[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

P64 vs. P83 Looking to add another surplus gun to my collection

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: wanadandp64[1].jpg (305KB, 1600x1241px) Image search: [Google]
wanadandp64[1].jpg
305KB, 1600x1241px
P64 vs. P83

Looking to add another surplus gun to my collection and would like to get something in 9x18. I can get a P64 or P83 for around $210 +/- $20.

I'm leading to the P64, since I'm not a fan of the blocky highpoint look of the P83. However, I do know the double action on the P64 is horrible. What would you guys recommend?
>>
>>31524770
Monitoring for this is my exact dilemma.
>>
>>31524770
The P83 is much more pleasant to shoot, the P64 is better as a concealed carry gun.

Of course I ended up buying both because I couldn't decide.
>>
Is a P83 in .380 a thing?
>>
>>31524770
While I don't own either I had chance to shoot both at range several times and my opinion is following:
P64 is better for CC
P83 is better for range

>>31524976
9mm Makarov
>>
>>31524770
get the p64, its the closest you can get to a ppk without paying over 1200 for an excellent quality one without the gay ass beavertail.

I dont see why people make doubleaction such a big deal. Just carry condition three, or pull the hammer back and shoot single action.

In my opinion, I think a person can shoot more accurately in single action mode then double action. My way of thinking is, I pull the gun from small of back, as i raise gun up, pull slide back to load chamber, then fire one handed or 2 if i have time. If I went for a double action shot, Id be more likely to miss due to the tension required to pull a 7+ pound trigger, as say in a sig 226.
>>
>>31526688
>carry in condition three
you're wrong.
>>
>>31526777
Thats just how I was trained to carry, and it works for me. Takes a second more to fire, the increase in accuracy with the SA vs DA is worth the extra second.
>>
>>31526103
Yeah but do they make it in .380? I have seen makorovs in 380 before
>>
>>31524976
why though
>>
>>31527780
They do not.
>>
>>31527780
Im dumb said this>>31528271 before i looked it up.

They indeed do make a P-83 in .380
>>
Don't get a P64 get a Bulgarian mak. You won't have to change the spring.
>>
>>31524770
I just played with my friends new 64.

I bought an lc9s pro instead for fear of a 20 lb da pull.

his was very reasonable with wolf Springs. prolly gonna buy one now
>>
>>31524770
I would go with a p64. The spring swap is an absolute must, but it ends up being a nice small ccw. Plus, it looks much sexier than the p83
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.