[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would making an incredibly overbuilt shotgun with a removable

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: fa_sg_ks23_o1.jpg (161KB, 800x452px) Image search: [Google]
fa_sg_ks23_o1.jpg
161KB, 800x452px
Would making an incredibly overbuilt shotgun with a removable rifled choke be considered a destructive device?
>>
File: 1473904837461.jpg (303KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1473904837461.jpg
303KB, 800x600px
Bumping 4 interest
Elaborate OP
>>
>>31560467
What I mean is hypothetically making a shotgun that could feasibly take a full 3 1/2 case of powder with a jacketed slug that happens to be compatible with a similarly over built rifled choke tube.

Like a modern big bore rifle but with paradox rifling.
>>
File: 1472636638088.jpg (81KB, 750x500px) Image search: [Google]
1472636638088.jpg
81KB, 750x500px
>>31560417
that shotgun makes my dick rock hard and makes me sad we will never get them.
>>
>>31560602
Is there a reason why they can't be imported beyond the whole 'used to be an AA barrel'?
>>
>>31560417
Why not just buy a rifled barrel for it?
Shotguns are exempt from the .5 bore rule.
>>
>>31560620
Sanctions coupled with the Russians probably not even wanting to sell them.
>>
>>31560645
>Shotguns are exempt from the .5 bore rule.
Up to a point they are, no?I think 10gauge is the limit in the US as far as hulled shot shells are considered for sporting purposes. I know there are 8 gauge industrial shotguns for busting up slag in kilns and such. I could be wrong, but I am pretty sure anything that is not loose powder over 10 gauge is considered a destructive device.
>>
>>31560695
ATF seems to define anything meant to fire shells as a shotgun but after 10, which is the most common sporting shell, it would be up to you to make that argument.
>>
>>31560417
Fun fact - the shotgun barrel on these are made from discarded 23mm AA barrels originally meant for the 2A7 which can be found on the Shilka.
>>
>>31560695
Shotguns themselves are not exempt. It is the cartridges themselves that have the exemption.
>>
>>31560695
Shotguns over .5" are only exempt under the sporting arms exemption. If the ATF feels there is not enough sporting use for a model they will not exempt it from the NFA.
>>
>>31560754
>ATF feels there is not enough sporting use for a model they will not exempt it from the NFA.
Well that kind of answers it then since most stated limit hunting to 10 gauge or smaller bore.

which is sad, because I would love to have some devious bastard make a 4gauge by 6 inch shell firing monster shotgun
>>
>>31560785
>most states
That's a federal law as part of the migratory bird treaties. Multiple countries are limited like this.
>>
File: Ge7a4.jpg (331KB, 1200x897px) Image search: [Google]
Ge7a4.jpg
331KB, 1200x897px
>>31560695
>8 gauge industrial shotgun
I NEED IT
>>
>>31560806
>That's a federal law
Yeah thought about that after I posted. Migratory bird hunting regulations are done on the federal level. Which makes super big bore shotguns all fall under destructive devices- as they have no "legitimate sporting purpose"
>>
>>31560665
old sanctions too
I think they're more of voluntary trade restrictions or somesuch
they're not on the old ass list of Russian guns approved for import to the US, this status is unaffected by recent sanctions

also, 4 guage, or whatever the KS-23 works out to, is DD, atf really only allows up to 10ga for new production sporting weapons
>>
>>31560602
You can buy a TOZ-123 (civilian KS-23) in the US - there's a handful making their way around the circuit - One sold last year for about $1,200.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.