[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

sup /k/, hypothetically, let's say i live in New Jersey

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

sup /k/,

hypothetically, let's say i live in New Jersey and have access to and am considering using one of the DIY resin AR lower kits to build my own rifle. never had any trouble with the law, don't have an FID or anything, never applied for one, don't even have any guns. financially, this seems to be the smartest way for me to have a rifle at this point in time, as i already have the kit available to me, as well as a whole bunch of components to start the build. as long as i follow the pinned stock/permanent compensator/15 rd, etc imposed by NJ and build the rifle for myself, is there anything in the law's eyes that i could be in violation of that would cause trouble for me or do i just have the green light to go ahead and build myself an AR. thanks for the help senpai.
>>
>>31549480
Perhaps you shouldn't talk about Fight Club, anon.
>>
>>31549593
i don't plan on flaunting it around, just don't want to get in trouble having it and want to make sure that if i go to a range with this thing and i happen to get pulled over, i'm not going to jail or anything.
>>
>>31549480
Oh, an amateur gunsmith. I see. Looking at your laws you seem to be A-OK, but it's likely best to just keep things quiet. You know, so nobody steals your ideas.

I suggest you also have some materials that indicates an attempt to develop a better firearm. (drawings, concept sketches, etc) Journal your build, write down what happened and some musings about what could have gone better.

I imagine if you have all of these things that demonstrates an intent to prototype a firearm then it would be reasonable for a casual observer to see you're serious about this hobby.
>>
You can "finish" a receiver and continue the build without registration. So long as you may lawfully own a rifle, you may continue to enjoy your second amendment freedoms granted to you as an American citizen.
>>
Just keep your mouth shut. Before I moved out of that shit hole I had a "pistol" made out of an old polish flare gun and one of those 22 adapters. You really should move to America though.
>>
>>31550845
> Freedoms are granted, not a natural property of mankind

Reeeeeeeeeeee
>>
>>31550845
Not in New Jersey.
>>
>>31552113
This
>>
File: 1473952397913.jpg (376KB, 2606x1749px) Image search: [Google]
1473952397913.jpg
376KB, 2606x1749px
SUBCHAPTER 4. WHOLESALE DEALERS, MANUFACTURERS AND WHOLESALE DEALERS AGENTS
AND EMPLOYEES

3:54-4.2 Registration required
No person shall manufacture or sell at wholesale any firearm or part of a firearm unless he has been registered by the
Superintendent under the provisions of this chapter.

"Manufacturer" means any person who receives or obtains raw materials or parts and processes them into firearms or
finished parts of firearms, except a person who exclusively processes grips, stocks, and other nonmetal parts of firearms.
The term does not include a person who repairs existing firearms or receives new and raw materials or parts solely for
the repair of existing firearms.

Watch out for your dog anon.
>>
>>31552220
^^This. 80% guns are illegal in communist Jersey.
>>
>>31549480
dont get resin/plastic/composit lowers, i have been there before anon, they look tasty and cheap.

they break, i had one i milled out and it fucking broke just putting the roll pins in. get an aluminum one if you want one so badly. dont even look at plastics.
>>
>>31552113
>in the beginning we were all dumb troglodytes, then some of us were slightly less dumb, and ruled over others through wit, or strength, or heredity. so no. human history has been one long struggle to free ourselves from the leaders of our selves, to increase the strength and wit of certain members of society for perhaps the benefit from that same society.
>but thats just my opinion
>>
>>31549480
I will confess to being an NJ fag. I looked into this a while back for myself. Actually contacted the NJ Association of Rifle and Pistol Clubs (NJ's NRA affiliate) to get an answer. In NJ it is illegal to make/manufacture/produce a firearm without a manufacturing licence (and good luck getting one of those). In sort you can't legally do it.

If you decide to do this:
>Do not ever mention it again
>Do not shoot the gun in NJ
>Do not buy it over the Internet yourself
>Buy it cash or have an out of state friend buy it for you
>>
>>31549480
Just so you know NJ case law also states that if you have the components and/or the capability to make a firearm that would violate that state law it is considered intent to break the law.

Oh and am I the only one who thought that was a chocolate lower at first?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.