[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tell me about the Gurkas. Are the legends true? How do Brits

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

Tell me about the Gurkas. Are the legends true?

How do Brits feel about them?

How does the Brit Army feel about them?
>>
>>31529808
They're good, but they're overhype.
>>
>>31529817
Elaborate.
>>
>>31529808
Had a friend at Uni who was in the OTC (I've probably fucked that up). He said they did really good curries.
>>
>>31529839
They are good. They're just not as godlike as some people say, they're still human.
Read a book or Google it or something you lazy sod.
>>
>>31529839
People tend to create a mythical image of them.
>>
>>31529854
Books and Google say they are Gods among men
>>
>>31529925
No, they don't. Unless all you've googled is Daily Mirror articles or some guys blog.
Read a proper book, one with more than a hundred pages and no pictures perhaps.
>>
>>31529963
Such as?
>>
>>31529808
brits glorify them

they have a nice esprit de corpse but having that is not unique, and their training and abilities are the same as other units that fill similar roles
>>
>>31529808

I've heard they're very polite and professional. Friend who was able to meet some in Afganistan said they were brave to the point of stupidity. They're a bit over hyped for what they do. People pretend that every one of them shrugs off bullets like their all made of chobham and kill 30 men with a knife. In reality they're just well trained soldiers that perform a role with minimal bullshit.
>>
File: gurk7.jpg (56KB, 512x413px) Image search: [Google]
gurk7.jpg
56KB, 512x413px
>>31529808
Bong solid here. My grandfather (brit NCO) was with the gurkhas out in burma, father was with them out in hong kong.

Served with them myself as attache they're every bit as good as people say they are if not more.

They know their job and don't require as much nonsense as the rest of the army. Just give them a heated room, clothes and a bit of money and they're great.

They're on par with us career soldiering families easily.

10/10 glad to have them on board,

>>31529817
Not really, they at least match their reputation if not exceed it.

>>31529854
They are. i'm 6,8 and athletic. we went on a 10 mile full kit run. Little johnnies were still in breath at the end, the air's a lot thicker than what they'r used too, so can pick up O2 at a godlike rate.

I think if i did the same in Nepal i would die for sure.

>> sidenote.
A lot of Gurkhas are coming into the army with military experience already from the civil war fighting the commies.

Especially so for the conservative soldiering caste Janajati clans: Rai, Gurung and Limbu who make up 80% of the gurkhas who were fighting the untouchable commies

There was a corporal who fought commies for 8 years before signing on with at 18
>>
>>31529808
I've worked with 1RGR. Great bunch of blokes, very quiet, polite and professional.

>Tell me about the Gurkas.
They're skilled warfighters.
>>
>>31530037
>Friend who was able to meet some in Afganistan said they were brave to the point of stupidity.

I wonder if anyone has ever considered that they may simply just be stupid? Well trained and hardy sure, but stupid.
>>
File: 3rd Herd.jpg (193KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
3rd Herd.jpg
193KB, 1024x683px
I'd rather have a U.S. Army Infantryman by my side.
>>
>>31530634
Why?

British training for their REMFs are better than our infantry...
>>
>>31530634
>>31530921

>Hurr hurr I'll post replies to myself to try and incite arguements between the Burgars and Bongs

Fuck off, you try this every thread.
>>
>>31530932
I'm not thoseguys but i bit the bait that was probably those guys if not you who was just too offended you disavowed your own post.
>>
>>31529808
heard theyre really good at hiding in scrub
guy who went on exercise with them said he walked to the RV which was in a fairly open area but couldnt find the bastards until one of them tapped him on the foot
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.