbitant fee and ask "Mother, May I?" to do something we should already be able to do.
>>
>>31564748

>exorbitant

It's $120 for the application and a $90 renewal every 3 years.

If you sell 2 guns at an 8% markup every three years you're fine. Jeez.
>>
>>31564703
>check online FFL listings on Gunbroker
>there's a guy 15 minutes away that does transfers in his living room for $15
>cool old retired vet
>get a gun every year or two and shoot the shit with him whenever I see him
>>
>>31564758

That's another way to make a few bucks. I do $10 transfers on anything.
>>
>>31564753
It seems exorbitant to pay for something which was once free, s'all.
>>
>>31564220
They barely make any money. Almost nothing off of gun sales. The accessories are the real money.
>>31564311
>jew spotting
>>
>>31564808

Let's be honest though, I hate the NFA and GCA as much as anyone, but letting literally anyone mail order a gun is kinda silly.

Also, you can save WAY more money in transfers, shipping, and outright price than $120.
>>
>>31564819

This, also interesting is that while gun wholesalers will line up to ship you stuff, it is almost impossible to get accessory manufacturers to ship to you when you don't have an actual storefront.
>>
>>31564824
Still, if I can -own- any particular gun, why should it not follow that I could, naturally, receive it in the mail? And if the upkeep for maintaining the vetting process and clerical work is so large, why not pull it out of taxes, as the perpetuation of a fundamental right is for the common good, not just for the good of one who wishes to exercise it?

Bah. I'm probably just being a naive idealist. But it irks me.
>>
>>31564220
They're trying to jew you, at least in my experience.
>guy quotes price for p220
>say "that's over msrp"
>he gives me the look 'he knows'
>goes back to his computer
>quotes new price nominally under the msrp
Every time I'm in there I watch some newbie get taken for a ride.
>>
>>31564220
You will be charged a receiving fee
You will pay tax
You will pay the background fee
You will probably pay shipping

Most gun shops work around the lowest suggested retail price, and the one here works at only a 20% markup. But hey, it's a free country ain't it? Go ahead and buy offline and ship it. That local shop? Good thing it'll be gone soon; only to be replaced by more of the shops you hate.
But if all local shops go out of business then who will receive your gun for you? Handy Bob who for some reason has an FFL? Who may take parts from your gun before he calls you?
>>
>>31564870

How would they do that? How could they assure they're vetting who you really are? Especially considering the ATF isn't allowed to have a searchable database.

Also, since you brought up taxes, think about this: you order large amounts of firearms and sell them for cash, now you are running an illegal gun running operation, because you are ordering guns to sell for profit, not recording your income, and you do not have access to the NCIC or form 4473.

The FFL system is both easy and inexpensive to get into, and it addresses a legitimate problem of mail order straw purchases.
>>
>>31564891
>tfw my FFL is literally named Bob
>just some guy that got an FFL and works out of his annex
And it's a million times better than being fucked by brick and mortar guys. I drive 20 minutes out of town to his old man ranch. It's completely worth it.
>>
>>31564906
Because he has zero overhead and other costs.

Try running a small business some time, it's pretty fucking hard.
If you're not a big enough account, then you need to work through distributors to get product, which is higher in cost because that distributor needs to make money too.
What can you do? Get mad at a small businessman for not giving you a good enough deal? It's not his fault he doesn't make enough on personal sales to get an account with a worldwide rep or factory direct. Maybe if you and everyone else would buy from them, then perhaps he can make enough to be accepted as a factory dealer and get shit at a lower cost so he can sell to you at a lower retail?
>>
>>31564906

I like people like you. People like you make me a lot of money on transfers.

>LGS does FFL transfers for $50 if it isn't in inventory
>if they have the gun in stock they will make the transfer fee be $50 OR make the gun cost what theirs is, whichever is higher
>for instance, you order an SKS for $300, they have one for $500, transfer fee is now $200
>I do them for $10 on my couch, regardless of gun
>if they want I gun I can get at wholesale, I'll get it for them below market price
>it's getting actually difficult to keep up
>>
>>31564919

Yeah no. Pretty much any wholesaler charges the same amount unless you're a Bass Pro or whatever.

Guns, regardless of what they are, post a 10-15% profit, you make no money.

Where you DO make money is accessories and ammo. It is better to barely scrape even on guns and build a friendly customer base who will have you fix guns and buy your accessories, because that's where you make the cash.

Nobody profits on guns, they exist to upsell.
>>
>>31564936
You ever have to deal with Accusport or BRS?
But I agree, ammo is shit. That's only 3 points. But factory Leupold and Swarovski is about 10% less than my other distributors.
The other thing is the discount we get. Why? Because fuck you, 60% off retail feels good man.
>>
>>31564676
They make laws fucking over our ability to buy guns which increased demand and therefore price.
>>
>>31564946

>accessories

Nah man, very rarely do I actually deal with them, I'm small fish, I'm just a cop who saw money in selling shit to my coworkers.

