[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>go to gun store >finger fuck several handguns >all

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 7

File: trigger warning.jpg (58KB, 876x493px) Image search: [Google]
trigger warning.jpg
58KB, 876x493px
>go to gun store
>finger fuck several handguns
>all have godawful triggers
Why? Why is it so hard to put a decent trigger in a handgun? Why are the only pistols I see with decent triggers 1911s?
>>
>I'm a little princess that needs a 1.5lb trigger
>>
>>31539690
Steyr
>>
>>31539690
what the fuck do you expect from a stock trigger?
your definition of "decent" is probably only found on semi custom guns that cost over a grand
>>
>>31539710
It's not about the weight. It's about the CREEP. A 4 lbs trigger can be good as long as it doesn't have so much FUCKING CREEP!
>>
>>31539690
>expecting the trigger to be good as purchased

youre a special kind of stupid, aint ya
>>
File: Glock_17_MOD_45154998.jpg (692KB, 3000x1934px) Image search: [Google]
Glock_17_MOD_45154998.jpg
692KB, 3000x1934px
>it's a /k/ hates on da/sa for the 10 pound first pull when they shill for a nominal 5.5 pound pull that's actually 7 pounds episode
>>
>>31539721
Magnum Research 1911 has a good trigger. Most rifles that aren't Remshit or Weatherby have good triggers. S&W revolvers have good triggers when used in single action mode.

To be more specific, a good trigger is one with a pull weight of no more than about 4 pounds (the precise weight is not critical) with no perceptible pretravel (after the slack has been taken up if it is a two stage).
>>
>>31539766
>M&P fanboy still butthurt
It wont get any better.
>>
>>31539730
>expecting a product that costs 500 to 1000 dollars to work well without having to pay even more money to make it acceptable
That's not stupid.

>>31539766
Glock triggers are egregiously bad. Springfield XD is bad too. As for Beretta, I'd rather be armed with an 1860 cap and ball Colt.
>>
>>31539798
>Glock
>Beretta
>bad triggers
Maybe you're just shit at shooting?
>>
>>31539798
>Glock triggers are egregiously bad
if you truly believe this you are an idiot
>>
>>31539820
No, I shoot just fine, even with a bad trigger, but a bad trigger is not an aid to marksmanship, but rather an obstacle to be overcome. Why do so many gun manufacturers have to make life more difficult instead of easier?
>>
File: not an argument.jpg (230KB, 598x792px) Image search: [Google]
not an argument.jpg
230KB, 598x792px
>>31539821
>>
>>31539836
You seem to have very unrealistic expectations.
>>
>>31539871
It's NOT unrealistic. Magnum research makes a 1911 with a good stock trigger. If the kikes can do it, anybody can.
>>
>>31539890
>1911 with a good stock trigger
Who woulda thunk it
>>
>>31539890
>Magnum research
Great bait, kid. You had me going for a bit.
>>
>>31539901
Not even kidding. I own a Magnum Research 1911, and the trigger is light and crisp just as it should be. A few other companies make 1911s with good triggers too, but very few companies make pistols with good stock triggers that aren't 1911s.
>>31539897
If it's possible with the 1911, why wouldn't it be possible with other pistols?
>>
Why do trigger snobs even exist
>>
>>31539931
goddam 1911 only owners turn a good trigger into a crutch instead of a benifit
>>
>>31539931

the 1911 is a single-action only pistol and the trigger design is fundamentally different from the triggers of modern handguns.
>>
>>31539943
I don't know. It's not like a good trigger is an essential part of good marksmanship.
>>
>>31539955
>the 1911 is a single-action only pistol
Yes, just like all pistols should be. The double action semi-auto is a solution in search of a problem.
>and the trigger design is fundamentally different from the triggers of modern handguns
And yet most of the handguns with good triggers are 1911s. It's almost as if technology is regressing instead of progressing.
>>31539951
Anyone who can shoot well with a shitty trigger can shoot even better with a good one.
>>
>>31539994

I own a Glock 19. I don't care about triggers. I was just answering his question. I personally think that from a practical perspective, a trigger safety like on a Glock, or a longish double-action pull like on most DA/SA handguns is preferable to a crisp, light 1911 style trigger you need a safety to holster and carry safely.
>>
>>31539994
>Anyone who can shoot well with a shitty trigger can shoot even better with a good one.
if you can only shoot with a good trigger and miss with average guns like glock or berreta its a crutch
>>
>>31539965
A good trigger -pull- is essential. It is completely possible to shoot precisely with a "heavy" trigger.
>>
>>31539994
>Yes, just like all pistols should be.

