[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>be me, in para regiment >1982, get sent to some rocks

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 10

File: IMG_0433.jpg (62KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0433.jpg
62KB, 480x360px
>be me, in para regiment
>1982, get sent to some rocks in the ocean with some sheep on it
>Just as we show up two of our ships are sunk and we keep getting strafed by Argentinan Sky Hawks
>nobody does anything about it
>finally get dropped off by world war 2 landing craft even though I'm a fucking paratrooper
>ordered to walk across open fields towards Goose Green until we take contact lol
>get pinned down by 35mm air burst flak fire and heavy machine guns
>request harrier air support and artillery support
>HQ says no we don't have any lol
>Get word over radio that commanding officer is dead
>suddenly we see all these white flags being thrown up by the Argentinians.
>Welp guess we won lol

How were the British so laughably terrible at war and still won in the Falklands?
>>
>>31563841
Butthurt argie detected. The Brits at the time was at their lowest point in terms of military. They still beat the argees. They fought a battle 5000 km away and still managed to deliver supplies and sustain a campaign. However pale this in comparison to WWI, it was still an impressive feat.
>>
>>31563841
Because the Argentinians were just that bad.
>>
>>31563841
>How were the British so laughably terrible at war and still won in the Falklands?
Because the french would stop sending these nice Exocet missiles to the argies who then realised their only asset was non existent.

Oh they also realised they had no allies and nobody gave two shits about their shit island.
>>
>>31565305
In fact, the Argies had no real claim to those islands, considering they have been inhabitated for at least 150 years by ethnic British people who see themselves as British. It was just a smokescreen to blind the population from the economic woes. It ended up costing them quite a few planes and hardly replaced ships.
>>
File: ArgentinaLOL.jpg (79KB, 900x527px) Image search: [Google]
ArgentinaLOL.jpg
79KB, 900x527px
>>31563841
>be OP
>be Argie
>still butthurt about getting their shit pushed in 30+ years later
>still not white
>the end
>>
>>31563841
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKkcTpCur7g

That should answer your questions.
>>
>>31565776
>[RAF laughing]

every time
>>
>>31563841
Man, the Argies got thrashed by the Poms in the Falklands after reading up on it.

You guys had the advantage and the everyone expect the Poms to have a much harder time but they fucking did it and retook the Falklands.

Absolute madmen.
>>
File: argies.jpg (48KB, 720x482px) Image search: [Google]
argies.jpg
48KB, 720x482px
>>
File: 1475303808678.jpg (243KB, 925x960px) Image search: [Google]
1475303808678.jpg
243KB, 925x960px
>>31563841
>his country can't even steal a fucking rock from a country that's 8000 miles away
>even with all those nice weapons from the French
>>
>>31563841
>remember hearing about the war and it's documentry
>apprently the code for when a officer dies is sunrise
>also they had gurkhas some of the argentinians were all 14 year old conscripts and gave up thinking they were going to die
>was argintians the only war with a decent army
>forgot to add the argentinians airforce were scared of the harrires so were told not to ingage them but to run away
>was a cadet our CO was a paratrooper medic vet from the falkland wars very likeable he talked of the war he was very quite it was an odd feeling
>>
>>31565995
I thought Brits spoke English, that shit hurt my brain.
>>
>>31563841
My father fought at goose green in D company.
> Paras were outnumbered anyway.
> Paras were not fighting conscripts, they were fighting all volunteer 25 regiment and a mixed unit of 12th regiment,
> Harrier, artillery and naval gunfire was used.
> Argentines used napalm bombs during the battle.
> colonel jones died leading a bayonet charge
> Just infuriated the paras and just fight harder.

> Outnumbers and attacking entrenched postition and still less casualties than Argentina,
>>
>>31566019
das da queens english dat is
>>
File: wargame good meme.jpg (14KB, 261x202px) Image search: [Google]
wargame good meme.jpg
14KB, 261x202px
>>31565965
Leaked cables show that the it was the Israelis, not the French, giving Exocets and Daggers to the Argie Bargies under the table to fight off the British.