I'm thinking about opening up a real shop when I retire though.
>>
>>31564919
Try being competitive with what a guy can do out of his garage.
>no brick and mortar store in the county even has an online inventory
They're not even trying. The market will fix this.
>>
>>31564968
With all my heart I wish you luck and I hope you enjoy it. Be ready to make some difficult decisions between taxes, keeping yourself fed, your employees happy and your selection plenty. Though the guy who used to own our local shop was a vet who started doing gun business as a fun hobby.
Retail sales will be a very different beast compared to selling to your buddies if you didn't know already. And let me just tell you some weird things from my experience; everyone you meet- or more like 90% of them will be fuckheads. You will have days where you will want to kill your self and never deal with customers again. Most of the people on /k/ would fit that. This is coming from a guy who always tries to be friendly and customer-focused. It just gets to a point.

Anyway, that's my bit. And all the best for when you found your business.
>>
>>31564976
Try affording a non-90's autistic customer-facing ERP system that won't cost me my daughter's three virginities.

I want to say that you're probably dodging laws and taxes without the proper business license or whatever, but I probably don't live in your state.
We do what we can and people seem happy. You'd be surprised at the value-addedness a good listener and good advice will have.
>>
>>31564993

Well when I retire I'll have both a pension and a 401k, and as soon as I quit the force I'll get a check for a little over $600k, so I'm thinking I'll have enough cash to own a building outright and just worry about inventory.

As for employees, I think I'm going to start with my brother and I. I guess I'll see how it goes, of it goes to shit I'll just go to corporate security and wait to hit retirement age.
>>
Local big-box(not walmart) store where I live sells consistently under MSRP. Don't know how they do it, but they've got my business. Meanwhile local gun and pawn shops sell 10% over msrp.
>>
>>31565003
I'm not Bob, I'm just telling you why Bob is better than you.
>>
>>31565014

Wal-mart is big enough to demand pricing, and doesn't really care if they make any profit on anything. If a store nets a single dollar they will keep it open.

The pawn shop pays normal wholesale and needs to make actual money.

People like me can undercut MSRP because instead of marking up 15% I'll mark up 8% and regularly sell to a group of friends, because anything o end up selling is just extra gravy money.
>>
>>31564283
Jesus Christ, sounds like you need to find a better gun store. Most places barely make money off of their guns, ammo and accessories are their money makers.
>>
File: mfw.png (56KB, 568x470px) Image search: [Google]
mfw.png
56KB, 568x470px
>>31564703
>"$100 transfer fee
are you making this up? i want proof.

that is fucking insane.
>>
>>31565031

Not him, but see >>31564926

The idea is if they're the only shop in the area, they will discourage people from buying guns online, and therefore attempt to force folks to buy from their inventory.

It's not only scummy, but destroys their own customer base.
>>
File: KoXiE9c.jpg (434KB, 2000x1125px) Image search: [Google]
KoXiE9c.jpg
434KB, 2000x1125px
noguns here

Is there ever a traditional time when a gun store is less busy? I don't know dick about guns and want to get some info but I don't want to be the asshole who is taking up some dude's time when he could be making money off of other people.
>>
>>31565049
i fucking despise people like that. fuck.
>>
>>31565076

Yeah, but having a single shitty LGS in a heavily progun area means home FFLs like me can make a decent chunk of change just in $10 transfers and 8% markups. I clear a good $600-$700 a month after taxes and whatnot. It's nice, really. I feel kinda like a scab, but as many people have said, the market finds a way.

If you look, you will find a home FFL near you.
>>
>>31565133
dude im glad for you, not hating you. hating those asshole LGS's that rape people like that. it's fucking shitty. the gun community is a shit community full of 'lookin out for #1' faggots.

there was a guy here during sandy vagina or the m855 ban scare that was a vendor at a gun show. he went around to every other gun table and bought up all the m855 and then sold it there at a much higher price.

shitty fucking bullshit like that leaves a sour taste in my mouth about the gun community as a whole.

>If you look, you will find a home FFL near you
luckily my lgs transfers are decent. i was just shocked to see $100 from that other dude.. shits insane.
>>
>>31565142

Oh yeah it's absolutely crazy, and they're the same folks that blubber about online sales shutting them out, like, no, it's your shitty business decisions that are pissing folks off.
>>
>>31564274
Average around 125 bucks savings when buying online including transfer and shipping.
>>
>>31565166
So a pocket 9 that is $450 at say Cabela's and the same pistol at Bud's is $380. After transfer fee and possibly shipping, you are saving $125?

