[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Talk me out of getting a savage long range hunter in .338LM.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0463.jpg (90KB, 824x1002px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0463.jpg
90KB, 824x1002px
Talk me out of getting a savage long range hunter in .338LM.

More easily, talk me into the right budget glass for it.
>>
>>31560731
You'd be shooting what it costs me to eat lunch everytime you pull the trigger.
>>
>>31560731
Anything that says 'magnum' will cost $1 or $2 a shot, beat the fuck out of your shoulder, and will soon be sitting in a hock shop or fun store on consignment with all the others.

Burris glass is made in America, guaranteed for the life of the scope, and can be had for under $200 at Opticsplanet.

And that's the way it is.
>>
>>31560769
So true. Most people don't realize what they are buying when they buy something like that.
>>
>>31560769
Last i looked federal premium was $72 for 20
>>
>>31560731
>$1000 gun
>Budget optic
No. Get a cheaper gun with a better optic, or save up for a good optic.
>>
>>31561434
>budget glass
> long range

You're better off with irons then budget glass if you actually plan on shooting long range.
>>
>>31560731
Nightforce SHV or SWFA SS line for budget glass
>>
>>31560731
6.5 can arguably do the same job.

Not as well, but unless you're able to consistently hit out to 1.2+ km, .338 LM is not worth it.

Love the round, definitely my favorite long range round next to .50, but bolt actions are rough, need specialty gear and unless you are able to reach out to the ranges you want, again, not worth the money.

Best budget glass, hands down, without a doubt, unarguably, SWFA SS series. Comes in everything from 10x to 20x. Fixed magnification. it sacrifices this for the best, most rugged and survivable glass you can get.

SWFA was making their SS 10x mil dot for the Navy for a couple years, they got their fill and moved on. During this time, it was being sold by Burris or some shit for like 800 a pop. The way the company was working was real fucky. Anyways, after the contract ended, SWFA gave the finger to their importer or some shit, said fuck it and started selling their own to the same specs the Navy requested.

At 250 to a 300 dollar price tag.

Damn, damn, damn fucking good glass. Work horse kind of glass. Doesn't have all the bells and whistles, but lasts years, handles the worst conditions you can throw at it, stays zeroed with good rings, and can handle .50 bmg safely.
>>
>>31560769
Why are you going all Delores del-attentionwhoringthetripevenharder?
>>
>>31560731
for big game .300 win mag is just as good until 1500 yards in some loads, it's cheaper, and more easily available.

Swfa SS fixed 16 power.
>>
>buying anything magnum and asking for budget glass
Don't fucking do it you tard
.338 is 2-3 bucks a round, and if you can't afford proper glass you likely won't be able to afford feeding it, meaning you won't be as good with it as you would a rifle you could actually afford to practice with
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.