[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>only fill the AR mag up to 25 rounds that way it won't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: 1472672079169.jpg (428KB, 1280x1269px) Image search: [Google]
1472672079169.jpg
428KB, 1280x1269px
>only fill the AR mag up to 25 rounds that way it won't jam

Is this advice still relevant in the current year?
>>
>>31522862
No. Its fuddlore/shitty nco logic that needs to die.
>>
If your magazine spring is fucked up sure
>>
>>31522862
When was it ever relevant?
Don't buy shit mags, fill mags to the designed capacity, throw away worn mags, and you'll have near 0 problems.
>>
if it's a shitty hexmag, it will. I had nothing but problems with them.
>>
29 so you can easily lock the mag on a closed bolt without having to slap it
>>
>>31522862
If you have shitty springs in your magazine and a "self-cleaning" rifle then yeah don't put all 20 in.
>>
>>31522905
But that begs the question: why load on a closed bolt in the first place? Especially with an AR pattern.
>>
>>31522926
>20
Anon.....
>>
File: it aint me.jpg (675KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
it aint me.jpg
675KB, 1920x1080px
>>31522942
What?
>>
>>31522938
So that way when you're doing barrel rolls in your living room with your rifle you don't slap the bolt catch with your dick and have a live round chambered
>>
>>31522957
Pretty much this
I when you're using the sig tactical fleshlight holder you don't want an accidental discharge
>>
>>31522957
Everyone needs a hobby
>>
>>31522862
The fuck, why would you buy a 30rnd mag and not fill it up? Fucking office rats giving out advice.
>>
>>31522862
Downloading capacity makes sense on the earliest issued M16 20rd mags (pre-A1) because they were designed to be cheap and really only used once (disposed after you've emptied it), but what the fuck would you be doing with one of those anyway, no AR mag, A1 and beyond, would normally exhibit a problem with that.

There was a similar thing on the Sten/MP40/Erma stickmags, if the feedlips weren't a perfect 8 degree angle then the feeding would go all cattywompus, sometimes you could get them to work by downloading, sometimes not (probably depended a lot on the springs too).

>>31522885
Then buy a new one.

Or save your shitty mag and mark it with colored tape, to practice failure drills. Load a couple of snapcaps and empty cases too for some real practice.

>>31522926
Cleaning was never an actual obstacle for the AR15 at any stage, at most a minor contributing factor.
>>
>>31522977
Spring tension can cause malfunction when some magazines are filled to the top. This varies magazine to magazine, manufacturer to manufacturer, and platform to platform (method of feeding and speed of chambering/extraction).
>>
>>31523106
The people who have problems with this should probably stop buying shit mags.
>>
>>31523106
Stop buying ProMags.
>>
File: p_078-000-166_2.jpg (27KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
p_078-000-166_2.jpg
27KB, 400x400px
>>31523106
Btw, speaking of this, my friend decided to buy a 10-pack of brownells CS mags, and when I took a look at them, they seemed really bad. Like the follower seems to get stuck when pushing it down, has a weird finish and just feels very weak, like I'll break it if I drop it. Anyone got any tips? Was thinking about recommending that he lubes the spring and inside so it doesn't get stuck.

I'm mostly used to stanag and magpul mags so maybe I'm being a fuckboii.
>>
A friend gave me a 15 round Promag for my 1911. Haven't had the chance to try it yet but any tips on getting it to work besides throwing it away and buying a normal functioning magazine with the next spare $15 I have available?
>>
>>31523512
I think mags with a capacity more than 10rds aren't really reliable with a 1911 due to the rounds wanting to nosedive. If you take a 1911 mag and load it up 1 by 1, you can watch the gap between the 1st and 2nd round increase. I think it has something to do with the cases being tapered.
>>
>>31523244
>I'm mostly used to stanag
arent those stanag though? worry about it if they dont function not based off first impressions
>>
>>31522938
tac reload
>>
>>31523709
I dont know, think official stanags have certain standards. Like a smooth black finish, certain metal, etc. The ones he had felt grainy, and had a more grey matte finish.
>>
>>31523940
"STANAGS" aren't really STANAG modelled. The only "standardized" thing about them is the dimensions of the magazine where it enters the magwell.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.