[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

anyone have experience with CCI quiet .22? I'm curious if

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: image.png (1MB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1MB, 640x1136px
anyone have experience with CCI quiet .22? I'm curious if it would be so quiet I could let a round off inside or if that's pushing it. I don't think I'll do it because I'm in a condo with neighbors plus the gasses, but I was wondering if they would be able to tell.
>>
>>31560625
subsonic .22 is just as loud as any other .22 unless you've got a suppressor
>>
Out of a pistol? No.
Out of a rifle? Yes.
>>
>>31560625
I got drunk one time and my buddies and I fired a bunch of them into a stack of phone books.
>>
>>31560649
that is blatantly false.... the vast majority of the sound from bullets comes from the breaking of the sound barrier... if you stay subsonic, you stay quiet
>>
>>31560649
are you retarded?

i think you're retarded.

you're clearly retarded because you think subsonic rounds are the same db as supersonic rounds.
>>
>>31560625

You want CB longs. Most pellet guns are louder than CB longs.
>>
>>31560706
Hey Meplat! Did you come back to witness the end of the 4Chin?
>>
>>31560694
That's why unsuppressed .45 is super duper quiet, right?
>>
I use the CCI 22 short rounds in my marlin 39a. Sounds quieter than my brothers air rifle. I can shoot this in my backyard and neighbors cannot hear it.

Now the 22lr hollow points... those really crack
>>
>>31560649
Spotted the noguns
>>
OP here. Just for clarification, it would be from a bolt action Savage Mark 2.

The CB caps or whatever they are called are even quieter?
>>
>>31560625

Do it with a rifle if you insist. Quieter than a pellet gun from a rifle length barrel.

>>31560649

Completely wrong. I shoot subsonic .22 in my backyard all the time. It is very quiet out of a rifle and not too bad out of a handgun.
>>
>>31560985
Little spoiler, champ.
Almost all.22lr is subsonic out of pistol length barrels already.
>>
>>31561017

And? There are lots of gasses and burning powder which creates quite a bit of noise. The purpose built subsonic ammunition often has a very small powder charge or in many cases none at all, relying completely on the primer, creating very little muzzle report.
>>
>>31560715
Perhaps.

Depends on nihonjin Moot.
>>
>>31560694
The fuck you say. Can you hear a 45? Shot gun? You shouldnt speak unless you are asking questions.
>>
CCI quiets loud as fuck out of a handgun, but out of a rifle they are ok. if you want really silent .22 get the augila shit. they offer two types, lowder powder then there is the stuff with out the powder and only the primer, stuff goes like 300 some fps.
>>
Lot of confusion in here. The ammo OP is referring to is not regular subsonic, its downloaded even more than that. Similar to the Agulia Super Colibri in performance level, though I've heard its a tad louder. Both the Suber Coilbri and the CCI Quiet are designed to be low noise, not just subsonic.

For reference the CCI Quiet is advertised at 710fps and 68dB with a 40gr bullet. Remington subsonic advertises 1050fps with a 38gr bullet, no dB information though you can imagine its louder due to the larger powder charge. The Super Colibri stuff is around 600fps with a 20gr bullet advertised as "powerless" so i guess the primer is the only charge. I dont think Super Colibri is made anymore.

I fired 1 round of the Remington subsonic out of a p22 in my basement, shit was loud. A friend and I took some shots in his backyard with a single six and the Super Colibri ammo and it was air gun quiet.

In closing, I bet you could get away with popping off a CCI Quiet for shits and gigs. Even if someone heard it they probably wouldn't register it as a gunshot.
>>
>>31561971
neat, thanks
>>
File: IMG_0914.jpg (3MB, 3888x2592px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0914.jpg
3MB, 3888x2592px
>>31560625
I have noting to contribute concerning CCI Quiet, but I have this cat with a rifle.
>>
>>31562730
saved
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.