Oh ok, this is a troll thread. Shut it down everybody, he was just fucking with us.
>>
File: 431232423.jpg (58KB, 500x438px) Image search: [Google]
431232423.jpg
58KB, 500x438px
Because the 1911 trigger is better by design. All handguns moving forward should have adopted the same mechanisms like the Sig238

>tfw no doublestack, polymer 1911
>>
>>31540113
what do you think a 2011 is?
>>
>>31540125
a movie about space?
>>
>>31539723
few service pistols have any sort of travel control. if you want that, get a competition trigger. creep is a leftover of length of travel from older designs. as the TRS and mainspring weights can vary between calibers for the same frame, a longer travel spreads the force needed over time and distance while being very forgiving for heavier springs for more reliable ignition.

if you tune the springs to how you want, you can happily remove the extra trigger travel distance with either a shorter throw for the trigger, a shorter trigger bar (as the CZ in your OP) and/or using an overtravel stop.
>>
>>31539994
oh, i get it. you're a 1911 SAO snob that can't see the point of other designs, like no manual safety carry.

kys.
>>
S&W model 10s have the goat of all triggers. Just pure sex.
>>
>>31540113
>>31540125
>>
>>31539994
honestly a compact steel 9mm single stack 9mm 1911 without a manual or grip safety would be pure sex
>>
Anyone know if the omega trigger on a cz p01 is a meme or is it legit better?
>>
>>31540042
Safety is something that happens between your ears, not something you hold in your hand. It is all well and good to find gadgets to make guns safer, but only if you remember that a gun is a weapon, first and foremost, and safety should not come at the expense of usefulness.
>>31540064
Your point is moot. A good trigger is desirable, and there is no excuse for not making one.
>>31540069
See my post at >>31539723
>>31540073
Not an argument.
>>31540213
If the manual safety bothers you, which it shouldn't, there's no reason why you can't carry in condition zero. But you are correct in saying that I simply don't see the point of a double action auto. It really doesn't serve a purpose as far as I'm concerned. Correct me if I'm wrong.
>>31540295
Yes, but they are revolvers.
>>
honestly I'm not OP or trolling but why are SAO pistols worse than double action pistols in any way?
>>
>>31540377
its slightly worse and currently has no aftermarket upgrade potential
the omegas benifit is being able to swap safety/decocker
>>
>>31540338

>Compact
>No safety lock.
>No grip safety.

Sounds like pure dumb... It's as of you want to ND, or carry in perhaps the dumbest of conditions.
>>
>>31540454
hammer down, one in the tube. What's wrong with that?
>>
>>31539690
You must not be able to feel triggers too well. Glock's factory trigger puts a Geissele two stage to shame.
>>
>people still taking OP seriously
iIt's pretty obvious he's full of shit. just let the thread die already.
>>
>>31539690
You are finger fucking the wrong guns, perhaps its your technique maybe you have a short finger?

Have you tried Walthers or CZ? They are mighty easy on the eye and Super slippery on the finger. Nice clean Break even the Price wise Low end PPX is Top end Build and smooth trigger and precise let off.

Even Sigs these days have pretty good Triggers, Glocks remind me of jack in the box you can hear it winding up and you know its going to go off and then Boing! Click! Bang!
>>
>>31540441
Thanks for the help. Pretty set on getting the stock P01 then.
>>
>>31540605
CZ single action is pretty good. The only real drawback is they don't make them in 45 ACP. If they did, I would consider them a viable alternative to the 1911. As I said, I don't like double action, so that rules out most Walthers.
>>
>>31540491
>>31540491

How in the fuck is pulling back the hammer better than a manual safety?

Do you enjoy putting the hammer down on a loaded chamber without a decocker? Cause fuck that.
>>
>>31540491
Other than it being perhaps the dumbest of conditions, nothing at all...
>>
>>31539770
>>31539890
>>31539931

>It's a Magnum Research comes to an imageboard to try to convince people with hentai themed body pillows full of dried cum to buy their gun episode.
>>
>>31540418
>Safety is something that happens between your ears, not something you hold in your hand.

And the thing between my ears is telling me that carrying a single action pistol with a round in the chamber and the safety off increases the likelihood of a mishap for no significant benefit. switching the safety off during a draw adds another point of failure to a stressful situation.

either way, you're a big dummy who has to fall back on trite slogans to support his opinions.
>>
""""Good triggers"""" are the automatic transmissions of the firearms world. A handicap for people who don't want to learn how to actually shoot.

No real shooter pays attention to dumb shit like this.
>>
>>31541297
A pistol with a grip safety and a retaining strap locked between hammer and firing pin is as safe as any loaded gun can be. If you keep your finger off the trigger until you're ready to shoot, it's not a problem. If you can't do that, you'd be better off not owning a gun at all. If you are so terrified of the possibility of accidental discharge that you are willing to settle for an inferior weapon, then why would you even want to own a gun at all? Why not totally obviate the possibility of accidental discharge by not having a weapon?
>>
>>31541351
No matter how good you shoot, you will still shoot better with a better trigger. Why would you want to make life more difficult?
>>
>>31541374

are you really trying to argue that a 1911 is better than a Glock 19? If you are, you're stupid and wrong.
>>
>>31541351
No, double action triggers are the automatic transmission.
For people too stupid or lazy to flip the safety off.
>>
>>31541351
shoot a 6 pound rifle with an 8 pound trigger and show me your groups
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.