[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you have to pay for the MREs consumed while deployed and in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 6

File: 1360358491525.jpg (305KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
1360358491525.jpg
305KB, 2048x1536px
Do you have to pay for the MREs consumed while deployed and in the field? What happens if you run out of money and can't afford to stock up on MREs before you go on a mission? Do you have to scrounge for food locally?
>>
Why would you think something so utterly moronic
>>
>>31539750
You don't pay for it unless it's more than your 3 meal allowance.
>>
>>31539750
Yes, starvation is a big concern
>>
>>31539750
I'll keep this simple for you.

No.
>>
>>31539750
Are you actually a retarded person?
>>
>>31539750
Anon you must be talking about the IDF.
>>
>>31539750
OK even tho you're 13 I'll answer you.

Yes, you do pay for it. Or rather you pay for the ability to eat at chow hall for free if you live at the barracks. If you're getting BAH or live off base you get some of that money back, like $200 a month. But in Garrison you must either"brown bag", go to PX, or pay the chow hall. Or just borrow your single buddies meal card.

Anyone who's training/deployed whatever will be provided 3 meals blah blah excetra go fuck yourself.
>>
So when you go out for patrol what dictates how much food and water you bring and can you bring extra if you're a big eater?
>>
>>31539837
You bring enough for how long you expect to be out. You can bring more if you can carry it.

Like, are you a retarded person?
>>
>>31539889
so they don't charge you when you want to carry more MREs on patrol?
>>
Anyone that keeps responding seriously to this must be a fucking moron
>>
>>31539906
You're so fucking stupid, if you were in my squad I would have charged you.

Seriously, I was in the infantry, you'd be paying retard tax.
>>
File: Opisfaggot.jpg (337KB, 1312x954px) Image search: [Google]
Opisfaggot.jpg
337KB, 1312x954px
kkkkysssssssss plllllllllllllllllllllllllssssssss plllllllllllllllllllllllllllllsssssssssssssssss kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkyyyyyyyyyyyyysssssssssss
kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkyyyyyyyyyssssssssssss
pllllllllllllllllllllllllllllssssssssssssssssssppppppppppppplllllllllllllllllllllllllkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkysssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
>>
File: 1461841839326.webm (3MB, 708x392px) Image search: [Google]
1461841839326.webm
3MB, 708x392px
>Do you have to scrounge for food locally?

it's not as big of a deal for regular troops but for the special ops snake eater pipe hitters, they're taught to always look out for a chance to scrounge for food
>>
>>31539833
You actually get some of that money back if you're living the barracks. You get BAS and your BAS is more than your meal deductions.

>>31539837
>what dictates how much food and water you bring
Usually somebody higher up, it's also their responsibility to coordinate water resupply if you're out for an extended period of time.

>extra food
Sure if you don't mind the extra weight and going out to buy food for yourself.

For example, we did a 40km training movement hitting multiple objectives through out over a 30 hour period after jumping in. At a minimum we were suppose to have 3 MREs and 5 liters of water.

I packed all the water, only 1 MRE- stripped down of course- and a bunch of "lickies and chewies"- snacks. For snacks I had a couple of cliff bars, some gu packs, and energy chew gummies. We got resupplied with water twice through the whole thing.

I probably should've packed more than one MRE though because the one I packed exploded in my ruck from the jump.
>>
>>31539906
MREs come in giant fucking pallets. You take what you need from what has been issued. Unless you're some kind of slobbering autist fatass who is eating an absurd amount of the supply, it doesn't matter.
>>
>>31539906
If you can get more MREs then no. Usually your unit is only alloted so many MREs per person so there aren't any extra.
>>
>>31539940
>Drivers flee brush fire
>>
>>31539954
>I packed exploded in my ruck from the jump.
i had that happen - trick i learned that worked was to use something sharp to nick a little cut in the outer brown plastic but leave all the inside plastic intact.
>>
>>31539964
kek how many would one have to eat to get noticed?
>>
One of the first skills any PVT or SPC worth their salt learns is how to acquire and stash snacks of all kinds. It's a serious skill that pays off during long ass field exercises or deployments.
>>
>>31540027
Yeah, but I was stripping that fucker down. All the cardboard, heating element, that packet with the gum, ect, gone. Just the main meal, and the side and a spoon.

At least I was smart enough to wrap it back up in the bag it came in, that way it didn't get all over my ruck.
>>
>>31539964
>>31540034

I've rat fucked the shit out of the MRE stash. It's like any crime, hide the evidence, claim ignorance.

I'm not even fat. I'm just an asshole.
>>
>>31540088
The stack use to be next to my cage. My privates would ratfuck if all the time when we would miss chow.

Hell one of the little bastards would actually eat them over going to chow just because he like them.
>>
>>31540050
When planning for any extended field mission, the packing for socks, water, food, and batteries is always "p+p". It's the only way to do it.