I guess with Jews, you always lose.
>>
>>31563841
>How were the British so laughably terrible at war and still won in the Falklands?

Hardly terrible at war considering all of our allies told us that retaking the falkland islands would be impossible yet we still managed to invade and support a campaign over 5000 miles away where argentina had a considerable advantage and still lost.
>>
File: 1462889773566.png (157KB, 625x370px) Image search: [Google]
1462889773566.png
157KB, 625x370px
>>31566065
>Leaked cables show that the it was the Israelis
>Israelis
Mfw
>>
File: argies2.jpg (108KB, 960x675px) Image search: [Google]
argies2.jpg
108KB, 960x675px
>>31566065
To be fair though, the UK was selling weapons to the enemies of the Israelis all through the middle east.
The merchant always wins in war
>>
>>31563841
How are Brits so terrible at EVERYTHING and still won the world?
>>
>>31563841
argies had no idea how fucking intense paras and marines love kicking the fuck out of things. also we had two methods of deploying nuclear weapons in the area (vulcan and trident) maggie would have used em as well, she was a mad cunt.

the argies have another go now and they're in for a rough run. integrated air defense, full strength infantry company and a destroyer. virtually every one in the uk military has deployed to either afghan or iraq and has some experience of what a fight is like
>>
>>31566144
>To be fair though, the UK was selling weapons to the enemies of the Israelis all through the middle east.

The list of instances where the UK has fucked Israel over would be quite extensive.
>>
>>31563841
When white men fight brown men, the white men win.
>>
Colonel Jones was holding the battalion back, after he died things got moving.
>>
>>31564359
he called it the Falklands, he's not an argie
>>
>>31563841
>"Falklands"
>>31564359
>Butthurt argie detected

Uh. You might want to read a book.

Like maybe just any book, about anything. You don't seem particularly intelligent.
>>
I'm OP. I'm Canadian and American. Literally the best combination.

I posted this because there was a documentary on PBS last night where a bunch of falkland vets went back there and talked about their experience. I was flabbergasted at what the paras went through. Seemed like they weren't used properly.

The para regiment initially went at the far side of goose green at night and surprised the Argentinians and kicked the shit out of them. But come day break they were getting ass raped, had multiple KIA and at the stage in the fight they WERE denied harrier and artillery support. Then for some reason H Jones charges the enemy position and dies.

Later on towards the end of the war a signal guy was attached to the paras (to finally provide them artillery support) and accidentally called down air burst artillery on themselves. They took another KIA and WIA. For fucks sake.

Why did they use only infantry in an open field to engage a heavily entrenched enemy? Did they not have any means of sending light tanks with them? Did they not have attack helicopters either in '82?
>>
>>31567506
The helicopters were destroyed my dude.
>>
>>31567506
>>31567791

Yup. SS Atlantic Conveyor had them on board and got hit by exocets, enventually sinking.
>>
File: 87692748356.gif (2MB, 500x390px) Image search: [Google]
87692748356.gif
2MB, 500x390px
>Trying to misrepresent a victory as a defeat because it was hard to achieve
>>
>>31567506
>Why did they use only infantry in an open field to engage a heavily entrenched enemy? Did they not have any means of sending light tanks with them? Did they not have attack helicopters either in '82?

You think the people there were dumb because you know absolutely nothing about the situation and fill the gaps with nothing but ignorance, then get mad at the results.
>>
>>31566689
Nice ad hominem you got there m80
>>
>>31567506
>Seemed like they weren't used properly.

How have you not figured out that perhaps you have absolutely no idea how the forces there were used.
>>
File: Potato chan.png (249KB, 770x696px) Image search: [Google]
Potato chan.png
249KB, 770x696px
>>31567506
>I half-paid attention to a TV show last night

>Therefore I know in hindsight exactly what happened in an entire war and know better than everyone who fought it

Another fine morning on /k/ - Weapons
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.