>don't present best-case scenarios as if they are the norm
>don't argue the exception, not the rule
>don't be this gay
>>
File: ffl transfer fee.png (17KB, 532x344px) Image search: [Google]
ffl transfer fee.png
17KB, 532x344px
>>31565031
Most others in the area are 65-75 per gun. The only exception I can think of is one guy who does like 40 flat for all guns but he's only available the second tuesday of harvest month when the planets have aligned to raise the cursed city of R'lyeh.
>>
>>31565153
>no, it's your shitty business decisions that are pissing folks off.

exactly.

>>31565243
u kinda goofed on blurring the names out...
but god damn that sucks man.
>>
>>31565243

> JAMES CRETEAU
> ACTION SHOOTERS SUPPLY
> 267 HALEDON AVE
> HALEDON, NJ, 67508

Next time don't use the transparent paintbrush, dummy
>>
>>31565289
honestly who cares though?
>>
>>31565243
you'd think a major 'hood like philly would be different, but it really isn't.
>>
>>31565289
DOXX'D

ANONYMOUS DOES IT AGAIN, WE NEVER FORGIVE, WE NEVER FORGET
>>
>>31565298

No one, which is why I'm making fun of him/her for trying to hide the name in the first place
>>
File: eriri_no.jpg (72KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
eriri_no.jpg
72KB, 1280x720px
>>31564644

>well-adjusted members of society
>/k/

You've seriously gotta pick one, mate.
>>
Can someone walk me through the process of buying online? Never have with a gun before.
>>
>>31565429
fairly newfag for gun buying as well. i'd like to know this as well pls
>>
>>31565429
>>31565443

Find an FFL, whether that is a home FFL or a brick and mortar store. Tell them your intent to buy a gun online and if they'll do the transfer and ask for how much.

Have him send his FFL information to the seller

Buy the gun and give the seller the address the FFL would like the gun shipped to

Meet up with the FFL, get your 4473 filled out and complete the transfer
>>
>>31565458
Thanks
>>
>>31564458

more like because gun store owners are living in the past where they used to be the only show in town for buying guns.
>>
>>31565472

No problem.

Also, generally brick and mortar stores will charge more for transfers, but obviously there is less inherent risk and using a physical store than some dude selling shut out of his garage.
>>
>>31565458
>>31565478
thanks m8
>>
>>31564516
where would you get AR and AK-47 ammo, online?

completely new to k, here
>>
>>31564458
That is the heart of the matter, but only to a point. If a store is routinely selling it's inventory for a few hundred dollars above what someone would pay online + S&H + reasonable FFL fee (let's be generous and say 25-40), then they're likely either gouging, or have made some very poor business decisions up to that point. In either case, a store charging $500 for a Ruger LCP does not deserve to be rewarded for the mere fact that they leased a store front.
>>
>>31565492
check out the milsurp thread. one of the links there should have milsurp ammo. don't buy it in a store. you'll get your asshole gauged a few sizes up.
>>
File: 20161005_065956.png (334KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
20161005_065956.png
334KB, 1440x2560px
>>31565031
Not him, but...
>>
>>31565507
cool, thank you
>>
>>31565536
is that to you? did you tell them to fuck RIGHT OFF like the faggots they are? fucking assholes.
>>
>>31565561
Yes, and no. He's my nfa dealer and the only one in the area so I can't go burning bridges.
>>
File: AroundJacks.jpg (33KB, 393x382px) Image search: [Google]
AroundJacks.jpg
33KB, 393x382px
>>31564644
>Gays and gypsies are also at fault for the price-gouging perpetrated on well-adjusted members of society such as us who browse on /k/.

I think Austists and other mental incompetents\ deficients are the bigger problem. One study found 28% of mass murderers were on the spectrum. Nearly all of them had some kind of retardation that should have kept them form having the right to bear arms. We really need to revamp our mental healthcare system. In the past and in most of the world you don't let lunatics run around amongst the normal people until they decide to start mailing bombs or blow up buildings or shoot everybody at a school,college, hospital, church, nursing home, etc.
>>
>>31565572
you guys are all fags. imagine if everyone said 'fuck right off' to him...
>>
They have to keep the fucking lights on you little bitch. Naturally everything is going to be cheaper online you fuck stick. I love when pissants like you come in my store crying B-BUT IT'S CHEAPER ONLINE

So go buy it online. Don't waste my time I couldve been using to actually help another customer
>>
>>31565584
And then no one gets NFA stuff. Good thinking.
>>
>>31565573

Not ever having dealt with "mental health professionals"/10.
Head to a shrink sometime. There's something wrong with you that needs pills. I mean both the universal "You" and the specific "You."

>In most of the world
I don't give a fuck what most of the world does. If most of the world is a bunch of retards, I don't want to do what they are doing.

