[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is the 1911 a bad weapon? My grandfather was in the Korean War,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 3

File: 1911B.jpg (10KB, 302x201px) Image search: [Google]
1911B.jpg
10KB, 302x201px
Is the 1911 a bad weapon? My grandfather was in the Korean War, and that was his weapon. His friend asked him what he would do with it if a gun fight broke out, and he said he would toss it aside and scan the ground for a better weapon.
>>
Your grandpa sounds like an insufferable faggot
>>
>>31525379
Pistols are for fighting your way to the rifle you never should have put down, so hes pretty much right. You don't enter a gunfight with a handgun, you exit it with one.
>>
Not OP here.

Do any of you CC one and if so how do you do it?
I mean things like clock position in relation to your body, holster stuff along those lines. thanks to any replies.
>>
>>31525379
its a pistol
if you are in a war relying on a pistol things have gone horribly wrong
>>
>>31525379

Your a jew aren't you OP? So is your grand dad isn't he?
>>
File: rapefugees vs QT314 racoons.webm (3MB, 676x872px) Image search: [Google]
rapefugees vs QT314 racoons.webm
3MB, 676x872px
was your granddad a glock man?
>>
>>31525398
>>31525419
I don't think he really liked any of the weapons the USA produced at the time. He thought the Japanese had better guns than the USA did during WWII.
>>
>>31525446
In which case you should explain to us very clearly and concisely why you give anything that man says even a moment's consideration.
>>
>>31525483
Well he was an engineer
>>
>>31525445

>liberals learning about dat multiculturalism by interacting with 3rd world refugees

oh god that's hilarious
>>
>>31525487

So your jewish and your grandfather is a fucking idiot then?

>U.S. creates firearms still around today, U.S. makes shitty weapons.
>>
>>31525541
He doesn't think the US makes bad weapons today, he just thought we were technologically inferior during the 40's-50's
>>
>>31525568
To the Japanese?

For real though?
>>
File: uJj497z.png (291KB, 740x586px) Image search: [Google]
uJj497z.png
291KB, 740x586px
>>31525568
Which makes him a moron.
>>
>>31525568
Town retard
>sticks and stone
>US coastal guns
Push your grandpa out of his chair for me
>>
>>31525568
I kind of understand that point if you compare the type 99 LMG with the BAR
or the Springfield 1903 with the Type 99

but
> Garand
> M1 Carbine
> Greasegun
> 1911A1

VS

> Arisaka Type 38
> Arisaka Type 99
> Type 100
> Nambu Type 14 or 94
>>
>>31525568

I will be so happy when all those fucks die off an no longer have to here about "muh greatest generation" that didn't really accomplish anything of value for today.

When your grandpaps goes pls kys also.
>>
>>31525646
t. Trump voting millenial
>>
>>31525446
>a bunch of clunky ass pistols of poor make, unsafe and brittle
>an ok bolt action with quirky features
>a passable subgun in the same weak cartridge used by the pistols
>a few pretty decent LMGs and GPMGs

Compare to the American guns:
>a pistol that works reliably and without breaking or firing itself
>a self-loading rifle with a larger magazine than the Japanese infantry rifle, to the point that the Japanese would desperately try to copy it by the end of the war
>one subgun which is very heavy, but works, and one subgun which is cheap, but works, both are in a cartridge that's adequate
>an "L"MG that's kind of shoddy but you can make it work
>a GMPG that generally works pretty great
>>
>>31525660

Actually I'm thinking of voting for Hillary to crash the planet faster as a accelerationist

Fight white genocide rhodesia is the model
>>
>>31525379
>>31525446
>>31525568
>was in frequent front line engagements
>as an engineer
>has an objectively wrong opinion on front line equipment
grandpa sounds full of shit
>>
>>31525660
Sphincter spasming boomer detected.

Go away or I'll play Pokémon Go at you.
>>
>>31525568
Some of those "technologically inferior" designs are still around today, both original pieces and as new production.

This is probably trolling but if not your grandpa is a retard.
>>
>>31525379
They have them very little training on them, focusing almost entirely on long gin training and the issued ones had pretty loose tolerances.
They're revered for they history, not because they were better than modern ones.
These reasons, soldiers thought of it as a very inaccurate gun.
>>
>>31525660

Hey boomer thanks for giving away our future so you could be afraid of words like "racist", having drug fueled sex with random partners and allowing our countries to be flood with people who want to kill us at the least.
>>
>>31525858
t. /pol/
>>
>>31525858
Rekt
>>
>>31525871

/pol/

When I know my arguments won't work and I'm afraid that my whole life I have been lied to however I refuse to see the truth in front of my eyes every time I turn on the tv or news because I'm scared of being called a word designed to shut down conversation. I respond with /pol/.
>>
>>31525963
> not posting the FAL gif showing what real fuckin' can do to your face
>>
>>31525993

>>31525950
Just for that I'm voting Hillary
>>
>>31526007
Any /k/ommando that votes for anyone but Trump this November deserves two to the back of the skull. The Second Amendment is on the line here, as are up to three Supreme Court justices.
>>
I love the 1911. It was my first handgun.

Compared to modern guns it has a low capacity and is a little heavy (that helps with shooting). Your grandpa's had shitty sites like most handguns back then.
>>
>>31526007

Good crash the plane faster gramps.
>>
>>31526033
GI sights were good enough for the purposes of a military handgun, hitting a man-sized target at 25 yards.
>>
>>31526033
>gun sites
>web-sight

How come so many retards can't get these two right even if their useless lives were to depend on it?
Its gun SIGHTS and WEB-SITE.
If it's from a non native english speaker it might be excusable but in most cases i have noticed it is not.
>>
>>31526083
Good enough but they could have been better. It's debatable if they were good enough. I don't know how you'd test it but I'm sure people died while shooting their handguns.

>>31526213
Typing has ruined me. Back before we all had computers and the internet I would win all the grade school spelling bees where I lived. Now I get so much shit wrong.
>>
>>31526030
This

>>31525963
What am I looking at here?
Some hooker knife a trick?
>>
>>31526523
>I'm sure people died while shooting their handguns
Do you know how little handguns actually see use in warfare? There probably weren't many, and if that was the case, they were fucking retards who were trying to use a handgun in a fight where they should have either been looking for a better weapon to use or to run.
>>
>>31526709
Your right. All hangun makers should go back to the tiny GI sights. I'm sure those new fangled ones are no improvement at all.
>>
>>31527084
I'm saying that for the time it didn't matter.
>>
>>31527155
>I'm saying that for the time it didn't matter.

Why? Because today close range combat is more likely? Bullshit.

Better sights back then would have been more worth it to soldiers than it is today.
>>
>>31525417
For a very long time medics and our ilk only had sidearms.
>>
>>31525446
>He thought the Japanese had better guns than the USA did during WWII.
fucking weebs
>>
weak cartridge used by the pistols.
I think this is the idea. Also people don't understand grandpa went through the whole
MY DOLLAR & RECESSION....

So grandpa liked cheap shit.
>>
>>31525379
the normal ones have rather loose fitting slide
and some of them have weird and finicky grip safety
other than that its a solid type
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.