[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hey /k/ommandos, can somebody please explain the purpose of the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: 1287752676.jpg (18KB, 550x270px) Image search: [Google]
1287752676.jpg
18KB, 550x270px
hey /k/ommandos, can somebody please explain the purpose of the mateba MTR-8? I cant wrap my head around what reason this monstrosity has to exist. The overall length of the gun is extended but the barrel is only about as long as a snub nose. Can someone please explain what advantage this design would give? if any at all?
>>
Did some brief research on em a while back cus personally I dig the Fallout/Blade Runner look.
Their primary purpose is to be used in pistol shooting competitions, apparently.
>>
File: 1f9.gif (393KB, 160x144px) Image search: [Google]
1f9.gif
393KB, 160x144px
Only thing I can think of is lowering the line of recoil so as to reduce muzzle climb.
>>
Bore axis. If you see a weird revolver it's almost always because of bore axis.
>>
File: IMG_20161002_040114.jpg (374KB, 1304x1758px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161002_040114.jpg
374KB, 1304x1758px
>>31530015
Double checked my info and nabbed a snippet of info on the reason the dude chose to design it the way he did.
>>
File: photo20large.jpg (691KB, 1500x865px) Image search: [Google]
photo20large.jpg
691KB, 1500x865px
I did find this weird carbine configuration if that helps
>>
>>31529994
That is a breathtakingly ugly pistol. That is possibly the first time I have had a visceral reaction to such an ugly gun. It looks so fundamentally wrong.
>>
>>31530054
Alright so bore axis and capacity. I can definitely dig those features.
>>
>>31529994
It was designed by a pussy who valued low recoil over accuracy and velocity.
>>
>>31530064
So long as the barrel is long enough to stabilize the projectile adding length does not increase accuracy.
>>
Wassup Ivy!
>>
The kind of gun only a girl with pigtails would use, what is this bullshit?
>>
>>31530056
kys
>>31530064

kys

>>31529994

OP, it's accurate and made for shooting in comp

matebas are special snowflakes, if you don't like weird unique and different pistols then they aren't for you

the weight ported on the front and at such a low position allow for close groups

https://youtu.be/H5ZbjTdHwOA
>>
>>31529994
The designer of the various Mateba pistol is kinda literally a "what if" revolver designer. He had many weird ideas and money to make it happen, they are concept guns for the most part and intended at nothing else than range performance.
>>
>>31530055
this is sexual
>>
It's like if the Rhino was a good revolver. Shame they're worth $5000+
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.