I remember going to a JRTC rotation where we were *supposed* to get restocked every 10 days, and everybody was wondering why my team's humvee was packed out from the start for 30 days (and still snatching up supplies). Yeah, the resupply logistics were disorganized, late, and less than expected the whole time. I was pretty proud of how well my guys were able to keep their quality of life up by being well stocked.
>>
>>31540050
based snivel gear
>>
>>31540071
Next time... if there is a next time. Use the tip of your kife and make a very small hole in the outer plastic of the meal pouch but dont pop the inner liner.
>>
rule #1 in the field. If they say you'll be back by lunch, or your going to get served a meal while doing the lane. They're lieing, breakdown 2 mre's into your kit, one for you, and the rest to save the retards.
>>
>>31540121
>p+p
Great if you're mounted. A fucking killer if you're on foot. Light as possible for patrolling.
>>
>>31540147
Cool, I'll give it a try.
>>
>>31540116
I'd just pull an MRE out of an MRAP if I was on vehicle watch or something. Our FOB served the same thing for lunch everyday at my chow hall. Cold cuts and bread. Variety is the spice of life. During my boring deployment anyway.
>>
>>31540121
>Yeah, the resupply logistics were disorganized, late, and less than expected the whole time.

My fucking face when this is an issue even in the goddamn non-mil world holy shit jesus christ just kill me these people are getting paid to sit down and do nothing.
>>
>>31540166
I still used p+p logic for dismount when it came to food and water. Within reason, but generally double the estimated amount needed for the estimated time. So if they say you need 3liters, carry 6. It starts out heavier, but you drink the water weight away and stay hydrated, plus when you end up out after the projected time.

On the subject, anybody ever have "First Strike" MREs. I fucking loved those things for dismount loadouts.
>>
>>31540121
how important are socks?
>>
>>31539750

Technically, officially, to make the bean counters squeal with delight, you do have to "pay" for your MREs, if you are receiving BAS. It's like 360 dollars a month for food, it's called BAS. Single soldiers living in the barracks also get BAS but it is taken right back automatically, just a line on your paycheck. This allows them (or rather forces them) to eat in the chowhalls.

The married soldiers who DO get BAS SHOULD be charged for those MREs from their BAS. But it never happens. There is literally nothing worse for morale than telling your men "here's some good out in this shitty field exercise, also, you have to pay". No commander wants to do that shit.

During deployment in actual combat situations, your unit has let's say 100 guys, so TECHNICALLY BY THE BOOK you would get something like 300 MREs per day. If your commander can get more supplies in, he does. If you are literally isolated in enemy territory then your supply lines might be cut and you get nothing. Heard stories of a deployment where they were cut off and couldn't get water, they made coffee out of Gatorade.

It all depends, but usually, if you are in the field or in a well supplied location there are plenty of MREs to eat, no one gives a shit how many you do or don't eat.
>>
File: bcg.jpg (699KB, 1224x1632px) Image search: [Google]
bcg.jpg
699KB, 1224x1632px
>>31540256
Let me tell a story relating to socks and JRTC.

So, my unit had just come back from spending a lot of time dismounted in Afghanistan. We picked up this Sergeant before going to JRTC. He was a NeverDeployed, but he thought he was just hot shit because he'd just come from a SOF support unit, and he looked down on us as inferior because he'd been to TigerSwan, and done field training with Rangers, and he had all kinds of Gucci gear.

So he shows up with his Crye pants, Gucci plate carrier, and his gear queered rifle (why somebody would take the effort to gear queer a rifle for JRTC I have no idea) and he acts like he know more than anybody else around about how to operate.

He packed exactly the number of socks on the official packing list, everybody on my team packed at least double that amount.

JRTC is in Lousisana. It's where Vietnam era "Tiger Land" is. Swamps, humidity, and heat abound.

By the end of the training, Mr. Highspeed was a limping, crying bitch because his feet were torn up so bad that he couldn't walk without limping.

Socks are important.
>>
>>31540256
Depends on you, but generally at least one extra pair for if the on you are wearing gets wet.

A medic will probably tell you you're suppose to change them daily, but honestly I've gone several days with out changing my socks. Just make sure to air them and your feet out on occasion.

>>31540302
We actually got money back in Ranger School due to missed meals since we were only doing two a day.
>>
>>31540302
what justification would a commander have for having more than 300 MREs on hand for 100 soldiers each day? He can just get the daily resupply and not have to worry about it.

also, if a unit begins taking casualties, do supply shipments get reduced? If a 50 man unit has 50% casualties, logically that means they now only need 50% of the MREs since the 25 are no longer combat effective
>>
>>31541265
Kids say the darnedest things.

Because you want more than you need.

>Daily resupply
>Daily

This isn't that war game where you click a button and it appears in your inventory. I might be cynical, but fucking FUCK what the fuck, you spiked my blood pressure.
>>
>>31540149

This is some reserve-tier shit
>>
>>31539750
This isn't the Chicago based Brotherhood of Steel.
>>
>>31539750
You do know that back in the day, one of the greatest recruiting tools for militaries, was the promise of three square meals?
>>
>>31540256
>how important are socks?
Fucking important. You really don't want to be humping around a 3rd world shithole with only one pair of socks, especially if you have to cross a stream or canal. Want to keep your feet as clean as possible so you don't get footrot. In colder environments sweaty, dirty socks cool down at night and can seriously drag down body temperature. Hikers tend to keep a clean pair of socks just for sleeping.

