[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How should I prepare physically to join the military, what exercise

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 1473678409400.jpg (444KB, 2560x1706px) Image search: [Google]
1473678409400.jpg
444KB, 2560x1706px
How should I prepare physically to join the military, what exercise regime should I be doing.
How often should I be doing it and when should I start?
>>
I do weightlifting on one day then a 5km run the next day
>>
>>31551852
walk 2 miles every day and do 10 push ups.

you are now in the top 10% of enlisted.
>>
Learn to wait around all day while sucking up tax payer money like a vacuum
>>
>>31551852
Fuck, I miss that firing range. Not the weather there though.
>>
>>31551866
lol completely true
>>
>>31551866
Of pogs
FTFY

OP meet the minimum requirements, the military will do the rest.
>>
>>31551866
Your a fucking faggot.
>>
>>31551852
Killing people, a lot.
>>
File: Senio2.jpg (65KB, 450x800px) Image search: [Google]
Senio2.jpg
65KB, 450x800px
>>31551852
Just met the entrance requirements

>>31551858
Same, actually.
I mix the runs up though with 5km runs and 400m interval sprints. I also do bodyweight compulsories after the runs and try and get out for a good long pack walk in the weekend
>>
Push ups, anything to help develop abs (not crunches, they won't help and fucked up my back), and run 4 days a week. Pull ups too.
>>
Look up the requirements for your country's military physical fitness test, and be able to pass that before you even talk to a recruiter.
Go to the /meg/ and ask questions there, they are pretty good about pointing you in the right direction.

Tip from someone who just got out of the Army:
Run, do push ups and sit ups. When you can do anymore of those, keep doing them. Run some more until you can't run anymore, then keep running. Repeat until you can pass.
>>
Kind of off topic: Can an anon who's been to war tell me how do you don't get yourself killed while deployed?
I understand from statistics that there is a certain risk you can't control, like stepping on a mine or driving over an IED, but are there any steps you can take to reduce the chance, like steps you can take to reduce the chance of getting shot?
I saw a film where the platoon leader told the soldiers to ALWAYS take a knee when they were standing still. Is this a thing?
>>
Move to the worst neighborhood in your state and try to talk sense into the human excrement living there.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.