[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts on the Eaa Witness elite match in 10mm? I may get one

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: FDQgiNll.jpg (44KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
FDQgiNll.jpg
44KB, 640x360px
Thoughts on the Eaa Witness elite match in 10mm? I may get one as an engagement present. I've heard something about replacing the spring, anyone know anything about that?
>>
No love for 10 mm?
>>
monitoring this thread
>>
>>31549807
no one has one.
>>
>>31550030
I don't think it's gonna take off unfortunately.
>>
>>31549807
They seem nice from the little I've handled them and looked at them. Never shot one though so I can't speak with a lot of experience.

As for the spring replacement people often replace the recoil springs with stiffer ones on 10mm pistols so that they can shoot full power 10mm.
>>
>>31549807
http://www.realguns.com/articles/606.htm
>>
>>31549807

>Engagement present

Boyfriend loves big handguns?
>>
>>31550159
This will be my first foray into that caliber, so if I don't replace the spring do I have to make sure I only buy a certain type of ammo?
>>
>>31550197
Thanks in reading that now.

>>31550240
I'm actually the boyfriend. She wanted to get me something because I'm buying the ring, and I just thought it would be neat. Like just a fun gun to shoot watermelons or something with.
>>
File: 1470528067582.jpg (66KB, 528x792px) Image search: [Google]
1470528067582.jpg
66KB, 528x792px
>engagement present
>>
>>31550383
U jell
>>
>>31549807
They're decent. Elite match or better is necessary, the plain witness in 10mm will have a cracked frame before 200 rounds.
>>
File: Bt36tdx.jpg (737KB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
Bt36tdx.jpg
737KB, 5312x2988px
I don't have a 10mm, but I have one in 9mm.

Wanna hear my two cents anyways?
>>
>>31554338
sure
>>
>>31550243
10 mm comes in rather mild loadings comparable to .40 S&W and increasingly hot loadings which exceed the mild loads significantly. your gun most likely comes with weak springs to ensure function with mild loads. if you want to shoot hot loads you should get at least stiffer recoil spring, better yet recoil and hammer springs. shooting hot ammo with weak springs lets the slide batter the frame, which can lead to peening and cracking with time.
>>
>>31554593
It has about 4k rounds through it, and I haven't had a single malfunction.

It's heavy as fuck, Tanfoglio developed their "large frame" to fix the frame issues they had on previous models. This also makes it incompatible with traditional CZ grips. Mags are fairly inexpensive, they're made by Mec-Gar and they're cheaper than my M&P mags. The slide feels like it rides on ball bearings, it's extremely smooth. Sights are basic, no dots, but there are sights available aftermarket. The gun is meant for bullseye shooting, but I shoot IDPA and even though it breaks the weight requirement they let me shoot anyways. It's accurate as fuck, and the trigger is pretty great and adjustable. The extended mag release. slide stop, and safety lever are nice touches as well. I'm happy with it, and I'd buy one again especially for $500 that I paid after tax.

Don't have much experience with 10mm, but with 9mm is has very little recoil due to the sheer weight of the gun.
>>
>>31554628
Neat, thanks for the info
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.