Socks are useful for other stuff too tho. if you're stuck somewhere hot, slip a water bottle into a wet sock. Evaporation will cool the water enough to be drinkable. We would do that on long OPs when you weren't worried about having to scoot quickly.
>>
>>31540341
I thought you said you were leaving for a month in the GQ thread.
>>
>>31540135
snivel gear is stuff that keeps you warm in cold weather. Like poncho liners, balaclavas, etc. WTF are you talking about?
>>
>>31539750
Do you pay for the air you breathe while deployed or in the field? If you can't afford more air, do you have to steal it out of the lungs of some local hadji's wife? Is OP a massive faggot?
>>
The army was fucking retarded and you fucks are an exacerbation of that. Glad I got out.

1. Some units DO charge for MREs. To include typing a by-name-list memorandums for A. single soldiers BAS to goto Battalion FSC to pay for their MREs or B. Same thing but for married soldiers BAS. My favorite C. Was we got a MKT for a Gunnery so that whole months BAS was lost l.

2. Every single packing list I have ever done was retarded. Either A. Let's put stoopid naems of OCIE no one has on it, B. Fuck up said names, IE calling the FLC a "Flik" C. Putting more stuff in the list no one has D. Making soldiers buy said stuff if they were too stupid to tell the PSG no E. Over packing. Every. Single. Time. No one needs ECWCS/FREE for a 1-3 week field op behind post in summer. If you don't wear underwear in the field, why does your supervisor stop daily operations because you don't need any? E.2 who the fuck does PT in the field? PT shoes take up a lot of room.

3. Meals are a leverage tool leadership can use to their advantage in two ways. A. Force everyone to work twice as hard or tell them not to eat. B. Let them miss meals anyway.
>>
>>31543417
Settle down kid
>>
>>31539750

Yes, units run in trouble all the time when privates spend all their money on food and car payments and don't have any more to buy ammo with.
>>
>>31543417
What causes you to make inane, shitty comments like this? Let me guess; you've never been deployed and you are an insecure millennial, so you call people out for asking questions but you don't know the real answer yourself. Is that about right?
>>
>>31543517
>>31543494
Whew boy, almost like you can't make a joke around here
>>
>>31539750
>Do you have to pay for the MREs consumed while deployed and in the field? What happens if you run out of money and can't afford to stock up on MREs before you go on a mission? Do you have to scrounge for food locally?

No, no and no.
>>
If you enlist, avoid any kind of vehicles. The fuel bills will kill you.
>>
>>31539750
Think about all of the asstarded Privates who would never have food if this was a soldier's responsibility.

Whichever NCO is tasked writes up the paperwork and the MREs get drawn from the DFAC.
>>
>>31543762
>jet pilots hundreds of millions of dollars in debt
>>
>>31540302
HQ plt nigger here, some co's dont give a shit. I've personally dropped of rosters to S shop for deduction to BAS for married soldiers.
>>
>>31541328
naw nigga AD bro 6mo out from oef10-11 deployment
>>
>>31540302
Fucking this, my first Sgt was a pog motor fuck and actually charged us for that shit.
>>
File: zimmzamm.jpg (67KB, 992x558px) Image search: [Google]
zimmzamm.jpg
67KB, 992x558px
>>31543473
my nigga
>>
>>31539906
no you fucking fatass they give you the required chow and sometimes they might jew you. god if you want more food go bring your own dam snacks
>>
There's no worse feeling in the world than coming back after a 3day to see all the engineers rat fucked the MREs for cheese and snacks, I fucking hate engineers
>>
>>31544021
>>jet pilots hundreds of millions of dollars in debt

Isn't that why those guys went crazy a few years ago and protested by flying their jets into some building in NYC?
>>
>>31540302
This guy knows his stuff.

A lot of people end up memorizing exactly what is in which package of a specific MRE and manage to keep an encyclopedic knowledge about it even though there can be slight variations in what is in it exactly. Generally the pork ones go last. Like I don't pay much attention to it because I just want to eat but if I were to thumb through it and take a glance I'd automatically get a rough idea of what's in the ones in current circulation. If you're picky about food you'll probably hate the things, personally I always hated pork and dislike them further because of religious preferences but still end up eating the fuckers without objection anyway.
>>
>>31545244
I don't know about the BAS stuff. That's for married people. Dining facilities are pretty damn awesome and the staff is usually very nice. I got a double portion of main serving one time and first sergeant noticed and they didn't treat me any differently after so I don't think anybody got in trouble.
>>
>>31545351
That First Sergeant had me singled out and doing pushups within the first 3 minutes of meeting him even the staff wouldn't of got off lightly around there.
>>
>>31543777
what does happen if a soldier runs out of mealcard meals and has no money
>>
File: 1440397498412.jpg (124KB, 500x418px) Image search: [Google]
1440397498412.jpg
124KB, 500x418px
Thread posts: 68
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.