[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What would /k/ pay for a 98k? There are two here in this gun

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (313KB, 2016x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
313KB, 2016x1136px
What would /k/ pay for a 98k?
There are two here in this gun show, both going for about $650. One is an Argentina 1903 in excellent condition, the other a 1942 in good condition. Looks more beat up but good looking metal parts and crown

Are they inflating the price?
>>
The price varies widely. For good condition (not excellent condition) something in the 500-700 range is acceptable for a k98 AS LONG AS YOURE HAPPY WITH THE RIFLE.
>>
>>31523193
That's a fair price for them honestly. As long as the rifling/crown look good and the bolt isn't fucked up I'd jump on that deal.
>>
>>31523372
Thanks mates
>>31523317

I was on my way to purchase one of them but I found my CZ-75 SP-01 at the very last minute. They are hard as fuck to find here despite being not too expensive.

I will use this info for next time though gents

Can you guys post a photo of a decent crown so I know I dont have poor judgement?
>>
File: k98 crown.jpg (107KB, 500x257px) Image search: [Google]
k98 crown.jpg
107KB, 500x257px
>>31523400
Generally like this, no pock marks, gouges, huge rust spots, heaven forbid cracks. The rifling should still be recognizable and not worn smooth, avoid pockmarks in the barrel etc.
>>
>>31523193
For a K98k it depends on many factors,
Russian capture no more than 400
Bolt mismatch maybe 800 max
All matching 1300 max
>>
russian captures are recognized by the X on the receiver and that fact that they have that same shellac and metal finish that you find on mosin naggants. russians also tend to have serials electropenned onto the bolt. they are worth more than the Yugos. Because they still have all the Reich markings on them and no commie crests. though like the yugos. they are mostly parts bin specials. As they were completely broken down for refurbish and then assembled with hand fitted parts. If you are lucky the barrel and receiver are still the ones the germans mated.
>>
>>31523488
oh and Russian captures will also be missing the cleaning rod, front sight hood, and sling. Unless someone put them on later.
>>
>>31523193
The Argentinian Mauser is likely chambered in a different caliber.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/7.65%C3%9753mm_Argentine

If you're just looking for a shooter, get the 1942. The normal 8mm Mauser cartridge is much more common than the Argentinian (Belgian) Mauser cartridge.

FYI, there are two main different types of Argentinian Mausers. The 1891 variant and 1909 variants. There are carbine versions of both types. Are you actually talking about a 1909 Argentinian variant? I'd pay 650 for a 1909 carbine length Argentinian Mauser if it was in pristine condition. 650 is a little high for a full length 1909, unless it looks brand new.
>>
>>31523193
>>31524277
Also, Argentinian Mausers are not based on the K98k. K98k's came after Argentinian Mausers were made.
>>
>>31523193
I'd only pay for an all matching or slightly mismatched K98k.

Otherwise, I'd be better off putting my money towards a Czech or Yugoslavian Mauser.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.