The last thing any of us need is to hand more power to a bunch of pretentious shitbirds that think they know better.
>>
>>31565589
>"mental health professionals"
I know, they're the problem, they've been pushing this medicate and integrate nonsense and society has been going along with it with dire consequences. We need to be removing defective folks from society like we used to, but we shot down all the sanitariums and you can't just lock away an insane family member in a shed or attic anymore without "Social Serivces" or whoever showing up.
>>
>>31564536
headspacing being off.
>>
>>31564220
There's an LGS near me that's selling N-PAPs for $720, CZ 452s for $413, and pic related for $1121. Of course, there's also a major ammo manufacturer that supplies inexpensive practice ammo (16¢/round TMJ 9mm and the like, most ranges in the area carry it and jack up the price to $13/50 rounds or worse) along with $15 FFL transfers. It's almost like the LGS is trying to lose business.
>more than half of their inventory is Glocks and another 40% is ARs
>small fuddish town
I give them a year at most.
>>
File: GetFucked,Commie.jpg (161KB, 523x720px) Image search: [Google]
GetFucked,Commie.jpg
161KB, 523x720px
>>31564406
Daily reminder that you're a fuddtard who doesn't know what he's talking about
>>31564426
>>31564577
is the correct answer. Here's how it works:
>buy gun online, pay for it
>its sent to FFL shop
>you go and inspect weapon
>if its unacceptable, do not accept transfer. begin return processs, otherwise..
>accept transfer. fill out paperwork (4473). pay LGS
>>
>>31565492
gunbotdot net

Looks sketchy, works like a motherfucker. X39 for .21 cpr and .223 for .28-.33 cpr
>>
But Bud's is a brick and mortar store.

In fact, they have 3 physical stores.
>>
>>31564926
my local charges $50 and a percentage of the guns cost. they are fucking dicks. i dont like them, and refuse to patronize their store. I've bought thousands of dollars of stuff from there when i was younger, and have been going there since i was a kid with my dad.
>>
>>31565586
>go to sell XD45 at lgs
>best I can do $200 that's me only making a $120 profit is someone buys it.
>sell it, fuck it.
>looking at the pistols behind the glass
>see USED XD45 $530
>get guys attention, point it out, and I'm laughing
>Gonna sell it for $320 huh?
>oh that tag must be wrong

Lgs are shit because of you.
>>
>>31565687
>OH It's only 320?
Well in that case I'll buy that one, instead of selling mine and sell them both where people don't lie to my face.
>>
>>31565586
>Go to gun shop
>4 fudds standing around..something about obama
>fudds stop talking to look at me condescending
>overpriced everything..$40 transfer
>Nope out and go get $15 transfers from the CHL instructor..$10 with CHL.
>Fudd shop closes down I laff.
> go in pawn shop offer $100 on used shotgun that goes for $120 in excellent condition
>refuses offer
>Notice pawned old ammo marked at retail prices
>>
File: 1472179855598.jpg (80KB, 450x298px) Image search: [Google]
1472179855598.jpg
80KB, 450x298px
>>31564644
>implying half of /k/ aren't massive faggots
>>
>>31564824
I'm in fucking Canada and can order a gun straight to my house.

Uncuck yourself m8
>>
>>31564283
You still technically need to pay for sales tax on your state taxes, assuming you live in a state that has sales tax and state tax returns
>>
>>31564220
the way that my local LGS does it is that by taking classes and buying range-time you get discounts on ammo, inventory, and FFL transfers at the store. They really make their money at the Range, and I think the idea is to keep the retail branch as a loss leader.

I don't mind - got a PPU battlepack of 7.62x51 for around 52 cents a round - under anything I could find online.

Not to mention that the classes are taught by SWAT instructors and it looks good with the local PD when you're applying for weapons-licenses.
>>
>>31566059
Yeah, usually falls under "use tax" and is completely unenforced.
>>
I've only ever bought one gun in-store

>Want G19 gen4
>Decide to order it from lgs since they're list price online is the same as everywhere else
>They don't have it in stock like their site said they did, but whatever I'll have to wait no matter where I order from
>It finally arrives a month later
>Whoops we ordered it for you with talo night sights you didn't specify
>Well it'll be my winter carry gun so upgraded sights are cool, but how much will they be extra? I didn't ask for them.
>about an extra $80

At this point I had no idea what those sights cost but I figured once I factored in having to buy a sight adjustment tool to replace the factory ones eventually it would probably even out, so I said ok and bought it. Total came to like $680 including fucking sales taxes. I was a little pissed a $560 gun turned into $680 but the guy running the store is a pretty cool dude and the sights are pretty damn nice. I've ordered every gun I've bought since then online though, there's another lgs in town that does $15 transfers and I can't justify spending more money than I have to.
Thread posts: 116
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.