[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

would tthe united kingdom be able to challenge argentina's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 7

would tthe united kingdom be able to challenge argentina's rule of south atlantic and reclaim the malvinas islands?
>>
>>31545142
Yes, easily
>>
Considering Argentina's navy is in such a bad state that ships have sunk at port and others have been repossessed when they pull into a foreign dock to cover debts... I think the answer is yes.
>>
>>31545241
Could probably take them back with a couple 30ft cutters and a bass boat.
>>
>>31545142
I wonder if britain should give themselves a handicap for the sake of fairness.

like take half their navy out into the Atlantic ocean and nuke it.

or only use rigid inflatables and handgrenades.
>>
Ha

There would be an Argentinian container ship in every British port by the time the filthy tea Slurpee had made landfall

well see how thought they are when the Argentina flag waves over the parliament.
>>
>>31545142
The British are already in control of the Falklands... They have been for a few decades now
>>
>>31545282
2000 personnel are permanently posted there in addition to FIDF.
4 Fighter bombers, and a patrol boat are permanently based there.

Theres usually a destroyer, frigate and sub on patrol in the south Atlantic...

>>31545349
Ruskie scum detected.
>>
Reminder that Argentina in not white, and the Falklands are rightful British clay.
>>
>>31545349
UtterlyShitBait/10
>>
While i agree that the type 42 is a superb, if the not the best, air defence destroyer out there, it is useless against argentine submarines
>>
>>31545142

What do you mean?
>>
>>31545937
How good are argentine subs? I guarantee there is always an Astute somewhere in the area.
>>
>>31546146
tr1700 is the fastest sub on earth, it could outrun astute's torpedoes
>>
>argentina's rule of south atlantic

Uh, what.
>>
>>31546198
>it could outrun astute's torpedoes
It can go more than 80 knots?
>>
>>31546272
does the astute emply super cavitating torpedoes?
>>
File: argentina navy.jpg (53KB, 750x460px) Image search: [Google]
argentina navy.jpg
53KB, 750x460px
>>31545142
>argentina's rule of south atlantic and
Switzerland could beat Argentina's navy at the moment.
>>
File: argies btfo.jpg (64KB, 689x456px) Image search: [Google]
argies btfo.jpg
64KB, 689x456px
>>31545607
>Theres usually a destroyer, frigate and sub on patrol in the south Atlantic...
Erm, no.

>>31545937
>While i agree that the type 42 is a superb, if the not the best, air defence destroyer out there, it is useless against argentine submarines
The type 42 has been out of service for several years now and Argentinas subs don't leave port.

>>31546146
>I guarantee there is always an Astute somewhere in the area.
Then you're a moron who doesn't know what he's talking about.
>>
>>31546381
>does the astute emply super cavitating torpedoes?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spearfish_torpedo

These torpedoes are currently being upgraded so expect those numbers to improve.
>>
>>31545142

>would tthe united kingdom be able to challenge argentina's rule of south atlantic and reclaim the malvinas islands?

I'm confused.

Since when does Argentina rule the South Atlantic?
>>
>>31546554
they have always ruled the south atlantic
i agree that their expeditionary capabilities are not so great like it was 2 decades ago, but they still rule the south atlantic
>>
File: 1316590636772.png (230KB, 478x357px) Image search: [Google]
1316590636772.png
230KB, 478x357px
>>31545142
Considering how the Royal navy smashed the Argentinian fleet back in the 80s, yeah, I'm pretty sure if the UK got off their self-hating kick and wanted to be a relevant world power again they could do exactly that.
>>
>>31546469
>>Theres usually a destroyer, frigate and sub on patrol in the south Atlantic...
>Erm, no.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Standing_Royal_Navy_deployments#Atlantic_Patrol_Tasking_South

How the fuck can you not know this
>>
File: 1464803298102.jpg (22KB, 480x354px) Image search: [Google]
1464803298102.jpg
22KB, 480x354px
>>31545142
Muh naval powah.
>>
>>31546469

>erm, no

erm yes you retard
>>
File: Falklands.gif (2MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
Falklands.gif
2MB, 480x270px
Malvinas' d-definitely n-not Falklands...
>>
>>31545142
The Argentine navy's ships sink when docked and they can't even afford new ammo to replace their expired stuff.

>>31545937
>While i agree that the type 42 is a superb
It's lucky that the brits replaced them with type 45s then.
>>
>>31546469
You may be right about the destroyer and frigate, but only a handful of people in the world actually know where a British sub is at any given moment. It could literally be anywhere.
>>
YOU ARE A ARGENTINIAN.
>>
>>31546684

>they have always ruled the south atlantic

You must be using a very liberal definition of "ruled."
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.