[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Mfw war isn't glorious like it used to be >Mfw i'll

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 9

File: 1474691244555.png (48KB, 215x200px) Image search: [Google]
1474691244555.png
48KB, 215x200px
>Mfw war isn't glorious like it used to be
>Mfw i'll never be a hero of Normandy or a legend of Stalingrad

Why even join the military nowadays?
>>
>>31515161
20 years of employment
Then 20 years of stipend

It's a communist paradise with guns and bad food
>>
Let's be realistic for a second, they didn't take 300 pound autistics even in World War 2.
>>
>>31515177
If you were 300 pounds back then you would be in the circus as part of the freak show act
>>
File: image.jpg (61KB, 333x500px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
61KB, 333x500px
>>31515177
True, but they did take regular sized autists and retards
>>
>>31515177
I am pretty baffled by how many idiots join the Army, the infantry if full of retards. Army is my favorite branch too.
>>
>>31515198
Realtalk.

Most of the people who post on 4chan today would likely have been institutionalized if they were born before the 70s.

The military doesn't recruit from mental institutions.

Definitely the kind of people who start these threads.
>>
>>31515220
>People who start these threads

Like 90% of people in WW2 joined for glory and to serve their countries with heroic deeds. They would happily accept me.
>>
>>31515198

Is that dudes roles or something because I've only watched one show with him in it and he was definitely different.
>>
>>31515220
>Patton
>>
>>31515203
Because you have to be legally retarded to be a Marine.

Army is just average stupidity.
>>
File: 1474939116430.jpg (37KB, 752x501px) Image search: [Google]
1474939116430.jpg
37KB, 752x501px
>>31515271
Well jesus, if the Army is that bad then I don't even want to think about the collective IQ's of the Muhreens.
>>
File: war.jpg (169KB, 1306x495px) Image search: [Google]
war.jpg
169KB, 1306x495px
>>
File: fatty2.jpg (161KB, 660x530px) Image search: [Google]
fatty2.jpg
161KB, 660x530px
>>31515344
All for the glory of war. During Roman days and such, soldiers lived for war. I don't see their PTSD showing. It was much more barbaric back then too.
>>
>>31515161
If you're a psychopath.

All they do in the military is murder women, children, and innocent civilians.
>>
>>31515447
At least modern day military is. Not back then though. Thats what I mean, it isn't glorious anymore.
>>
>>31516667

yeah mate, civilians totally didn't die in WWII

they were all protected
>>
No, there's still a chance anon. More troops headed into the sandbox, though it's only a few thousand overall.

Who knows, some faggot could take a pic of you and a statue of yourself might get made. And then years later you could get beat up outside a McDonald's by googles.
>>
>>31515161
For the cheese spread and to cut every single rock or something off my heaters.
>>
>>31515161
Free college. Though it might just be cheaper college now. Don't know if we're still doing the Post 9/11 GI Bill.

>>31515373
Short version, we're comparatively weaker mentally than back then.
>>
War is never glorious. You weren't there, you don't know.

>>31515447

The Iraqi army had rape rooms. I had father's try to sell me their daughters. I've witnessed a lot of sick and twisted shit. I'll be damned if some kid who plays COD tells me what is what. Go fuck yourself, stupid nigger.
>>
When was it ever glorious?
>>
>>31517108
>replying to low-effort shitposters
>>
>>31517120
I'm drunk. And alone. But you're right.

Sometimes it pisses me off tho.
>>
>>31515373
>>31517088
Have you never heard of the story of Ajax? The Ancient Greek soldier who killed himself after returning home from war? The reason you don't hear about ptsd during ww2 and before is because the fucking concept wasn't fully understood yet. Did you know that there were no diagnosed cases of Autism before WW2? Do you think that's because people just overnight became more autistic?
>>
>>31515161
>things teenagers believe
>>
>>31517168
Sounds like you don't know anything about PTSD or how cultures dealt with a mental issue that has been known as "shell-shock" or other names throughout history.
>>
>war isnt what it used to be

you should be fucking ecstatic about that you absolute fucking mongoloid

who in their right fucking mind would want to be in stalingrad
>>
>>31515241
Most us soldiers in ww2 got there via draft
>>
>>31515161
>mfw I'll never get to catch malaria while padding out my sick kdr during the island hopping campaigns

someone kill me to death
>>
>>31517168
yeah but they made dat nigga into powdered bleach that you clean up vomit with so whatever it's all good dawg
>>
>tfw will never be issued a SMLE and ordered to go die in a mud filled rat infested ditch while wearing a sweet fucking coat and a badass helmet

Would be a jolly way to go. I'm not even kidding those helmets and gasmasks were the shit.
>>
>>31515198
Mr.Robot's grandad fought in the pacific.
>>
>>31517405
I'm trying to build up a whole suit so I can dress up for Halloween. I already have the rifle, helmet, and bayo. Need the uniform and the rest of the accessories for the rifle and so on.
>>
As a white american I can could never participate in ww1 or in the European theater of ww2. I can't stand the idea of killing other white men.
>>
Iraq - Iran war was sorta the last largescale traditional war

>gw1 doesn't count because it was literally a roflstomp assrape
>>
>>31515161
War was never glorious. It was brutal and disgusting and wet and cold and death and disease. Your sad romanticized notions of the greatest human tragedies make you a terrible person. Or an ignorant one. Or a terrible ignorant person.
>>
>>31517108
How many daughters did you buy?
>>
>>31517780
This all these muzzie and niggers alive because of ww1 and ww2
>>
TIPS FEDORA
I
P
S

F
E
D
O
R
A
>>
File: jVoSFv.gif (738KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
jVoSFv.gif
738KB, 320x180px
>>31516667
No dummy, I'm saying there was a purpose for the war. As in, when the war is for a greater good it's much easier to justify the deaths of innocent people. Nowadays we fight pointless fucking wars, with pointless fucking goals, and pointless fucking killing. We just go to war for the sake of war nowadays my lmaoy owy boy.
>>
>>31517168
Have you heard of the story Patton? That man breathed war. He fucking loved it. The mentality back then, pre ww2 as well, was much different. Back then, war was for glory, for honor, for your nation, etc... Death didn't scare the average soldier because they believed they would rest in Valhalla or Elisium. There were plenty of soldiers who volunteered after already being in countless battles. Thats how hero's were made back then. Study up on the Romans mentality on war and then try to say that, or the Spartans, Vikings, Samurai, etc..
>>
>>31519354
^ what meant for this anon >>31516977
>>
File: 1450037016343.jpg (83KB, 407x600px) Image search: [Google]
1450037016343.jpg
83KB, 407x600px
>>31517343
holy fuggin kek
>>
>>31515161
Soon as we started making enemies drop from hundreds of yards away and more, we were taking the glory out of it for the sake of convenience and efficiency.

There is more honor in stabbing a man in the belly slowly than killing him from afar with a bullet or a missile near-instantly.

Hell, it's gotten to a point where a drone gives us a video feed with artificial sights, and we just click a mouse or tap a key on a keyboard.

Where is the honor in killing real men, living breathing men like you and I, in no different a fashion than a fatfuck playing COD:MW2 AC-130 mission?
>>
>>31515220
Honestly it makes sense if you either realize people are joking and being sarcastic, or just legitimately learned about history through comic books and media entertainment with a few real facts thrown in as more of a marketing tool than story element.
>>
>>31519578
Wait, I thought summer was over and we didn't have people this fucking stupid on now.
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.