[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How hard would it be to make a modern Ithaca 37 capable of (intentional)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 8

File: Ithaca 37.jpg (105KB, 800x531px) Image search: [Google]
Ithaca 37.jpg
105KB, 800x531px
How hard would it be to make a modern Ithaca 37 capable of (intentional) slam-firing?

I know it has a trigger disconnect that prevents it from slam-firing, but I want to know if I simply have to remove that to get it to work how I want, or if the trigger disconnect serves some other critical function that prevents me from doing that without fucking up the gun in some other way.
>>
>>31531812
I am no expert on this but I believe there is now ATF watching you, unless it's you of course
>>
>>31531850
>I am no expert on this but I believe there is now ATF watching you

What for? Because they're really concerned over my safety?
>>
File: 1473816314288.png (237KB, 600x679px) Image search: [Google]
1473816314288.png
237KB, 600x679px
Bump

I know some of you here must know this kind of stuff. I googled the shit out of this question and found absolutely nothing.
>>
>>31531812
I guess you could look at an old disassembled Ithaca and try to modify a modern one accordingly.

>>31531850
They don't give a fuck because it's a manual repeater even when slamfiring, unless OP is gonna hacksaw the barrel without the right paperwork the ATF isn't gonna care.
>>
>>31531812
Or you could just buy a used gun that has that ability. My friend has an old winchester that does it. Plus its kinda hard to wear a shotgun out, so its not like you have a high chance of getting a lemon. If you you want some silly tacticool features I'm sure you can do most of it yourself.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>31531812

I have an old Ithaca and I can tell you slamfire isn't that fun. I personally wouldn't fuck with a modern one just to be able to slamfire.
>>
>>31531850
Slam fire is not illegal in any way shape or form
>>
>>31531850
Still a manually operated action, guy.
>>
File: Tom Cruise - Burj Khalifa.gif (331KB, 800x500px) Image search: [Google]
Tom Cruise - Burj Khalifa.gif
331KB, 800x500px
>>31531963
>Or you could just buy a used gun that has that ability. My friend has an old winchester that does it. Plus its kinda hard to wear a shotgun out, so its not like you have a high chance of getting a lemon. If you you want some silly tacticool features I'm sure you can do most of it yourself.

I just want a regular, fairly short barreled shotgun with this feature (not SBS-tier short though, like 20-24 inches). No tactical shit.

The problem is that there is nothing in my two local gunshops, and gunbroker either never has what I want or it has very long, tightly chocked Winchesters which I would have to saw the barrel off to get what I want, which I really do not want to do to a classic gun.

That's why I was wondering how difficult it would be to just modify a new one, because if it's simply a matter of pulling one part out then that's what I would like to do.
>>
>>31532013
Remeber just becuase its old, it doesn't mean it valuable or even collectable.
>>
>mfw when have old westernfield 30 that does this.
>shitty needs work
>no one will buy because not winchester/ithaca/1897

I HAVE NO FACE!
>>
>>31532040
>Remeber just becuase its old, it doesn't mean it valuable or even collectable.

well I mostly see Winchesters which, at least as far as mass produced shotguns go, tend to be on the more collectible side. And I'd rather not go butchering one regardless.
>>
File: colonialism in a nutshell.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
colonialism in a nutshell.webm
3MB, 640x360px
Bumperino

Is no on here knowledgeable on this shit?
>>
File: IMG_1250.jpg (28KB, 217x320px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1250.jpg
28KB, 217x320px
>>31532232

It's not worth it to even bother
>>
>>31532232
I came here for info regarding modifying shotguns. I am still here because I want context on this clip.
>>
File: IMG_1733.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1733.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>31531812
I just finished a similar project. Don't bother with a modern Ithaca 37, find an old one with a serial number over 855,000 and made prior to 1975. The reasons being that 37s over 855,000 have interchangeable barrels and the removed the slam fire ability in 1975.

Rather than having a gunsmith cut down the barrel and drill/tap for a swivel stud, I just sold the barrel on EBay and bought a new barrel from directly from Ithaca.
>>
This is going to sound autistic, but why do you people always slap "modern" onto shit as if it made a difference?

Just about every gun internally is at the least, 60 years old. there is rarely anything new mechanical wise. It's all just different combinations of concepts older than your grandpa.

Just make an remake an Ithaca, it won't be any less modern than a 590a1
>>
>>31537746
"Modern" doesn't refer to design, but rather production. Look at the Remington 870. The design has remained largely unchanged since the 50's and old 870s are held in high regard. Now look at the shitty recently produced 870s.
>>
Slam firing is a synonym for missing.

I shot USPSA for years. I was *always* faster through five pepper poppers with a non-slam-firing shotgun.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.